• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not really, Wikipedia player stats are never accurate.

Orient (2011-2015) = 51 goals + 24 assists in 170 games / just over 3:1 ratio
Col U (2010-2011) = 14 goals + 4 assists in 43 games / about 3:1 ratio

Average of 13 goals per season in last 5 seasons in League 1. I'd be pretty happy if he got that figure this season.

There isnt a player we could afford that will come with stats to blow you away.

His stats are decent.

Exactly, do people think we are Man City?? We are Southend united. Lets not forget the underwhelming goalscoring record of Corr before he joined us.

Fair dos. If he gets 1 in every 3 for us for 2 years I will be very happy.

Fair dos. If he gets 1 in every 3 for us for 2 years I will be very happy.

Indeed. It's what he does now that matters. He has a reasonable record so we know he is capable, but we shall see if he can reproduce his best form with us.

I Was talking about wordsworth not mooney don't rate either of them :thumbdown:

All for opinions but opinions like this leave me wondering if you've actually seen them play. They would both be excellent signings for our first season back in this division.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYevB16iclk

Don't know how anyone could watch this video of all his Orient goals and not be impressed. He has an excellent shot, makes good intelligent runs off the ball and seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time (2 qualities that our strikers rarely displayed last season), scores goals with his feet and his head and generally seems to be a good, accurate finisher. He may have only scored 9 goals last season but that was in a relegated side at a club in turmoil behind the scenes, and he spent most of the season on the bench behind Orient's £10k per week strikers. A new start is probably what he needs and IF we give him the service, I'm certain he'll score goals for us.

He played for crawley in league 1 last season and they got relegated just saying :sad:

You didn't bother to read my link at all did you. Here it is again..... :clap:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/128...ting_loanee_Wordsworth_will_be_sorely_missed/

Or perhaps this one is more your taste.....

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Losing...Crawley-Town/story-26435287-detail/story.html

I think Dean Saunders is in a far better position to judge than any of us. And I don't want to cast any aspersions whatsoever but I'm sure I'm not the only one starting to notice similarities with wiggy here. We haven't seen wiggy since promotion but you've been more and more active. Just saying..... :whistling:

Welcome DM.

Run about a bit, score a few goals and generally show some passion for the cause and you'll be fine!

You didn't bother to read my link at all did you. Here it is again..... :clap:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/128...ting_loanee_Wordsworth_will_be_sorely_missed/

Or perhaps this one is more your taste.....

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Losing...Crawley-Town/story-26435287-detail/story.html

I think Dean Saunders is in a far better position to judge than any of us. And I don't want to cast any aspersions whatsoever but I'm sure I'm not the only one starting to notice similarities with wiggy here. We haven't seen wiggy since promotion but you've been more and more active. Just saying..... :whistling:

Wiggy never had comedy down as much as Msrk does.

Very happy to have Mooney onboard.

Looks like a real poacher, and as people have said, seems to have a great knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Won't make goals out of nothing, but they are a rare commodity, so as long as players create chances I'm confident he will stick them away.

It's really good that you are so optimistic so early in the close season, it really bodes well for the season to come. As a matter of interest who would you sign pre-season?
Theo Robinson would be my 1st choice .then some really raw like vessall at Peterborough .we need pace and movment .not playing one up front .

Back