• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DEADPOOL 2022

Bill Turnbull lost his long and brave battle with prostate cancer yesterday evening aged just 66.
Really sad news, a lovely bloke. I remember when he was still anchoring BBC Breakfast and managed a brave smile (as a Wycombe supporter) and a 'Well done Southend' after the Wembley Play off final against Wycombe. Get on that red sofa in the sky bill.

My mother was Spanish and didn’t speak English very well and at the time my brother in Spain had just broken into the first team and was playing in La liga.
So my mum was a bit mad (ok a lot mad) and took a 11 year old me and somehow we were in Dave Smiths office and she was telling the great man to sign me.
Obviously he didn’t mainly because I was crap but he found time for a mad crazy woman and her Southend supporting son bless him.
RIP

I use to hang around with his son on a Friday night when ten bowling on the pier, was a lovely guy and thought I was weird when asking could I meet his dad 😀
I did have the pleasure and was a nice as I expected , took me to meet players as well and his words still ring with me , when he told them it’s people like me that pay their salary
Don’t think he needed to tell that team, they were special and so glad I was around to see them in a day when football was a sport and managers were ordinary people

Another sudden 'unexplained' death :Think:
Darius Danesh died from an overdose of Chloroethane, According to the Southern Minnesota Regional Medical Examiner’s Office,

Chloroethane it commonly known as ethyl chloride. The chemical is used in petrol additives, plastics, dyes, pharmaceuticals, topical anaesthetics, and as an industrial refrigerant. During the 1980s, Ethyl chloride became popular as an inhalant street drug.

Brief inhalations of the drug can result in dizziness, euphoria, confusion, incoordination, hallucinosis, impairment of short-term memory and narcosis. Inhalation of higher doses may be related to severe depression of the central nervous system – toxicity and deaths have been reported – while it can also damage the liver and kidneys.

Chloroethane is used as a thickening agent and binder in paints, cosmetics, and similar products. Chloroethane has been used as a refrigerant, an aerosol spray propellant, an anesthetic, and a blowing agent for foam packaging. At present though, it is not widely used in any of these roles.

Chloroethane is a recreational inhalant drug. In Brazil, it is a major component of a traditional (though illegal) drug taken during Carnival, known locally as "Lança-perfume"

Victims usually exhibit symptoms similar to those of alcohol intoxication. Breathing its vapors at more than 15% concentration is often fatal.

Darius Danesh died from an overdose of Chloroethane, According to the Southern Minnesota Regional Medical Examiner’s Office,

Chloroethane it commonly known as ethyl chloride. The chemical is used in petrol additives, plastics, dyes, pharmaceuticals, topical anaesthetics, and as an industrial refrigerant. During the 1980s, Ethyl chloride became popular as an inhalant street drug.

Brief inhalations of the drug can result in dizziness, euphoria, confusion, incoordination, hallucinosis, impairment of short-term memory and narcosis. Inhalation of higher doses may be related to severe depression of the central nervous system – toxicity and deaths have been reported – while it can also damage the liver and kidneys.

Chloroethane is used as a thickening agent and binder in paints, cosmetics, and similar products. Chloroethane has been used as a refrigerant, an aerosol spray propellant, an anesthetic, and a blowing agent for foam packaging. At present though, it is not widely used in any of these roles.

Chloroethane is a recreational inhalant drug. In Brazil, it is a major component of a traditional (though illegal) drug taken during Carnival, known locally as "Lança-perfume"

Victims usually exhibit symptoms similar to those of alcohol intoxication. Breathing its vapors at more than 15% concentration is often fatal.
I'm a bit confused, is that suggesting it was deliberate or accidental?

I'm a bit confused, is that suggesting it was deliberate or accidental?
It was ruled an Accidental Death. So in their opinion, it was an accidental overdose. I think they take things and clues into consideration. For example, if he wanted to make sure he killed himself, he would have taken a vast amount that time. They have most definitely concluded by the amount he took, that it was an accident. A lot of drug users have to increase the amount of a particular drug to get the high they want, as their body gets used to it. Sometimes they over do it and it becomes an overdose. Heroin and Cocaine being prime examples.

Back