• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

D-day

My contact at The Civic Centre has just informed me the council chambers are rammed with 200+ fans, and another 500+ are gathered outside at the moment all decked in support the stadium merchandise and banners.

Great effort

Lets hope the Council see how much this New Stadium means to us Shrimpers

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

Just prepare for the worst people, that way there will be no suicides on here in an hour or so..

We have waited so long for this if they say No then it will upset a lot of people.

I am really nervous too! Great to hear how much support there is, it is far more than I ever thought. I trust Ron so am hopeful that he knows what he is doing. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty confident today will result in a deferral with a request for extra information regarding certain aspects of the design, which Ron will promptly gather and supply within the next 2-4 weeks.

We'll get a result by the end of March, which will hopefully be favourable.

Well it starts at 2 doesnt it, so I dunno, I wonder if they state their answer straight away or they put everyone through torture of sitting there and listening to all the reasons why they wont be putting ti through. If it gets turned down then I am going to be very unhappy for days :(

I'm pretty confident today will result in a deferral with a request for extra information regarding certain aspects of the design, which Ron will promptly gather and supply within the next 2-4 weeks.

We'll get a result by the end of March, which will hopefully be favourable.

Is it good news ifit gets deferred then?? If all he has to do is submit extra information resulting in the green light then thats good although not sure I cant wait until March!!!

Just drove past the Civic Centre as the team coach was arriving, there were indeed hundreds and hundreds of people outside in colours and with "Support Your Town" banners, wish I could have stopped to join in :(

Is it good news ifit gets deferred then?? If all he has to do is submit extra information resulting in the green light then thats good although not sure I cant wait until March!!!

It's the best possible outcome more than likely. Because the Planners recommendation is it gets refused, if the council now allow it the plan goes to Sec. of State Ruth Kelly IIRC, which could take months a la Brighton.

My contact at The Civic Centre has just informed me the council chambers are rammed with 200+ fans, and another 500+ are gathered outside at the moment all decked in support the stadium merchandise and banners.

Great effort

How many opposing?

Certainly sounds like agreat turn out. Let hope it doesn't backfire....local politicians don't like getting bounced into things or intimidated.

I been waiting for ages to be back on Shrimperzone! nice message board, look better than the last time I was there - Anyway I hope for a YES vote otherwise I fear for some Council will stuffer a backlash from SUFC fans who will vote them out at next election.

I can image everyone telling CSJ to f**k off when he is shouting "No to New Stadium" with Sue Steer holding his hand saying "Yeah! I agree with you my love".

Back