• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you know what?

If the players give up like all of you lot are then we wouldn't be very happy would we?

There's no pressure really now. Why can't we go on a 6 game running streak?

Because we've ran out of gas. If you'd offered me mid table in August I'd have snatched your hand off, this hasn't been a bad season by any means. The squad need a full pre season together and go again next season.

I think that may have killed us of. If (and its a big ask) we could win 8 out of our last 10 then maybe we could sneak it but will need a massive bit of luck for the 5 or so teams around us to have a poor finish

I know its a **** division but what can we do, at the beginning of the season we we would be glad to be in the position we just have to take it on the chin and just be patient !its not over yet!

Because we've ran out of gas. If you'd offered me mid table in August I'd have snatched your hand off, this hasn't been a bad season by any means. The squad need a full pre season together and go again next season.

Yep, agree with that.

But there's no point in giving up.

Mohsni is back soon, I might put money on us winning the last 10. Why not?
I can't be bothered to go and not think we are going to win every game.
:dizzy:

Sea Sea Sea Siders!

...but it would have been so easy to get in to these play offs, but Ron has bin on the missing list for 6 months and silly Tara aint much better!

Never mind.

At last a season of nothingness, we are due one. And we should be happy with that.

No point in getting loanees in now, use the money elsewhere to keep the club afloat now and over the summer period.

All eyes towards next season. When we should be looking to mount a serious challenge with any luck.

In these days of spiralling fuel costs, at least we have the satisfaction of another local derby next season..... away to Crawley.

How much of the current squad will be here pre-season though? And going by previous seasons I will be amazed if we sign anyone early.

Doubt we will see him again this season?. Not worth the risk to bring him back for the last couple of games. Give him the extra months to get back to 100%.

Well, if we don't see him again this season I'll eat my hat, I don't have any hats but I'll buy one just so I can eat it.
He isn't very far off playing again!!!!!!
I still believe we will go up!

Rons now got his wish, mid table. Could have so easily bin top 6 but not interested. Don't think i'll be interested when he wants 300 quid x 4 for seasons!

Losing run = Wiggy posts, recent winning run = No Wiggy posts. Let's hope we win Friday and it begins a run of wins.

Sturrock on BBC Essex:

"Too few have had to carry the load"
"First goal was always going to win it"
"Lack of pre-season key factor"
"Can't be confident of going up"
"Lost too many goals lately"
"No continuity"

I'm happy that both Paul Sturrock and Luke Prosser have mentioned that they still know it is possible to get in the playoffs.

Prosser summed it up, 'Everyone in this league is beatable'!

I'm not giving up yet. The players aren't giving up.
Let's have it!

Sturrock on BBC Essex:

"Too few have had to carry the load"
"First goal was always going to win it"
"Lack of pre-season key factor"
"Can't be confident of going up"
"Lost too many goals lately"
"No continuity"

Anyone think any different?. 'Cant be confident of going up'!. How many of us ever were?.

Anyone think any different?. 'Cant be confident of going up'!. How many of us ever were?.

''Can't be confident of going up'' was not just said like that. He actually said.

'We have 10 games left, that's 30 points, if we win all those we go up'' - Paul Sturrock

''Confident of going up still then?'' - Interviewer

''Well, no, not confident'' - Paul Sturrock

A subtle difference there. How many points do we think we need to sneak in the playoffs? Smiffy you had those stats, but I can't find the thread.

''Can't be confident of going up'' was not just said like that. He actually said.

'We have 10 games left, that's 30 points, if we win all those we go up'' - Paul Sturrock

''Confident of going up still then?'' - Interviewer

''Well, no, not confident'' - Paul Sturrock

A subtle difference there. How many points do we think we need to sneak in the playoffs? Smiffy you had those stats, but I can't find the thread.

The average is around 72 points for 7th spot.

We would need to win probably 8 out of 10 at least mate.

It's over i'm afraid, love your optimism though.

The average is around 72 points for 7th spot.

We would need to win probably 8 out of 10 at least mate.

It's over i'm afraid, love your optimism though.

It's never over, especially whilst I'm going a long and supporting them. Even the last game of the season needing 12 points from the last game I still think that all teams above us will go into administration and having 30 points deducted allowing us to go up automatically.

IT'S NEVER OVER.
:slurp:

Back