• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decent Indian in London

Here's the one I mentioned in Whitechapel, called Tayyabs.

Turned out I'd spelled it wrong:
http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Restaurant/Tayyabs/260f/

That's been our choice for the football curry each year and it's absolutely superb. Not your bog standard anglicised curry menu. I even trust them enough to ask them to bring out a selection of food to feed x people and they don't disappoint.

Most of these selections will be of no use though. Australian will probably mean Fulham/Hammersmith/Putney/Chiswick/Southfields I guess. The one I ususally go to is called the Littel Bengal off Fulham Palace Road. The chef used tow rok on the QE2, the staff couldn't be any mroe helpful if they tried and their range of prices really represent the rnage of quality you can buy. Inexplicably they're never busy so you can get in and out in15 minutes if in a rush.

There looks to be at least one or two down Chiswick towards Turnham Green that look decent and reviews suggest are worth checking out but so far I've not made it down there.

This has made me realise how few curries we go out for!

There looks to be at least one or two down Chiswick towards Turnham Green that look decent and reviews suggest are worth checking out but so far I've not made it down there.

Annapurna on the Chiswick High Road, near Turnham Green tube, is very good. Right opposite a gay pub, so the clientele tend to be rather effete.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Back