• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

effy67

Youth Team
Why oh why do we sing this moronic song? Hate it when away fans sing it to us and hate it even more when we show a complete lack of respect by singing it at other grounds.

I expect Daggers fans realise they don't live in a particularly picturesque area but then parts of Southend are n't great either! And anyway that is not the point.

12 of us sat in their main stand and when we stood up to applaud our goals there was no vitriol and hate shown to us in fact the locals were very welcoming and had a good chat with us.

Daggers are a proper footy club so no need for the imbecilic chanting by a minority of fans inside or outside the ground. We are better than that.

Rant over

I don't like it either, and as you say, the Dagenham people I encountered were also very pleasant. Have to say, their food bar is amazing! Fresh shepherds pies, bread rolls baked on the premises, fresh burgers, very decent cup of tea and only 50p for a chocolate bar! Best send our catering team up there to have a look, they might learn something!

Am I really reading this thread??????????????????

ONCE AGAIN TALK LIKE THIS IS TAKING THE RIVALRY AND PASSION OUT OF SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We say there place is a **** hole - Oxford come to Southend say its a **** hole - United go to Liverpool and say its a **** hole

**** sake people stop being so wet soft and ****ing gay.

Some of you just want to get rid of segregation skip down the road holding hands with opposition support.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG - the day it happens I will give up football - its the us vs them attitude that makes our sport BETTER then rugby!!!!!

I don't like it either, and as you say, the Dagenham people I encountered were also very pleasant. Have to say, their food bar is amazing! Fresh shepherds pies, bread rolls baked on the premises, fresh burgers, very decent cup of tea and only 50p for a chocolate bar! Best send our catering team up there to have a look, they might learn something!

I had a burger and it was stone cold I had one bite and couldn't eat anymore!

Christ for once I agree with TB. It's just banter FFS, all done with (hopefully anyway!) tongue in cheek.

Personally I'd far rather support for our team over abuse of the opposition. Hall will tear you apart and Moshni Bilel apart we don't have a great many of chants for individual players. That all being said, the Tilburys too posh for you song did make me laugh.

jeeeeeeeeeeeeez it's just BANTER !! Part and parcel of the match day experience.

Atmosphere at RH is boosted 10 fold when the away opposition bring a decent following - hopefully something we can look forward to next season.

As you say, this particular chant gets sung up and down the country - no one's going to take it personally!

Christ for once I agree with TB. It's just banter FFS, all done with (hopefully anyway!) tongue in cheek.

It's witless, that's what it is.

I'm all for a bit of banter, but let's try and have a sense of humour about it and make it funny rather than moronic.

As you say, this particular chant gets sung up and down the country - no one's going to take it personally!

Exactly, it's ****ing boring and something they'll have heard 100 times before.

At least come up with something original.

I was embarrassed, I have been going to football for 45 years for the football and not to taunt or humiliate the opposition fans - and if that make me different from some on this board, so be it.

ps, I have been some right ol' dumps around the country in the past, and Dagenham smart new stand isn't one of them

ONCE AGAIN TALK LIKE THIS IS TAKING THE RIVALRY AND PASSION OUT OF SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We say there place is a **** hole - Oxford come to Southend say its a **** hole - United go to Liverpool and say its a **** hole

Some of you just want to get rid of segregation skip down the road holding hands with opposition support.

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG - the day it happens I will give up football - its the us vs them attitude that makes our sport BETTER then rugby!!!!!

well said!!

It is the same when at internationals when opposition national anthems are booed. It appeals only to knuckle draggers.

Passion is great, rivalry is fine; puerile abuse on the other hand does nothing to enhance proceedings.

Haven't heard a decent reply song to it yet
How about to the same tune
You better go home
your teams f****** useless

:'( At least it might stop it being sung

Back