• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I am quiet surprised he hasn't move on in the transfer window..A great young goalkeeper with few faults, if any his kicking can be a bit wayward at times and maybe he could be a bit more commanding at corners. Apart from that,is it a bit bizarre.. Apparently we had no offers, but I for one am of course glad he is still with us.

Did RM just shut the door to any potential offers or he is not quite "there" yet?

I am quiet surprised he didn't move on in the transfer window..A great young goalkeeper with few faults, if any his kicking can be a bit wayward at times and maybe he could be a bit more commanding at corners. Apart from that,is it a bit bizarre.. Apparently we had no offers, but I for one am of course glad he is still with us.

Did RM just shut the door to any potential offers or he is not quite "there" yet?

look what happened with Moshni we could have had a decent wedge for him but we turned it down then he was gone for nothing

look what happened with Moshni we could have had a decent wedge for him but we turned it down then he was gone for nothing
quality player moshni and now a full international, as for bentley transfer window not shut yet so expect a couple of last minute bids tomorow:'(

Maybe those that watch more closely than I do will put me right, but there did not seem to be many, if any, bright young stars from the lower reaches moving upwards for a wodge of cash. Maybe close season is a better time for that sort of investment. As you say, it's good that we still have Bentley.

I'd like to think with Dan being a Southend fan and all the faith that the club has put into him he would not do something like that.

Maybe those that watch more closely than I do will put me right, but there did not seem to be many, if any, bright young stars from the lower reaches moving upwards for a wodge of cash. Maybe close season is a better time for that sort of investment. As you say, it's good that we still have Bentley.

I suspect that is it, January is more about panic buying to fill a hole in your squad, no one really has a young goalkeeper at the top of their list, if you desperately need to buy a new keeper you'll want a more experienced head at this stage of the season.

I don't think we have been encouraging to 'polite' enquiries and he is on a long contract. Jan window is not when many will pay top price for a goalkeeper. Summer way more likely and then it will depend what division we are in. L1 and he might stay or we will hold out and stand a chance of getting the max fee

I'd like to think with Dan being a Southend fan and all the faith that the club has put into him he would not do something like that.

No young player is going to seriously make that kind of decision to jeopardise their own chance to step up a level.

Am i right in thinking that he has already equalled / beaten his own clean sheet record from last season?

it's difficult to find out whether 2013/14 was either 19 or 20 clean sheets (depending on wikipedia or elsewhere)

i count 20 so far this season, with another 18 games to go (although im counting sufc results, and not sure if he played in all the games that ended in a goalless draw or a win for us without conceeding).

Also does anyone know the cub record for clean sheets in a season?

Either which way, if he attracted alot of attention from scouts for last season's performance, if he exceeds his record this year to season end, I think scouts will know his not just a "one season wonder" so to speak, and RM will up his price further still.

Am i right in thinking that he has already equalled / beaten his own clean sheet record from last season?

it's difficult to find out whether 2013/14 was either 19 or 20 clean sheets (depending on wikipedia or elsewhere)

i count 20 so far this season, with another 18 games to go (although im counting sufc results, and not sure if he played in all the games that ended in a goalless draw or a win for us without conceeding).

Also does anyone know the cub record for clean sheets in a season?

Either which way, if he attracted alot of attention from scouts for last season's performance, if he exceeds his record this year to season end, I think scouts will know his not just a "one season wonder" so to speak, and RM will up his price further still.

I think it's 25 in 1980/1 season.

Ron Martin did admit to me at a meeting we had that the decision to turn down West Ham's offer for Mohsni was a mistake on his part --- he thought they would return with a better offer but they didn't.

Mohsni was nearing end of contract whereas Bentley is contracted for sometime still, we have plenty of time with him.

Ron Martin did admit to me at a meeting we had that the decision to turn down West Ham's offer for Mohsni was a mistake on his part --- he thought they would return with a better offer but they didn't.

Bizarre one that. They wanted him enough to offer 150k, but not enough to even come back with a second bid.

Its obvious since that he would have failed miserably there anyway.

Mohsni was nearing end of contract whereas Bentley is contracted for sometime still, we have plenty of time with him.

Also fairly sure that Bentley won't act like a prize **** and decide to storm off for months to another country.

I thought he seemed to spend a bit longer waving to the fans after the game yesterday, leaving the field well after the rest of the team. Could this have been a fond farewell or am I just putting 2 and 2 together and making 5?

Doesn't he do that every game though?

I'm fairly sure that comment has been made several times now, so I wouldn't look into it too much.

I thought it was reported on here from the Mail Online that Brentford came in with a half million pound bid but were told we wanted double.

I thought it was reported on here from the Mail Online that Brentford came in with a half million pound bid but were told we wanted double.

And how accurate is the Mail Online?? You'll be telling me next that there is no such thing as the tooth fairy!

Back