• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dear RM and Tilly - can we get Freddy Eastwood back to lead our play-off push ?

CC51DAS

President
Chris Coleman knows that Coventry's season is over and they are safe. Freddy Eastwood is not one of his 'key' players and he might be thinking of offloading him at the end of the season . If he scores a few goals between now and then it is a win win for Coventry and us, and of course for Freddy himself.

So how about our beloved owner and manager going after Freddy on loan for the rest of the season with a view to him returning for next year ?

If nothing else it would add interest to our final matches - we still have some 'big' games coming up - and it would surely boost season ticket sales.

Sure you will get panned for another Freddy thread but I kind of said the same thing saturday.

I think Freddy is a bit of a spent force at the moment. His move to Wolves should have been the springboad to better things but really went tits up after a few months.

Coventry is a step down and despite the fact he seems to play most weeks he never seems to score anymore. Everytime I see him on the championship he seems to miss a glaring chance or two.

I personally cant help but think that he could be up for grabs in the summer. I doubt he would come to us in league one but if we got promoted then who knows. Think wages could be an issue that said.

Would love, love, love to have him back, but I suspect you're right on the wages front, DtS.

Is this a petition? or just debate? would be quite interesting if we could start a petition to bring freddy back. I definately can see it at some point in the future (sooner rather than later hopefully). As far as the facts go, we probably won't be able to afford him and him stepping down to league 1 will be a massive factor, but him returning home is also a massive factor. His family are here and this is where he made his name. everyone knows he was so close to returning in last seasons transfer window, what is there to say it won't happen?

Can we also have John Terry, Steve Gerrard, Ronaldo and Torres please!

Come on be realistic, the Freddy Eastwood return is not gonna happen.

If at the beginning of the season I had to guess a thread what will appear this season. This would be it :D would be quality though :)

City fans are also getting frustrated with him and the initial love afair is well and trully over. But have said it before Coleman is playing him behind a front two and thats not his best position. But if he came back here he would struggle and get frustrated at the level of service he would get from our midfield now we have no Gower or Maher to play him through.

Would love, love, love to have him back, but I suspect you're right on the wages front, DtS.

We can do a deal on the wages front - it is only going to save Coventry money.

And how much of a financial gamble will it be ? He is bound to put bums on seats for our last few games and if his goals were to fire us to a Wemberley final , we'd be quids in.

City fans are also getting frustrated with him and the initial love afair is well and trully over. But have said it before Coleman is playing him behind a front two and thats not his best position. But if he came back here he would struggle and get frustrated at the level of service he would get from our midfield now we have no Gower or Maher to play him through.

Dorian's through balls are pretty neat though.

It pains me to say i think Freddy is perhaps playing one division above his capability! League 1 is about his limit i think. However as he is earning very nicely at Coventry i don't see him returning to league 1 soon and when he does it will probably for a relegated team who can pay him the kind of wages he is now accustomed to. We unfortunately will not fall into that category.

When I saw the recent Coventry cup game he looked quite decent in the withdrawn role. But when it comes down to it, he is a striker and not a midfielder. I can't see Coventry letting him go at the end of the season for much less than they paid for him, which we couldn't afford and probably no one else in the division could either.

Cardiff got Chopra back, just as he was banging in a fair few goals for Sunderland. Shows it's possible..

It pains me to say i think Freddy is perhaps playing one division above his capability! League 1 is about his limit i think.

I agree. I thought that he got found out during our spell in the second division and nothing about his career since has convinced me otherwise. I don't want him back. He could not possibly live up to the expectations that would be put on him.

Can we also have John Terry, Steve Gerrard, Ronaldo and Torres please!

Come on be realistic, the Freddy Eastwood return is not gonna happen.

I would rather have Carl Emberson play ahead of those four players. Ronaldo and Torres are soft diving tarts who shouldn't be playing football. Gerrard dont stop windging and Terry to sum him up is a Tw@.

Back to the actual issue. There is no way Eastwood is gonna come back he has played too many games for coventry, yes he hasnt been scoring but he started against Chelski and has started 28 games with 9 sub appearences so he must be offering something.

U never know... Tilly still speaks to him to see how he's getting on... Not sure we could sign him (Wages) but a loan deal ain't out of the window.
Also do we need him???

Back