• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would have been in the 2001 accounts if happened in October 2000, there have been 10 accounts submitted since then.

If he is taking 300k a year then it would be in every accounts since.

Weird that.

Still if the neighbour said it must be true, if he said it whilst holding a clipboard then its cast iron.

If he is taking 300k a year then it would be in every accounts since.

Weird that.

Still if the neighbour said it must be true, if he said it whilst holding a clipboard then its cast iron.

No,

My neighbour pointed out the news report which I posted on here,That is all nothing sinister from him whatsoever.

No,

My neighbour pointed out the news report which I posted on here,That is all nothing sinister from him whatsoever.

Just read the article.
1 : the 20% refers to the charge on further loans from Delancey which were all paid off years ago
2: there is no mention of a management fee of 300k

Google" Independent October 2000 southend" rather than take your neighbours word for it.

No,

That article was 13 years ago, and doesnt even say what you mentioned.

Think you need to check your sources information before taking it as factual, seems to be a pattern emerging here :smile:

Just read the article.
1 : the 20% refers to the charge on further loans from Delancey which were all paid off years ago
2: there is no mention of a management fee of 300k

Google" Independent October 2000 southend" rather than take your neighbours word for it.

Who said 300k management fee?

The article states Delancey loaned £1,400,000 to the club at 20% annual interest,On interest alone the figure payable is £280,000 per annum,If the club have paid off the entire 1.4 mill plus all of the interest which in total must be around the 3 million mark,Well done the club.

That article was 13 years ago, and doesnt even say what you mentioned.

Think you need to check your sources information before taking it as factual, seems to be a pattern emerging here :smile:

Jam,

You are very quick in jumping the gun:smile:

The article states Delancey loaned £1,400,000 to the club at 20% annual interest,On interest alone the figure payable is £280,000 per annum,If the club have paid off the entire 1.4 mill plus all of the interest which in total must be around the 3 million mark,Well done the club.

You did

The 20% interest on the million loan and his consultancy fee take nearly £300,000 every year!..Nice work.

... however maybe you didnt word it properly.

That doesnt change the fact Delancey arent Martin Dawn though.

Wish we still only owed that amount :'(

The 20% interest on the million loan and his consultancy fee take nearly £300,000 every year!..Nice work.

I do wonder.

I doubt the loan has been completely paid off and if it has it may have just created another debt from another source.

Am I correct Ron charges the club around £70,000 per year for his consultancy?,if true then add the interest of the loan back in that period which gives us total figure of £350,000 per year.

Am I correct Ron charges the club around £70,000 per year for his consultancy?,if true then add the interest of the loan back in that period which gives us total figure of £350,000 per year.

Ron Martin isnt Delancey.

If interest was being paid (and Firestorm can confirm as he loves the accounts) then it wouldnt be going to him.

Ron Martin isnt Delancey.

If interest was being paid (and Firestorm can confirm as he loves the accounts) then it wouldnt be going to him.

I never said he was receiving All the money I stated the outgoing cost.

I never said he was receiving All the money I stated the outgoing cost.

From an article 13 years ago.

We have had millions in costs since then and are 10 million in debt.

Why bother dragging that one up!? Surely we have enough real and current issues to complain about ?

You did

... however maybe you didnt word it properly.

That doesnt change the fact Delancey arent Martin Dawn though.

Wish we still only owed that amount :'(

Thats how I read it , my mistake.
However the accounts have only recently had interest charges , I am guessing that we are now picking up the interest being charged to MD etc on the money they are borrowing on our behalf ( because the FC have nothing to borrow against)
However no interest is being charged by MD as it would appear in the accounts and HMRC would be all over it, just ask the trust how much fuss the tax on the interest the club paid on the 60k loan caused, and that was volunteered by the club , not charged by the trust

From an article 13 years ago.

We have had millions in costs since then and are 10 million in debt.

Why bother dragging that one up!? Surely we have enough real and current issues to complain about ?

Many on here including myself wonder why this club is so hard up even when the crowds ain't too bad,I was told about the article so posted it on here for anyone who wanted to read it so they could draw their own conclusions.The 10 mill debt IMO has been manufactured to suit,The ridiculous rental charge plus interest is way beyond most clubs let alone Southend,Throw in massive loans charged at expensive unfavourable rates and we all begin to understand the bigger picture.

If you are not interested that's fair enough.

Many on here including myself wonder why this club is so hard up even when the crowds ain't too bad,I was told about the article so posted it on here for anyone who wanted to read it so they could draw their own conclusions.The 10 mill debt IMO has been manufactured to suit,The ridiculous rental charge plus interest is way beyond most clubs let alone Southend,Throw in massive loans charged at expensive unfavourable rates and we all begin to understand the bigger picture.

If you are not interested that's fair enough.

Mainly because of the massive wage bill that we got when promoted to the Championship. 3 seasons in League 1 with several players still on Championship wages would have been adding to the debt.

Mainly because of the massive wage bill that we got when promoted to the Championship. 3 seasons in League 1 with several players still on Championship wages would have been adding to the debt.

Really!

What was the annual turnover compared to salaries during the periods you mention.

This is going massively off topic now! This a thread about Daniel Bentley not about Ron and the finances. Let's get back on track.

Really!

What was the annual turnover compared to salaries during the periods you mention.

2007-08: Turnover was £5.3m with wages being £3.3m (62% of turnover)
2008-09: Turnover was £5.3m with wages being £3.5m (66% of turnover)
2009-10: Turnover was £4.7m with wages being £2.9m (62% of turnover)
2010-11: Turnover was £3.2m with wages being £1.9m (59% of turnover)

The percentage according to the league rules (not sure when these were first brought in) states a club shouldn't go over the 60% mark.

2007-08: Turnover was £5.3m with wages being £3.3m (62% of turnover)
2008-09: Turnover was £5.3m with wages being £3.5m (66% of turnover)
2009-10: Turnover was £4.7m with wages being £2.9m (62% of turnover)
2010-11: Turnover was £3.2m with wages being £1.9m (59% of turnover)

The percentage according to the league rules (not sure when these were first brought in) states a club shouldn't go over the 60% mark.

The club grossed 18.5 million with salaries taking 11.6 million,My maths are not great but there appears to be a surplus of 6.9 million.

Back