• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCStu

President
JPT time on Tuesday and a trip to Dagenham and Redbridge awaits.....

Would like to see Grant and Hall play, not the full 90 minutes because they will be needed for the more important game at Crewe if thats on bench or starting no one knows.

Would go with something like

Morris

Leonard Mohsni Barker Gilbert

Hall Grant Kalala Johnson

Dickinson Sturrock

Wouldnt want to risk Phillps in a game like this, Maybe Clohessy will be saved for the next game and Crawford if he isnt banished from the first team could play.

Last edited:
would like to see bentley get a game in goal for this one and a few other squad players.

would like to see MJL involved somewhere in this one. Looking forward to this, not sure what the atmosphere's gonna be like but we should be taking a few

Merrick could be a useful sub, I'm more keen to know how Sawyer is doing though. He's spent about as much time on the pitch as James Walker so far!

For me, I'd play Prosser instead of Phillips at the back, midfield, the same, up top, Blair in for Harris. Bench of Bentley, Grant, Hall, Harris and Mohsni or are we allowed 7 for this? In which case, add in Merrick and Nesbitt.

Merrick could be a useful sub, I'm more keen to know how Sawyer is doing though. He's spent about as much time on the pitch as James Walker so far!

For me, I'd play Prosser instead of Phillips at the back, midfield, the same, up top, Blair in for Harris. Bench of Bentley, Grant, Hall, Harris and Mohsni or are we allowed 7 for this? In which case, add in Merrick and Nesbitt.

Isn't nesbitt out on loan?

Very winnable game, looking forward to it as I don't get to hardly any away games. Stick Grant, Hall and Moshni on and we should be winning the game really. Would be nice to see Bentley get a game too and I want a look at MJL

Id like to see a side of

Morris

Clohessy Mohsni Barker Gilbert

Johnson Grant Kalala Hall

Sturrock and Harris

Bench of Bentley Prosser Dickinson Ferdinand Timlin and 2 youthies

Depends how seriously paul sturrock takes this competition. Even though i am going to the game i dont really care about it. The league is our priority!

This would have been a great run out for the likes of sawyer and corr had they been fit enough

I was advised yesterday by a senior official of Essex FA that only 5 subs are allowed in this competition.

FA Cup and Carling Cup where the "big boys" play still allow 7 subs.:smile:

JPT time on Tuesday and a trip to Dagenham and Redbridge awaits.....

Would like to see Grant and Hall play, not the full 90 minutes because they will be needed for the more important game at Crewe if thats on bench or starting no one knows.

Would go with something like

Morris

Leonard Mohsni Barker Prosser

Hall Grant Kalala Johnson

Dickinson Sturrock

Wouldnt want to risk Phillps in a game like this, Maybe Clohessy will be saved for the next game and Crawford if he isnt banished from the first team could play.

You do realise that we'd be fined for naming this line-up?

Personally, I don't understand why people seemingly want us to lose by fielding weakened line-ups. Keep the momentum going and play our strongest team.

Wonder what sort of numbers we will take?

We took 800 to Barnet last year in the same competition didn't we?

Also a reminder that U18 ticket prices will rise to £5 on the gate tomorrow...

8-18 year olds pay £2 if bought today. U7's pay £1 if bought today..

Concessions remain at £5 and Adults £10 on the gate.

Details

Last edited:
Don't we have to keep 6 starters from our last game or something?

Those are the rules, yeah. Six starters from the previous league game. Although Crawley didn't do it against us in the last round and Sheffield Wednesday subbed three players in the first few minutes of the game to get around the rule.

Those are the rules, yeah. Six starters from the previous league game. Although Crawley didn't do it against us in the last round and Sheffield Wednesday subbed three players in the first few minutes of the game to get around the rule.

That was a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Some of their squad players won't have played many games so would probably have found the full 90 mins a challenge. And you only need an injury and you're down to 10 men.

I'm tempted to go I must admit, so who's going? Can we take the drum and flags? Tickets on the gate? AND how much?

Back