• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Bentley was sold for 20 million I think Brown might receive a transfer kitty of around 50 quid whilst the balance disappears into the black hole of Southend United FC.:winking:

This has all come about purely due to a relatively throw away comment from Phil Brown whilst on sky sports when he said Dan could be a future England Int'l .

I like this about Brown , he's out there in the media bigging up our players ( ok , this week he also slagged them off )

As much as Barry Fry is an odious little cretin i always admired the way he massively overinflated a players worth + value. Footballers are pretty stupid creatures + will believe anything you tell em so when Barry Fry goes into the papers saying such + such is worth a million quid not only will the player be more confident, people assume that is his market value. Look at how much he bagged from Palace for that rather average fella Dwight Gayle.

Like it or not football is all about money so the more Phil Brown goes on tv bigging up our players + increasing their value the better for our football club.

By the way that Ryan Leonard is worth about £2 mio :winking:

totally agree with all of that

He signed a new three year contract in the close season, he's now contracted to us until 2016. :thumbsup:

I was actually referring to Leonard, who I personally think has just as much potential as Bentley. I applaud the club for sorting out Bentley's deal, i'd like to see them do the same with Leonard.

Makes no difference how much we sell him for to us. It only goes into Ron fund which doesn't go back into the club.

Apart from the amount he bails the club out to every single month!

Of course. While most teams in the league make far far less money than us yet are not under transfer embargos 11 months of the year. Puzzling one aye!

Of course. While most teams in the league make far far less money than us yet are not under transfer embargos 11 months of the year. Puzzling one aye!

The 20% interest on the million loan and his consultancy fee take nearly £300,000 every year!..Nice work.

The 20% interest on the million loan and his consultancy fee take nearly £300,000 every year!..Nice work.

Jeez I missed that....
Could you point that bit out in the accounts for 2011 so I can see where I went wrong
Is it shown as payments to MD or to RM ?
Because income of half a mil pa is not showing in the accounts of the former either.

Jeez I missed that....
Could you point that bit out in the accounts for 2011 so I can see where I went wrong
Is it shown as payments to MD or to RM ?
Because income of half a mil pa is not showing in the accounts of the former either.

Read "the independent" dated 5th October 2000,I only knew because my neighbour informed me of this.

Daniel is league 2 and southend utd at best he needs to stay with the club and work hard and get better. He in my opinion believes he is better than he is. Stick with him and hope he progresses he is a young lad who has not been helped by browns england comments.

Daniel is league 2 and southend utd at best he needs to stay with the club and work hard and get better. He in my opinion believes he is better than he is. Stick with him and hope he progresses he is a young lad who has not been helped by browns england comments.

No, just replace him with Smith as he is responsible for letting goals in.

Ever spoken to Dan? He is down to earth and knows he is still learning his trade

Just my opinion fellas. Im not sayin drop him far from it i just believe the hype and build up of hes the dogs bollocks has put alot of pressure on him to perform.

So you haven't seen this, but your neighbour has? Strange indeed, would still expect to see it in the accounts.

Would have been in the 2001 accounts if happened in October 2000, there have been 10 accounts submitted since then.

I know I mentioned it before but worth repeating that young goalkeepers with potential, especially from England currently sell for a significant premium. Paolo Gazzinga , although Argentinian, released in Spain. Tried his luck here, Only 20 league appearances for Gillingham snapped up by Southampton for just below £2m! Dan coming up to 20? We do have a habit of selling cheaply in desperation and other clubs know it. Just a couple more player of the month awards will do it? Lets hope Ron will hold out for minimum £1.5m , probably not, £350,000?

Back