• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch .... Crewe

Mick

Life President
The referee for Tuesday night's re-arranged game against Crewe is Graham Scott, not from the Antarctic but from Abingdon in Oxfordshire.

A "first year" referee who seems to be doing okay ... or was 'til he had the misfortune to have to officiate both Colchester and Orient in the same match.
Eight yellows and a red (yes, of course, Thornton) duly ensued.

It will be his second visit to Roots Hall. I don't recall the defeat at home to Orient in the paint thing being his fault at all. He has now done 19 games, mostly League Two, with 51 yellows and 7 reds to his name.

Crewe usually try to play a bit of football so hopefully it won't be too much of a challenge for him.

Rob Whitton makes the short journey from Chelmsford to run one line, with Grant Smith from East Sussex on the other. Irvine Woodward is 4th official.

Just a general question Mick. At what level would a L1 linesman usually referee a game??

Can we please not have another dodgy ref? We had a bad ref v yeovil, v bristol, v scunny, v tranmere, thats 4 out of 6 and 1 didnt have a choice but to call it off, so basically 4 out of 5, its getting silly.

Last edited:
Manor, read your posts back before submitting. That's assuming you didn't mean to say we want another dodgy ref..

Manor, read your posts back before submitting. That's assuming you didn't mean to say we want another dodgy ref..

I meant it sarcastically but reading it back again i guess your right

Just a general question Mick. At what level would a L1 linesman usually referee a game??

Members of the National List of Assistant referees would typically referee on what are called Contributory Leagues. In our area this would include Ryman League, Southern League, Ridgeons League. Some might also referee Conference games.

Members of the National List of Assistant referees would typically referee on what are called Contributory Leagues. In our area this would include Ryman League, Southern League, Ridgeons League. Some might also referee Conference games.

Cheers for that. I was only wondering as you never see the likes of Keith Hill running the line at Roots Hall and vice versa.

Cheers for that. I was only wondering as you never see the likes of Keith Hill running the line at Roots Hall and vice versa.

Course not .. he could only give a decision one way, though lets face it thats usually what he does when he refs us :madman:

Back