• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David Beckham retires

David Beckham - England legend?

• Total voters
The guy had absolutely no ego despite being one of the most famous people on the planet. Something that not even some League 2 footballers can claim.

Oh, and Chris Waddle is a Geordie ****.

One of my favourite and possibly most telling quirks about Beckham is his fascination with Lego. When he was at Milan and away from his family, he's alleged to have spent thousands on the stuff, ordering kits to his apartment from the US and he'd spend his downtime assembling them. Obviously it appeals to his OCD that every piece has its particular place and when everything's correct and proper it completes this grand structure, but that's Beckham in a nutshell... The bloke's got vast sums of money, could be out living the most lavish lifestyle without ever denting the reserve of cash he's assembled, and he's much happier sat fiddling about with plastic. That'll attract barbs about him being a bit simple, but I find that far more endearing than buying a £150,000 motor and painting it in camouflage.

One of my favourite and possibly most telling quirks about Beckham is his fascination with Lego. When he was at Milan and away from his family, he's alleged to have spent thousands on the stuff, ordering kits to his apartment from the US and he'd spend his downtime assembling them. Obviously it appeals to his OCD that every piece has its particular place and when everything's correct and proper it completes this grand structure, but that's Beckham in a nutshell... The bloke's got vast sums of money, could be out living the most lavish lifestyle without ever denting the reserve of cash he's assembled, and he's much happier sat fiddling about with plastic. That'll attract barbs about him being a bit simple, but I find that far more endearing than buying a £150,000 motor and painting it in camouflage.

Balotelli (for it is bound to be him, without even opening the link) is brilliant.

A legend yes, and just a good bloke. As Yorkshire Blue said (couldn't rep him), in an age when playing for England seems an inconvenience to a lot of players, he always wore the shirt with pride and never shirked his duty. And as well as all the other stuff that he did, let's not forget that he's probably the greatest striker of a dead ball of all time. Most of my best memories of watching England (there aren't many) involve him. It really does feel like the end of an era with all these people retiring. Makes me feel old. Players like Becks and Owen were my idols when I was a kid. Truly a golden generation, and one that really should've won a major tournament.

Don't like his wife or his tattoos though.

what a t!!t,waddle was never in the same class as beckham,..in fact a german reporter once said(either euro88 or wc 90),.."waddle runs like a duck,but a duck is faster"..sums it up.played with his hair,more than the ball

Waddle was jealous, simple as that.

In my eyes David Beckham is a legend. And having followed him throughout his career I can easily say he is the best player of my football supporting life I have had the pleasure to watch.

He is a legend in every aspect and such a shame he has finally retired. Be interesting to see what the future holds for him. Can't personally see him going into management.

Hell yes. Aside from a rocky start to his England career he's the best England player of his generation, others may have been more talented than him but he always played to his full ability, gave 100% in every game and simply loved playing for his country. Next season is going to seem quite weird with no Beckham, Scholes, Owen, Carragher, Neville, Harper, Petrov, Rob Halsey or Alex Ferguson, seems like an awful lot of retirements this year.

Back