• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When I spoke to [namedrop]Ian Benjamin[\namedrop] about Webby, he told me he ruled with an iron fist, wasn't anyone's friend and the players respected rather than liked him.

If I remember correctly then McDonough says in his book that Webby hardly ever talked to any of the players. Different days, different days.

I always thought Worrall was good in the air for quite a little guy, very springy.

As to reasons why he wasn't in the side, well, alcohol definitely played a part on at least one occasion.

True. Had a few bad games as well, including Swindon away. I think I did mention in the match report thread that Hunt had a blazing row with Worrall when we 2-0 up as for some reason he wouldn't pass.

I think he was out of the side for about 10 games after that. Although he did have an injury at one time and the very next game we signed Hendrie and had our successful little spell with 3 at the back and attacking full backs rather than wingers.

I never read to much into the sanitised press version of a players departure. Everyone always has an excuse when the move on for more money. The day a decent player leaves any club for a pay-cut I might actually listen to their gripes.

I always thought Worrall was good in the air for quite a little guy, very springy.

As to reasons why he wasn't in the side, well, alcohol definitely played a part on at least one occasion.

Please stop continually repeating this slur.

What is the point and what are you achieving?

Am I the only one that thinks DW should be cut a bit of slack after what he has been through.

Considering his circumstances, he generally performed magnificently following his problems.

Time to find a new target.

Am I the only one that thinks DW should be cut a bit of slack after what he has been through.

Considering his circumstances, he generally performed magnificently following his problems.

Was that pun intended.

True. Had a few bad games as well, including Swindon away. I think I did mention in the match report thread that Hunt had a blazing row with Worrall when we 2-0 up as for some reason he wouldn't pass.

I think he was out of the side for about 10 games after that. Although he did have an injury at one time and the very next game we signed Hendrie and had our successful little spell with 3 at the back and attacking full backs rather than wingers.

I never read to much into the sanitised press version of a players departure. Everyone always has an excuse when the move on for more money. The day a decent player leaves any club for a pay-cut I might actually listen to their gripes.

Yeah.

When I look back on the Swindon game and the pathetic defensive tactics that were implemented after we went 2 up I can't help but realise that it was all Worrall's fault that we conceded those 4 goals.

Yeah.

When I look back on the Swindon game and the pathetic defensive tactics that were implemented after we went 2 up I can't help but realise that it was all Worrall's fault that we conceded those 4 goals.

You couldn't have been at the Swindon game otherwise you would know we were going all out for a third goal. In fact Timlin went through for a one-on-one and hit the keepers legs, they broke from the rebound and scored to make it 2-1. If we had of defended properly it would have been 2-0 at half time and game over.

It is not a slur, but the truth. Well known amongst staff.

As for a "target", if you look back then you will find that Worrall has continuously been one of my favoured players and that I have rated him very highly throughout his time with us. I also defended him massively during his troubled periods. As he has now gone though, there is no longer any need for me to cover his tracks.

It is not a slur, but the truth. Well known amongst staff.

As for a "target", if you look back then you will find that Worrall has continuously been one of my favoured players and that I have rated him very highly throughout his time with us. I also defended him massively during his troubled periods. As he has now gone though, there is no longer any need for me to cover his tracks.

Slur: An insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.

Sounds like a slur to me.

You couldn't have been at the Swindon game otherwise you would know we were going all out for a third goal. In fact Timlin went through for a one-on-one and hit the keepers legs, they broke from the rebound and scored to make it 2-1. If we had of defended properly it would have been 2-0 at half time and game over.

You must have been in the bar.

After Swindon scored their first goal the defensive nonsense kicked straight in and was compounded throughout the second half.

Still not sure how you blame this on Worrall rather than Brown but hey.

You must have been in the bar.

After Swindon scored their first goal the defensive nonsense kicked straight in and was compounded throughout the second half.

Still not sure how you blame this on Worrall
rather than Brown but hey.

Possibly kicked in in your agenda but not in reality. They even scored their 3rd on another breakaway, when we let the guy run about 70 yards after we had committed plenty of players forward going for a winner. Sorry that doesn't fit in with the often quoted myth that attack is the best form of defence.

When did I blame Worrall. I said he had a poor game.

David Worral in SouthLondon Press what a ****!

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118753&headline=Millwall new boy David Worrall: I'm a nasty little beep to play against&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Just seen this, what an absolute joke! I think that is disgraceful behaviour from worrall, Slagging off Brown, the size of the club and the fans! sure have your reasons for leaving and maybe some biter feelings but surely condone yourself in a professional manner and don't air them you Bellend! this article has probabyly riled me more than it should have , but us as the fans never did anything untoward Worrall when he was here.

**** him and **** Millwall

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody likes him and he doesn't care.

To be fair, I have to agree with him - sometimes the Hall is like a morgue atmosphere wise, and I can see PB on some bizarre power trip thinking he's working psychological magic. He's a tit and I can't wait to see the back of him.

I've read and re-read the article and I can't really see too much to take offence at, unless your name is Phil Brown. He specifically says "Southend were great fans", and I've certainly experienced times at the Hall when you can hear one fan shouting out - usually a load of negative abuse. (Is there positive abuse?)

Mind you, going to Milwall? B*stard.

What a stupid post, can't see what he has said that is out of order at all. I think he's just confirmed what most people either know or think about Brown, he's a poor man manager and the relationship between him and some of the players is strained to say the least.

The problem is he isn't the sort of character to modify his behaviour, his ego gets in the way, the best managers will tell you they are on a constant learning curve and have to adapt to situations and find solutions to problems, Brown is very one dimensional, his way or the highway, mediocre at best hence why he is managing in the lower leagues.

Nobody likes him and he doesn't care.

To be fair, I have to agree with him - sometimes the Hall is like a morgue atmosphere wise, and I can see PB on some bizarre power trip thinking he's working psychological magic. He's a tit and I can't wait to see the back of him.

He is the tit that got Worrall's career back on track and a handsome pay rise at Millwall.

Last edited:
What a stupid post, can't see what he has said that is out of order at all. I think he's just confirmed what most people either know or think about Brown, he's a poor man manager and the relationship between him and some of the players is strained to say the least.

The problem is he isn't the sort of character to modify his behaviour, his ego gets in the way, the best managers will tell you they are on a constant learning curve and have to adapt to situations and find solutions to problems, Brown is very one dimensional, his way or the highway, mediocre at best hence why he is managing in the lower leagues.

Ideal manager for SUFC then

He is the tit that got Worrall's career back on track and a hansom pay rise at Millwall.
That's a good point but you can't deny Brown does blow hot and cold with the players. One minute he's slating them publicly, the next he's blowing smoke up their ***, no consistency. Not saying he's a bad manager but he has found his level in my opinion.

Ideal manager for SUFC then

That's your opinion, some would disagree.

How fitting that in your unswerving support for the man you have adopted a user name which will be forever associated with seediness, poor interpersonal skills and emphasis on personal failure. :winking:

Back