• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
On this date last year:

We had 31 points.
We had won 8 and drawn 7 matches.
We had a small positive goal difference.
We were unbeaten in 6 League games.
We were out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle.
We were out of the League Cup at the first hurdle.

All of those facts are true today.

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

Spooky stats.....but can't help thinking that you have too much spare time on your hands :winking:

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

The last two are pretty much facts every season :smile:

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

You missed one. We were 8th then as we are now. Only one thing spoils it, we had only played 20 games then against 21 this season. 9 out of 10 for research though.

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

When I saw the thread title, I assumed I would see the HMRC words!

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

We have different players - nothing is ever the same as before.

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

You missed one. We were 8th then as we are now. Only one thing spoils it, we had only played 20 games then against 21 this season. 9 out of 10 for research though.

We were both 8th and 9th on 12/12/15 (due to Bury winning that day).

We have indeed played that extra game this season so you could make a case that we are marginally worse off. Poor show. Brown out ! :winking:

We are playing far better this season, at this stage, than we were last season

We are playing far better this season, at this stage, than we were last season

Except in the Checkatrade Cup, last 2 games in this competition were 2 of the poorest performances this season:sad:.

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

More importantly, what's the comparative situation over at Bolton?

We also had a slow start last year although that did continue for longer this year and I suspect our current form is better than this time last year.

This time last year though I felt we were outperforming as a team and whilst we were around the play-offs I never expected us to stay there, although I did not expect us to fall away as badly as we did after Christmas. This year, with the likes of Ferdinand, Wordsworth, Macca, Ranger, and Cox I think we can maintain a top ten place and possibly just sneak into the play-offs.

On this date last year:

We had 31 points.

so basically over the last 12 months we have made no progress whatsoever! :smile:

Last year would of been an over achievement to make the play-offs. We were probably a mid table team having a good run, and were always going to finish mid-table.

This year, if and its a very big if, Ferdinand, Cox, Ranger, Macca and Leonard all steer clear of serious injury, I would expect play-offs as a minimum.

I think our current starting XI is probably amongst the best in the division. If I was a fan of another team, I would look at that eleven, and think, blimey, 3 ex Premiership players, and a couple of ex Championship players. That looks like a good team on paper.

Last year would of been an over achievement to make the play-offs. We were probably a mid table team having a good run, and were always going to finish mid-table.

This year, if and its a very big if, Ferdinand, Cox, Ranger, Macca and Leonard all steer clear of serious injury, I would expect play-offs as a minimum.

I think our current starting XI is probably amongst the best in the division. If I was a fan of another team, I would look at that eleven, and think, blimey, 3 ex Premiership players, and a couple of ex Championship players. That looks like a good team on paper.

Nope.:nope:

I agree with your first paragraph but not so sure on the second. I think a top 10 is achievable and with a bit of luck the play-offs (most likely 5th or 6th). I would not expect the play offs as a minimum though.

More importantly, what's the comparative situation over at Bolton?

In their twelve month period Bolton have dropped two places from 24th in the Football League to 26th albeit with 31 more points than they had this time last year. In fact they've already exceeded last year's final points tally by 13.

Do you not think that with the eleven that have played the last 9 games we could not maintain about a 1.7 points per game ratio over the course of the remaining season? This would give up points in the mid 70's

Over those 9 games we have picked up 2.11 points per game.

Those 9 games have produced away wins of 4-1 and 3-0. Home wins of 3-0, 3-1 and 1-0 as well as 4 draws.

We also have played the better teams in the division away from home (Scunny, Bolton, Sheff Utd, Bradford and Rochdale)

Dont get me wrong, at the start of the season I would of taken a top 10 finish and an improvement from last season, I just feel that with the current starting XI I think more is achievable.

Back