• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

mattitouk

Life President
Didn't figure in Brentford's 22 man squad last night (they lost to Boreham Wood 2-1)

Cm3ByBzWYAAPoPg.jpg:large

Yeah, he got their winning goal. Had his penalty kick saved, but scored on the rebound.

[video=youtube;npoQ9JtS8tw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npoQ9JtS8tw[/video]
Just cringed myself inside out.

[video=youtube;npoQ9JtS8tw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npoQ9JtS8tw[/video]
Just cringed myself inside out.

Hahaha, the good old New player imitation song! Used to hate doing this.:smile: I've heard some right shockers..

Brentford have just sold their main goalkeeper (David Button) to rivals Fulham, meaning that Daniel Bentley will now be handed the number 1 shirt for the forthcoming season.

I hope he proves to us all something that we already know, and shows he can step up & continue his good form into the Championship.

I personally wish him all the best, unless we face him in the cup, in which case, please break an ankle or finger in training just before the match. :smile: especially if it comes down to penalties!!

So much for those saying it wasnt a good move. He is now in pole position at a Championship club.

So it seems Dan is a bit smarter than lots of people on here thought. Shows we don't always know the full situation with any of the moves in and out.

So it seems Dan is a bit smarter than lots of people on here thought. Shows we don't always know the full situation with any of the moves in and out.

To be fair to Dan.... That doesn't take much though!! :smile:

He is on the subs bench tonight in their friendly with Wycombe Wanderers. Perhaps he might make a 2nd half appearance.

Another clean sheet and an important save tonight.

Mobbed by his own players at the end.

Good for Dan! :thumbsup:

Sounds like he's doing well and good luck to him. Hope he gets himself a big move and ends up in the prem. Would be nice to see another English keeper in the prem.

Another clean sheet and an important save tonight.

Mobbed by his own players at the end.

Good for Dan! :thumbsup:
This one?

I predict that Daniel will play for England one day, in over fifty years of watching the Shrimpers I would say he was our best ever keeper and was worth ten points per season to the team.

I think that's a bold statement. I've only watched for half the time you have but in my time I'd probably have him number four (three if we're not counting loanees). Brentford fans are very impressed so far so hopefully he kicks on from here.

I think that's a bold statement. I've only watched for half the time you have but in my time I'd probably have him number four (three if we're not counting loanees). Brentford fans are very impressed so far so hopefully he kicks on from here.

Sammy
Roycey
Flavs
Federici
Bentley

Back