• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dagenham in Kent??

Cricko2

Having not been to Dagenham in some years and only knowing the old A13 route I thought it wise to suggest to our Cabbie (CSJ) that this would be the best way to go last evening. Not so...apparently Dagenham is now in Kent.

Now Jay being the bright spark he is took it upon himself to take a wrong turning by Dartford Tunnel. Instead of going left he went right and we were facing the QE2 bridge with what we thought was no possiblity of a turn around.

Faced with the prospect of going to Kent and back and stuck in a mile long queue as it was about 6-30 and very busy, the quick thinking navigator and co-pilots accessed the situation. We ordered the Cabbie into the offroad layby where the tankers stop and found a locked gate at the bottom of the hill by the Hotel.

This was a one way street so having now backed up to the office I went in and asked if it was possible to open the gate. After much grovelling and telling him what an ar$e our driver was, this nice man agreed to it and we found ourselves back on route.

So If you ever take a wrong turning and face that bridge by mistake( highly unlikely of course unless you are Jay)

There is a way to get out. :D

Would not have happened if I was invited

I didn't know you were not Scott..I had arranged a lift with Jay before he went away and he had a car full ..I guess maybe you should of spoken to him about it.
I was suprised you were not there but several people went up from Southend and if you didnt want to drive fair enough, but a quick post on the forum asking who was going up and could you have a lift might of been an idea.:)

I didn't know you were not Scott..I had arranged a lift with Jay before he went away and he had a car full ..I guess maybe you should of spoken to him about it.
I was suprised you were not there but several people went up from Southend and if you didnt want to drive fair enough, but a quick post on the forum asking who was going up and could you have a lift might of been an idea.:)

I did ask J - I have lost allot of respect for him and I ain't talking to him bottom line! fed up of being treat like a mug

I did ask J - I have lost allot of respect for him and I ain't talking to him bottom line! fed up of being treat like a mug

Que? I ain't spoke to you since last week :confused:

Back