• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Off to a good start this weekend. Well done the team. I couldn't watch the last two sets of the match yesterday because I took my son to his tennis lesson, and then had one myself straight after, but from what I could see (the match was on in the club house) Murray looked out of it in the fourth set. When my son (who hung around during my lesson) told me he was 5-2 up in the fifth I was extremely surprise.

One gripe I had, however, was with the interview after the match where they said to Andy that Dan Evans would be very relieved. Am I the only one that sees that as a bit of an insult to Dan? How do they know he wasn't relishing the opportunity to play the fifth rubber? The only way he could be relieved is if he didn't think he could win, and by saying that the interviewer (Annabel Croft I believe) obviously didn't think he could.

I agree about Evans - no reason to believe he wouldn't have beaten the Japanese No.2.

I expected Murray to lose after being 2 up. Shows what an absolute beast of a man he is. Next up, Serbia and a certain Novak Djokovic......:nope:

I agree about Evans - no reason to believe he wouldn't have beaten the Japanese No.2.

I expected Murray to lose after being 2 up. Shows what an absolute beast of a man he is. Next up, Serbia and a certain Novak Djokovic......:nope:

Especially as Murray hadn't played for 5 weeks. I seem to remember Murray stating that he may not play the 2nd round match because he wanted to spend time with his baby. That was a) before she was born, and b) before he knew who he would be playing against. I wonder if he will (or has) changed his mind.

As an aside. I managed to watch snippets of the 4th set along with one of the tennis coaches. This guy was pretty much convinced Dan Evans would win because the Japanese no. 2 was (to quote him) "rubbish". He wasn't looking at how easily Murray put him away on Friday, he was looking at his technique...

Back