• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Dartford v Southend United, Saturday 31 July @ 15:00

Wasn't there today so can't comment on performance, only going by what a few pals said about the game. Do we look roughly where we should be at this stage in pre-season?

Not a bad performance first half given the very young line up. Stewart looks like a decent prospect to me, very athletic and energetic, nice goal too. Dalby was ok, some nice touches and link ups, very early to judge him on just that performance but I'm optimistic he can have soms positive input into our attacks this season. Rush done well, worked hard and looked quality when on the ball, limited attacking possession and not much goal mouth action. Egbri was decent as we have come to expect. Massive difference when Holmes came on, he is not a big guy but my god he gets up the opposition, battles and pressures and has quality in him to create some goals in the final third. Great addition this season imo. Walsh was ok at times but not enough crosses into the box- not just Walsh to blame. Kargbo- not very impressed.

I don't think it was a pen but its not the first time Seadon has caused problems using his feet rather than hands.

Expecting a very senior team to line up against Brentford Weds. I'm looking forward to Ebsfleet Saturday. Hopefully get to see Arnold or is he ill or injured?

Why are the players not wearing numbers for the pre season friendlies? Are we so skint we cannot afford these or is it because the shop has closed and we don’t have the facilities to do these or something?

Looks cheap and so un-professional not to have numbered shirts and makes it difficult to identify the players too ?

Why are the players not wearing numbers for the pre season friendlies? Are we so skint we cannot afford these or is it because the shop has closed and we don’t have the facilities to do these or something?

Looks cheap and so un-professional not to have numbered shirts and makes it difficult to identify the players too ?
Could be the late switch from hummel?

Or maybe phils gonna cull 10 and wants to save ink...

• Haha
Reactions: fbm

Which makes it harder for scouts as well ?

Enjoyed the game, match was quite even while our youngsters were on. Walsh and Ferguson both looked lively, probably best I've seen Ferguson play to be honest. Walsh is frustrating though, looks lazy at times.

Wasn't too impressed with the triallist at CB, Sayers and Mitchell-Nelson had their work cut out trying to back him up.

Rush and Dalby were industrious. Egbri his usual terrier self. Seaden worries me, his gloves don't seem to stick with the ball at him too much....if Arnold is not going to be ready, then I think we need someone else....wonder if Ted might be worth a shout on a short term deal?!

Good goal from O'Shane Stewart, who I thought had a good game. Soft penalty against us to get the equaliser - can someone please explain how the player who was challenged and received treatment, was allowed to stay on the pitch and take the penalty?

Under the cosh start of the 2nd half, they started better than we did and deservedly went ahead, but then came the substitutions. No doubting that the introduction of Ricky Holmes was the catalyst to make us start ticking - he's a must sign as far as I am concerned.

With Dunn and Murphy soon added in too, we started to push much harder and force mistakes, such as the OG which led to our equaliser.

An enjoyable afternoon, at a great little ground. The Dartford crossing was kind going home too, and the A13 closure was only an "up and over" at Stanford.

I wish we had gone now, doh. We um'd and ah'd about it and decided to swerve, only to find we cant go Wednesday now. Oh well, roll on Norwich.

Enjoyed the game, match was quite even while our youngsters were on. Walsh and Ferguson both looked lively, probably best I've seen Ferguson play to be honest. Walsh is frustrating though, looks lazy at times.

Wasn't too impressed with the triallist at CB, Sayers and Mitchell-Nelson had their work cut out trying to back him up.

Rush and Dalby were industrious. Egbri his usual terrier self. Seaden worries me, his gloves don't seem to stick with the ball at him too much....if Arnold is not going to be ready, then I think we need someone else....wonder if Ted might be worth a shout on a short term deal?!

Good goal from O'Shane Stewart, who I thought had a good game. Soft penalty against us to get the equaliser - can someone please explain how the player who was challenged and received treatment, was allowed to stay on the pitch and take the penalty?

Under the cosh start of the 2nd half, they started better than we did and deservedly went ahead, but then came the substitutions. No doubting that the introduction of Ricky Holmes was the catalyst to make us start ticking - he's a must sign as far as I am concerned.

With Dunn and Murphy soon added in too, we started to push much harder and force mistakes, such as the OG which led to our equaliser.

An enjoyable afternoon, at a great little ground. The Dartford crossing was kind going home too, and the A13 closure was only an "up and over" at Stanford.
Law 5 was amended before the 2019/20 season so the referee now has the authority to allow a penalty-taker to receive an injury assessment and treatment on the field before taking the penalty, if they have been injured leading to one being awarded.

If Arnold is still unavailable in 3 weeks then an emergency loan would be the best and cheapest option.

Not a bad performance first half given the very young line up. Stewart looks like a decent prospect to me, very athletic and energetic, nice goal too. Dalby was ok, some nice touches and link ups, very early to judge him on just that performance but I'm optimistic he can have soms positive input into our attacks this season. Rush done well, worked hard and looked quality when on the ball, limited attacking possession and not much goal mouth action. Egbri was decent as we have come to expect. Massive difference when Holmes came on, he is not a big guy but my god he gets up the opposition, battles and pressures and has quality in him to create some goals in the final third. Great addition this season imo. Walsh was ok at times but not enough crosses into the box- not just Walsh to blame. Kargbo- not very impressed.

I don't think it was a pen but its not the first time Seadon has caused problems using his feet rather than hands.

Expecting a very senior team to line up against Brentford Weds. I'm looking forward to Ebsfleet Saturday. Hopefully get to see Arnold or is he ill or injured?
We may select a more senior team for Brentford, but the as it’s their ‘B’ team, I suspect it will be full of under23 players as was their recent game at Dulwich Hamlet.

Will that be allowed? Not sure of the rules but wouldn’t having Seaden mean we couldWill that be allowed? Not sure of the rules but wouldn’t having Seaden mean we couldn’t
Shame with Seaden, struts about confidently, vocal, decent build although slightly short but his hands ain’t great in fact the u18’s/23’s keeper was far better in the warm up…..everything stuck first time with him.
If Arnold isn’t ready for the 21st then need someone in, don’t need a bad start to season by playing someone that at the moment is off the pace in goal.

Law 5 was amended before the 2019/20 season so the referee now has the authority to allow a penalty-taker to receive an injury assessment and treatment on the field before taking the penalty, if they have been injured leading to one being awarded.
Thanks Rob, I suspect there were many of us there who didn't know that!

And if the player is deemed unfit to continue can a substitution be made before the penalty kick??

I hope Ricky is spending time at The Hall taking corners there as the step up and limited grass ledge at the corners will require certain techniques.
Seemed to manage well enough when he played against us for Barnet, Portsmouth, Northampton, Charlton, Oxford...

But yes, I often wonder if the players ever practice on the actual pitch. It must make a difference.

Back