• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Like he dealt with the Wycombe player for their second goal last Saturday you mean

his defending for the first was far worse. I don't know why that hasn't been foccused on. anyway I digress. We are going to have a great day out and return with 3 points ( hopefully).

Its a local game, but the Derby tag is overused these days, the fixture has no history, a bit like D&R really.
we played the original Dagenham in the FACup 1971, and I have probably seen the various proper clubs, which were used to make money and form D&R, more than I have seen the ******* offspring.
I was born in Romford when it was Essex, moved from Hornchurch the day it became a London borough.
Dagenham and Redbridge was formed after 1965 , which in my mind makes it a London team .

"Been out out injured for a year. Came back to get some much needed minutes about 5/6 weeks ago in an Essex Senior Cup game and his Injury swelled up again and doctors reckon he's probably out for whole season now."

Well that's that sorted then. If they play in the Essex Senior Cup it must be an Essex derby today
:winking:

Love how so many of you are scared of having the tag of being in a derby with Dagenham. Does it matter if we consider it a derby? Really?

Wow. Someone who has never lived in Essex, but has lived in London, is having a dig at someone who lives closer to Southend than he ever has...

Wow. Someone who has never lived in Essex, but has lived in London, is having a dig at someone who lives closer to Southend than he ever has...

For starters, well played today. Much better team second half than us after an even first half. Thought the banter on the terrace was good although maybe the occasional chants as a tad distasteful but that that's a derby atmosphere I guess.

secondly, not sure if your post is about me or I've missed something. Who in this thread had 'a dig' at anyone?

Thanks buddy. Was a decent game (for us, anyway). We were made very welcome by your club and enjoyed the day. All the best for the rest of the season.

For starters, well played today. Much better team second half than us after an even first half. Thought the banter on the terrace was good although maybe the occasional chants as a tad distasteful but that that's a derby atmosphere I guess.

secondly, not sure if your post is about me or I've missed something. Who in this thread had 'a dig' at anyone?

No one by my reckoning, ignore it. Thanks for the compliments and good luck for the rest of the season.

I love East London but christ I'm glad I don't bloody live there anymore....
Barking, Dagenham, Ilford - all East London manors.
In fact both East and West Ham (taking in Stratford) were Essex county councils until 65 (Forest Gate the boundary... as in Epping).
As kids I'd play matches for my school and district in both London and Essex cups.
Havering is a funny London borough... Romford (lived there too a short while), Hornchurch and Upminster people, they consider themselves Essex, as they are that much further out and act much different too.... whereas all the other mobs above, like myself are shall we say a bit more rough round the edges and 'streetwise'.

I was glad our match at Arsenal was a Saturday 3pm ko for once but disappointed when it coincided with D&R away... I would have gone otherwise, must admit I had more than half an eye on the score today whilst getting done in that lifeless spaceship shaped library.
Firestorm seems to have got it right about Daggers in my opinion. I remember going there to watch Redbridge Forest, who were flying, when Dagenham were much farther down the football pyramid bless em. Most West Ham look at Dagenham as a little baby brother, but me being an Ilford boy has always looked down at them like dirt I'm afraid.
well done Southend.

I come in peace..

Thought I'd have a look at your forum last couple of days to get a feel to some of your opinions about the game and see you've sold out. Hoping for a quality atmosphere tomorrow then.

Also, thought it was interesting to see that you's don't consider us a derby. Seemed a bit strange to me but we certainly do. Feel free to give us some much needed funds by buying some beer from our supporters club and food etc.

Looking forward to some head to head chanting between us fans. Nice friendly DERBY atmosphere us daggers hope for.

Regarding the game I fancy a 1-1 draw! Reckon 3,480 with 1,450 odd from you. Bumper crowd for us.

See some of you tomorrow..

COYD!

i was very disappointed today with the hospitality, or lack of, from D & R. In previous years, we've been very welcome to use their clubhouse, which is spacious and serves decent beer. Today they directed us to the "away" fans bar, after assuring us that they would be serving the same drinks, only to find that once we entered the ground we were standing in a fridge with no seats being offered crap keg beer. If we had known we would have gone to a pub instead of trying to give support to their supporters bar. Shame on you D & R, if we don't get out of this crap division this year we'll be off to the pub next year.

Ignore it. Pretty sure it's aimed at a Southend supporter on this thread. Which is kind of typical of the poster.

i was very disappointed today with the hospitality, or lack of, from D & R. In previous years, we've been very welcome to use their clubhouse, which is spacious and serves decent beer. Today they directed us to the "away" fans bar, after assuring us that they would be serving the same drinks, only to find that once we entered the ground we were standing in a fridge with no seats being offered crap keg beer. If we had known we would have gone to a pub instead of trying to give support to their supporters bar. Shame on you D & R, if we don't get out of this crap division this year we'll be off to the pub next year.
This happened last year too. They seemed to allow a select few in but not all.

Well, that is a shame - as you say, the club house is decent and a friendly place to be. Keg ale is no substitute for the real thing - perhaps they felt that 1,400+ Southend fans might be too much to handle.

It's a small point but many times I travel to away games and spend little or nothing at the ground because the choice of food and drink is dire. Daggers is one of the few grounds where I spent quite a lot more money last year because they had decent beer on offer. Interestingly (or strangely) it was the same at the new Darlington ground some years ago. Good facilities (errhh ... and very few people in the bar!)

If we (Southend) ever get to a new ground, I do hope that the catering is not as poor as it is at so many other modern grounds as I feel they (S.U.F.C.) will be missing out on a lot of extra revenue.

Apologies for going off topic a little ............

this is something that tends to happen when the away support is more than a certain number. Nothing personal to your lot as pompey, Northampton and soon to be Luton get the same treatment. Only so we don't get overrun. I believe that if you were there extremely early you would've been allowed in the normal supporters bar.

Anyways, nothing to do with me but sorry bout how it turned out for ya.

There were plenty of Southend fans in the clubhouse, friendly atmosphere and the Palace v QPR match on screen. It wasn't packed in any way either

Back