• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sandbach Shrimper

Life President⭐
Looks like a few fans have finally complained to Bentley about his incessant retweeting of silly kids saying that he should be playing in goal. He's deleted some of them and apologised, saying that it wasn't meant in a vindictive or bitter way. Hope he's learnt his lesson, very unprofessional.

Total storm in a tea cup which Bentley totally covered off. Sounded to me more like bore fans than anthing Bentley did.

I agree it was starting to get a bit much for me. If these kids are tweeting him telling him he is god's gift fair enough but there is only one persons opinion he should care about and it is the gaffers.

I should probably add I think he seems a nice hard working guy and have nothing against him

Totally making a mountain out of a mole hill, got to remember his still only 19 and was just acknowledging the supporters no more to it, his a top lad

Wow he retweets a tweet and people think he's being an idiot for it? My god, all it shows is that he wants to play and not sit on the bench. Fair play to him as well.

Might I add - props to Kevan Hurst for, as ever, not burying his head in the sand like the rest of our players, and actually engaging in a debate with me on Twitter about how we are going to get out of this rut. Worth a read if you are on Twitter, as it somewhat restores your faith in footballers...

Total storm in a tea cup which Bentley totally covered off. Sounded to me more like bore fans than anthing Bentley did.

Have to say this was exactly my reaction. Meh.

Have to say this was exactly my reaction. Meh.

On the contrary, he actually seems like one of the members of our squad who is able to keep his feet firmly bolted to the ground. His re-tweets were misinterpreted, and he didn't even need to make an apology, but did nonetheless - a genuinely nice lad.

If people dont like his tweets they shouldnt follow him.....morons

On the contrary, he actually seems like one of the members of our squad who is able to keep his feet firmly bolted to the ground. His re-tweets were misinterpreted, and he didn't even need to make an apology, but did nonetheless - a genuinely nice lad.

Exactly this.

The worst one on twitter was Anthony Grant. Pseudo-philosophical claptrap, Written In Upper Case Like This and got the right arse with fans on occasion.

Benno and Dudders are good value on there though./

Had a chat with him earlier at Boots and Laces. Really nice lad...bloody tall as well

No doubts that he just wants to do well. He wants to work hard. Social media just scrutinises everything and if you ask enough people you always find a negative out of a positive!

Back