• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daniel Bentley

It's possible but at 27 he needs to establish himself in the PL soon to have any chance. Dean Henderson looks to be the future of the England team and Southgate seems set on sticking with Pickford despite his club form. Even if Pickford does get dropped Johnstone and Pope are still in their 20s and will be ahead of Bentley at the moment.

Im not saying he will be a regular but I reckon he will get a call up and a couple of caps.

Rumored to be joining Southampton.
From what I understand this rumour has come from one of the usual Twitter account that claim to be ‘in the know’. Would be an excellent move if it came off. If he could become their no.1 he would 100% get himself an England call up and in a couple of years sign for Liverpool. :ROFL:

From what I understand this rumour has come from one of the usual Twitter account that claim to be ‘in the know’. Would be an excellent move if it came off. If he could become their no.1 he would 100% get himself an England call up and in a couple of years sign for Liverpool. :ROFL:
Aaaaaand, may help us out ££££

Like in previous seasons,he now finds himself relegated to the bench at struggling Bristol City.He also had spells of sitting there at his previous club Brentford,when our reliable friend Luke Daniels was preferred.
I thought Southampton had chosen the ancient Caballero as there emergency stopgap.

He has been on the bench for the last two matches.
Actually got back on the pitch for the last half-hour yesterday when O’Leary,the younger,first-choice keeper went off injured. It didn’t go well— he conceded 2.

Probably a blessing is disguise for Bristol City. When you drop your first choice goalkeeper and then in the next 8 games fail to get a clean sheet while conceding 20 goals, it is most likely down to poor defending than the goalkeeper.

Probably a blessing is disguise for Bristol City. When you drop your first choice goalkeeper and then in the next 8 games fail to get a clean sheet while conceding 20 goals, it is most likely down to poor defending than the goalkeeper.
It's a very simplistic view of football to assume all goals conceded are the goalkeeper's fault. (It's also simplistic to say that a lack of goals is always the forwards' fault.)

How has it been 6 years already?

Crazy
I thought he’d have been playing for England by now. Still think there is time he is still only 28. A good 10 years left in his career.

Yes.Bristol City’s (younger!) first-choice keeper isn’t fit again yet.
Is that the goalkeeper who was on the bench last weekend?

Judging by Bentley's performance yesterday it seems like their (younger!) first-choice keeper will remain out the team.

Is that the goalkeeper who was on the bench last weekend?

Judging by Bentley's performance yesterday it seems like their (younger!) first-choice keeper will remain out the team.
He’ll definitely remain “out the team “ if he’s injured eg yesterday.

Think he's defo the number one and also has the armband. Just setup a goal against Sheff Utd.

Back