• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Superb piece about Cristiano Ronaldo by Sid Lowe. Not only focussing on the shiney faced footballer, but also the bonkers coverage by the Spanish press!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/feb/22/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-villarreal

Cheers for that Pubey. The press coverage here in Madrid is indeed vomit-inducing. You should see how much their wet their pants when Barcelona drop a point, it's as if last year's treble never happened. I should add that the Barcelona press are just as ridiculous. All good fun I guess!

I get the impression that it's very similar to the daily Wayne Rooney masturbatory piece that Steven Howard has published in The Sun...

Good article. It still makes me laugh to hear people describe the "Ronaldo" free-kick. The same technique used by players like Van de Vaart and Juninho Pernambucano before him - to superior effect in the case of the latter. The same technique used earlier still by Branco, and doubtless by others earlier still who I'm unaware of.

It's not that long ago that it was sacrilege to dispute that Ronaldinho was the greatest player in the world. Ditto Rivaldo before him. Football's great cheats and narcissists tend not to perform so well when things start to go against them and it's time to roll up your sleeves and fight your way through adversity. Having watched Ronaldo fade into insignificance for club and country when his team is up against it I'm still predicting that history will reflect upon Lionel Messi as the superior player and professional.

Back