• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Decision Delayed

Well, its better than I expected. Still not 2nd from bottom which can only be a good thing.
Bit of credit for Ron maybe?

Well, its better than I expected. Still not 2nd from bottom which can only be a good thing.

no. it should never have got to this point.

Oh well, at least we have some certainty now. If we haven't paid the £2.1m by Friday, we will definitely know that the administration hearing will proceed on Monday. This really is the final final ultimatum, taking it to the wire, squeaky bum time etc. etc.

Gordon bennett. Not sure how much more of this I can take!!

:thump:

The debt still hasn't been paid yet and going by Ron's previous record on misleading statements, there is no guarantee that it will be.

Oh well, at least we have some certainty now. If we haven't paid the £2.1m by Friday, we will definitely know that the administration hearing will proceed on Monday. This really is the final final ultimatum, taking it to the wire, squeaky bum time etc. etc.

Steak meal and some fine wine will sort you

I must say i hope it's more than Sinsburys as if it is we are going to be constantly playing catch up. However if it is it actually vindicates much of what Ron has been saying about timing and the whole plan getting out of kilter due to the recession.

Just out of curiosity, is there any possible chance of them winding us up, if we don't come up with the reddies come monday morning?

Presumably the club have presented evidence of this payment otherwise why would the judge postpone?

Just back from the court, this is my take, the prosecutor was chatting at length with Ron Martin and the legal team 5 mins b4 the hearing. Then when Southend's case was called, the prosecutor said that Southend had the finance to pay the 2.1m in place. This would be paid in full 2.1m on Friday. This money could come from a number of sources. Ron didnt look too stressed and there were smiles and hand shakes all round out side of the court. Things could of gone a lot worse. But from the way the tax man looked he must of seen evidence of Southend making this payment or he would of pushed ahead with the winding up order.

Who knows what is going to happen between now and Friday? It's all so uncertain. I don't think RM is going to pull £2.1m out of his arse - or a bank for that matter. So I do think we're going to see some sort of interesting development.

Just back from the court, this is my take, the prosecutor was chatting at length with Ron Martin and the legal team 5 mins b4 the hearing. Then when Southend's case was called, the prosecutor said that Southend had the finance to pay the 2.1m in place. This would be paid in full 2.1mon Friday. This money could come from a number of sources. Ron didnt look too stressed and there were smiles and hand shakes all round out side of the court. Things could of gone a lot worse. But from the way the tax man looked he must of seen evidence of Southend making this payment or he would of pushed ahead with the winding up order.

Good report Rusty thanks. I am more and more confused but cant help but think the HMRC must be satsified with the moneys likely hood to be paid.

Just back from the court, this is my take, the prosecutor was chatting at length with Ron Martin and the legal team 5 mins b4 the hearing. Then when Southend's case was called, the prosecutor said that Southend had the finance to pay the 2.1m in place. This would be paid in full 2.1m on Friday. This money could come from a number of sources. Ron didnt look too stressed and there were smiles and hand shakes all round out side of the court. Things could of gone a lot worse. But from the way the tax man looked he must of seen evidence of Southend making this payment or he would of pushed ahead with the winding up order.

cheers Rusty- sounds like good news

My source told me that Ron surprised the judge and did a beautiful acapella version of the Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes classic 'Don't Leave Me This Way'. The judge, being a big fan of Philly soul, was so moved that he adjourned the case. Ron was last seen leaving court reminding Paul Brush to lend him 'that Teddy Pendergrass CD' and to 'put it in my pigeonhole by the end of the week'.

surely though if we didnt demonstrate ability to pay today it wouldnt have been adjourned and we would be in administration now.

Why would they play hardball one week, then just give us an extra week.

It looks to me like theres a solution. Most likely Ron has got the cash flowing via Sainsburies.

I personally feel a lot better after this, but will await full statement.

I personally think that Ron showed the prosecutor that moody picture of himself at which point, the prosecutor became very excited and forgot all about putting us into administration!

Who knows what is going to happen between now and Friday? It's all so uncertain. I don't think RM is going to pull £2.1m out of his arse - or a bank for that matter. So I do think we're going to see some sort of interesting development.

From Rusty's summation I think Ron has managed to pull the money out of somewhere. Not his arse, but somewhere.

Well that clearly indicates some sort of takeover to me. Or perhaps Sainsbury's have stumped up. Either way no bank in the world would loan that sort of money.

I can assure you banks do regularly lend that sort of money. Whether RM and his associated companies had the collateral necessary is another matter.

One thing is certain--supporting SUFC is never BORING! We wouldn't want it any other way, would we??.......

Back