• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Comfortable win for me, now got a Level VI (1 57k player and 2 40k+), should be another easy win. Shame it's away, but can't complain....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB had a 10 wicket win after her oppo threw the game. She's now at home to a Level IV (1 188k player, plus another 6 70k+, however their fitness is getting shot to bits). If Mrs BB can pick up an all-rounder before the week-end, she should win.

Oppo are 113/9 so should be cruising through to Round 5.

Disastrous day for Zone teams!!

DIBS DIPPERS v Penistone 2nd XI
Eleven Golden Vampires v Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
General Stars v TC Revolution

Jargon Busters v Southend
Mallinson CC XI v BATTY SHRIMPERS
N-Trance shire v Westons Whackers
Paks in Normanton v ShrimperZone Vets CC
ShrimperZone CC v Blue Bell Hill Village CC
Stamford Lions v Southend United

Nice and easy, bowled them out for 59

Southend United won the toss and elected to field.
Reporter's Summary
Stamford Lions Southend United
Top Order: sensational miraculous
Middle Order: competent quality
Lower Order: feeble abysmal
Seam Bowling: sensational elite
Spin Bowling: respectable useless
Fielding: feeble competent
MOTM: Lake

And then there were four. Another favourable draw for me, home to a IV with good players but poor fitness.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Fenwick CC
ShrimperZone CC v Porto CC
Southend v Reykjaví*k CC
The Poodles v Southend United

Im sorry, but how the f**k did i lose to those bunch of mugs!? Fooooking joke and will probably mean i'll get done in my FC match to boot. Jeeeeeeezzzzzuss christ!!

Disastrous day for Zone teams!!

Paks in Normanton ShrimperZone Vets CC
Top Order: wonderful exceptional
Middle Order: remarkable strong
Lower Order: woeful woeful
Seam Bowling: exceptional wonderful
Spin Bowling: sensational elite
Fielding: feeble mediocre

MOTM: Steadhart

I'm not too disheartened at a 4 wicket defeat - I've never registered an elite before so with a couple of players rested (1 bat and 1 bowl) to focus on crucial FC match this week I can enjoy the extra money getting this far has got me.

Were getting a bit of a battering but again Graham has ridden to the rescue:

End of Over 24: 114-5, runrate=4.75
Graham 2-0-9-3
Davison* 62 (66 balls)
Coker 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Ud-din c. Lamey b. Graham 0 (FOW: 114/5)

23.6 W Graham to Ud-din
I've faced that delivery in a nightmare: a hint of drift into the pads, vicious turn away from the bat and Ud-din duly feathers it through to Lamey. Scant consolation for Ud-din that it clean bowled me.
23.4 W Graham to Peacock
There's one for the highlight reel. Peacock thought that was turning towards second slip, but he's been made to look like a right numpty.
tamely to point.
23.2 W Graham to Aldred
Aldred has tried to sweep that but has got it horribly wrong. He was through the shot before the ball had even reached him and it has hit the back of his bat and looped up for an easy catch for Lamey.

Safely through with a 9 wicket win and a very winnable game up next. As BB says though, PFL in all sorts of trouble. Will play my FC game properly then throw Fridays match and next weeks BT20 matches which will hopefully allow me to negotiate a couple more rounds.

Only Toddy and I left now and neither of us are doing too well. None of our top order really contributed and it's left to Macca to make some runs which is annoying as he's our least fit batsman after a ton on Friday and three nets yesterday!!

Ringo's Mexican Standoff v Southend United
Southend United won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 27: 131-1, runrate=4.85
Cahill 4-0-11-0
Mackin* 77 (90 balls)
Balgobin 18 (33 balls)
Last Wicket: Shane Run Out 31 (FOW: 73/1)

----------------------------------------------------

Farningham CC v ShrimperZone CC
Farningham CC won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 28: 126-4, runrate=4.50
Kozluk 9-1-28-2
Marriott* 12 (28 balls)
Mcleod 51 (74 balls)
Last Wicket: Sinethemba c. Swonnell b. Kozluk 4 (FOW: 95/4)

Macca rescues us with a ton, hopefully we can defend this. They play on a dusty which suits us anyway.

End of Over 50: 255-8, runrate=5.10
Engels 10-0-71-4
Benjamin* 23 (17 balls)
Hartburn 3 (3 balls)
Last Wicket: Oates lbw b. Engels 7 (FOW: 251/8)

Toddy has a big total to chase:

End of Over 50: 281-4, runrate=5.62
Lake 10-0-71-1
Foulkes* 16 (9 balls)
Ray 37 (46 balls)
Last Wicket: Sura lbw b. Lake 36 (FOW: 258/4)

Not going to do it, did score quick enough after Wright run himself out in the 27 over

And that's the end of the match. Ringo's Mexican Standoff won by 20 runs.
Ringo's Mexican Standoff 281-4
Southend United 261-10

End of Over 50: 261-10, runrate=5.22
Midworth 9-0-68-3
Gichki* 34 (23 balls)

49.5 W Midworth to Cahill
Midworth gets some jag and bounce outside off, there's a big fat edge and Dirkin clutches the ball at first slip.

Sky Blues away next round so will take the gate receipts and run :)

I'm out, my semi full lineup never stood a chance:

Sky Blues ShrimperZone CC
Top Order: elite sensational
Middle Order: elite strong
Lower Order: superb mediocre
Seam Bowling: elite remarkable
Spin Bowling: elite remarkable
Fielding: respectable feeble

Oh and for those who are interested, here's the mail I received!

BrockVH
I don't wish to sound as if I am whinging but I thought it was an alliance that was created to be as much a level playing field as it could be. I do not think I would have won, even if he played his weakest side but DIBS DIPPERS has just fielded about the strongest side he could. My highest for the day is 21,000 and he has played 4 players over 100,000 and 3 over 50,000. I see no point in that type of match and I do not want to continue if all matches are going to be like that.
ARH

Nice chap. Does HE not realise that HE lost to a SHE! lol.

Lets hope they dont play that line-up against me!!

Kev

didn't seem to bother him last season when he was putting out strong teams against my reserves...

Back