• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Check this out:

Sky

I hope they're wrong. They reckon we'll be lucky to get a whole season out of him.

Sky demonstrating its appalling lack of lower league knowledge here. That's clearly a picture of Phil Jones.

Sky demonstrating its appalling lack of lower league knowledge here. That's clearly a picture of Phil Jones.

No where near enough excess facial skin, but similar expression.

They value him at £1m! If we get that after only 1 full season with him then I'd be happy with that and we've got Chambers and Smith (Ted) behind him waiting for their chance.

So the have his potential ability as 10 out of 10 but his potential value is only £10mil surely a 10 out of 10 keeper is worth a lot more than that? 1million at the moment is an offer i'd accept!

Also his shooting and pace are quite good, maybe we should play him up front :unsure:

Also his "ability" is 12/12 but his potential is 11/12 .... so he is going to get worse?

Total nonsense.

He could be worth a bit come the end of the season, but totally unproven at moment.

This has all come about purely due to a relatively throw away comment from Phil Brown whilst on sky sports when he said Dan could be a future England Int'l .

I like this about Brown , he's out there in the media bigging up our players ( ok , this week he also slagged them off )

As much as Barry Fry is an odious little cretin i always admired the way he massively overinflated a players worth + value. Footballers are pretty stupid creatures + will believe anything you tell em so when Barry Fry goes into the papers saying such + such is worth a million quid not only will the player be more confident, people assume that is his market value. Look at how much he bagged from Palace for that rather average fella Dwight Gayle.

Like it or not football is all about money so the more Phil Brown goes on tv bigging up our players + increasing their value the better for our football club.

By the way that Ryan Leonard is worth about £2 mio :winking:

This has all come about purely due to a relatively throw away comment from Phil Brown whilst on sky sports when he said Dan could be a future England Int'l .

I like this about Brown , he's out there in the media bigging up our players ( ok , this week he also slagged them off )

As much as Barry Fry is an odious little cretin i always admired the way he massively overinflated a players worth + value. Footballers are pretty stupid creatures + will believe anything you tell em so when Barry Fry goes into the papers saying such + such is worth a million quid not only will the player be more confident, people assume that is his market value. Look at how much he bagged from Palace for that rather average fella Dwight Gayle.

Like it or not football is all about money so the more Phil Brown goes on tv bigging up our players + increasing their value the better for our football club.

By the way that Ryan Leonard is worth about £2 mio :winking:

Not gonna disagree with any post with that statement!

I think Barry Fry used to big players up for two reasons. Firstly because it inflated their price, but also because it inflated their confidence...

Cant say he has impressed so far this season, certainly doesnt command his area as much as he should. Im not saying drop him, but no where near as good as some are making out and some on here have suggested a recall for Smith. Got the feeling that Bentley himself thinks he is better than he is and the comments by Brown have probably contributed to this.

He's going to have 'dips' in form because of his age and he still has lots to learn , but I hope Brown sticks by him.
A couple more defeats though and I fear he may be sacrificed for a while.
Hope not.

Total nonsense.

He could be worth a bit come the end of the season, but totally unproven at moment.

Would disagree slightly with this comment. Totally unproven would mean he has never played a professional game. He is largely unproven, as he has only played 20 games in total at this level.

He signed a new three year contract in the close season, he's now contracted to us until 2016. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately he's probably got a minimum release fee clause, which is probably considerably less than £1m.

Lots of "probably" in there though...

Back