• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dervite

M@CC@ 16

First XI
Anyone else starting to think we could get him on a permenant transfer, even if we don't get promoted this season.
If not a permenant hopefully he will want to come back on loan next season, for more experience and then this time get a clause like if we go up we'll give Spurs X amount for him.

Was talking about it today and saying he ain't exactly gonna get in the tottenham first team soon, with King, Dawson and a couple of other weirdo's, woodgate.

I'm guessing he likes it here enough, not really heard anything about his happiness though.

Cause super sawyer and harding both liked it here and would have stayed longer but their clubs wanted them back. Said we should have done this from the start with dervite, but now is even more of a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is highly rated at Spurs. Clive Allen always comes down when Spurs' reserves are not playing, to watch him play. They may decide they want to do what Chelsea did with Sawyer and send him on loan to a championship side next season to see if he can hack it there

Last edited:
think he maybe much like sawyer out of our league. a quality centre back and think he will get a good loan to a championship club next season. with king and woodgate considerably injury prone at spurs, i definately think dervite is one for the future there!

Think Dervitte has enjoyed it here but realistically he isnt going to want to stay here permanently. All players ave ambition and he will want to try and get into Spurs' first team, or maybe a move to a champ club.

Easily the best centre back we have had at Southend in the past 10 years. A pleasure to watch and only young - he has so much going for him - hight, aerial ability, an athelete, excellent passing ability, vision, ball skills and most of all he's a pretty excellent defender!

Sadly, I think there's little, if any, chance of signing him. If he isn't knocking on Spurs' first team soonish, he'll be off to a solid Championship club.

Very glad to have him on board for now though! (Would love to sign him perm though!)

Realistically I dont think we've got a snowballs chance in hell in signing him permanently.

Can someone remind me how long we do have him on loan for though as he is absolute quality.

Anyone else starting to think we could get him on a permenant transfer, even if we don't get promoted this season.
If not a permenant hopefully he will want to come back on loan next season, for more experience and then this time get a clause like if we go up we'll give the yids X amount for him.

Was talking about it today and saying he ain't exactly gonna get in the tottenham first team soon, with King, Dawson and a couple of other weirdo's, woodgate.

I'm guessing he likes it here enough, not really heard anything about his happiness though.

Cause super sawyer and harding both liked it here and would have stayed longer but their clubs wanted them back. Said we should have done this from the start with dervite, but now is even more of a possibility.

listen you need to get used to the fact that regardless of what seaosn it is, there is no money, if we can be as succseful as we have been over the last few years in gate receipts, cup runs, transfer markets and TV pay offs and there is still no money what chance do you really think we will have in signing anyone for a loooooooooong long time, if you like him, then make sure you get to see alot of him between now until the end of the year because we have NO CHANCE

listen you need to get used to the fact that regardless of what seaosn it is, there is no money, if we can be as succseful as we have been over the last few years in gate receipts, cup runs, transfer markets and TV pay offs and there is still no money what chance do you really think we will have in signing anyone for a loooooooooong long time, if you like him, then make sure you get to see alot of him between now until the end of the year because we have NO CHANCE

Cockles, ever the voice of the optimist:D

We are winning, it must be a fun time for him while he's here and there is a french connection with others and that's about it. Is this enough for him to leave his homeland?
Guess we'll find out in the summer. Never say never in football but i doubt it.

The guy brilliant. I bet Herefords little pacey striker (Brandy?) was looking forward to giving a typical league 1 big bloke the run around. Unfortunatly for him he wasn't against some mediocre league one centre half and had to try and get round Dorian, who won everything and outclassed him on pretty much every occasion. Hopefully we can get him on loan again next season. He's a class act. Don't think I have seen him lose a header yet...

The guy brilliant. I bet Herefords little pacey striker (Brandy?) was looking forward to giving a typical league 1 big bloke the run around. Unfortunatly for him he wasn't against some mediocre league one centre half and had to try and get round Dorian, who won everything and outclassed him on pretty much every occasion. Hopefully we can get him on loan again next season. He's a class act. Don't think I have seen him lose a header yet...

Yeah he's micah richards on football manager, at this level anyway. Dominant. Has made mildenhall, clarke barrett look better. Can't hurt to try and get him next season, i personally think he would come back, especially when we in the championship.

I know his father a little bit and talked to him recently, and can tell you that Dorian has been enjoying the team (even if he thinks he hs stil to improve and... score) and also the very good support of the fans. He was asked for loan by several teams including a good french one and I heard Hoffenheim had some contacts , but he specifically asked to stay in UK for a challenge and since Clive Allen seems to like him and has good relations with the club, he arranged the deal. Whatever happen, DD is a very nice and easy guy to discuss with (he gave me a Spurs shirt) and I hope that wont change!.

Would love to see him here permanently but it won't happen. He is very highly rated at Spurs and doubt they would let him go. I think we might stand a chance with Sawyer and HRK as their contracts are up and they may be happy playing League 1 football week in week out. Dervite could play at a much higher level and will one day play for a good Premiership team and wouldn't be surprised to see him play Champions League football, definitely one of the best defenders I have ever seen at Southend

Last edited:

DD is quality and our run of 8 wins in 10 coincides with his arrival, we've kept so many more clean sheets...as has been said he just oozes class.

At Hereford though the one time Brandy did skin him Dorian did pull him back, was a tad lucky to not get sent off I thought...other than that he had a great game...

While I think we have absolutely not a cat-in-hell's chance of landing Dorian permanently (sadly) I reckon we may go back in for the likes of Sawyer and HRK this summer and quite possibly get them on permanent deals as their contracts are up. Think Sawyer's unsuccessful loan in the Championship may well work in our favour whilst HRK also seemed to like it here, if Swindon go down I can't see him signing for them on a permanent basis. On another note I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us nab Harding either, also out of contract and continually stated he would have loved to stay longer. He must realise he'll have to take a pay cut somewhere as no club will pay him what he's on at Ipswich when he's not playing regularly in the Championship.

Apparently two vitally important refereeing decisions went our way on Saturday. Most people have discussed the merits of the penalty and certainly two points less would have made our faint chances of a play-off place even fainter. Yet surely the decision not to send off Dervite was even more important, as being without him for three matches, would make our play-off hopes mission impossible.
On that theme, does anyone know how many yellows he has picked up? Surely, the horror scenario would be us battling incredibly through to a play-off place....... .............only to face Peterborough, or the like, with Dervite on a one match suspension.
Not really relevant to this thread but loved Tilly's post-match interview at Hereford! You can just see how more relaxed he is compared with a month or so ago.
Lovely bit when the interviewer told him that we've only got to repeat eight wins in ten to get to the play-offs..........you could feel Tilly checking himself before replying that we've only got nine matches left! Then talking about injuries, Tilly was saying that we are down to the bare.....................and stopped himself from repeating the expected 'bones', replacing it with 'bare sixteen'. Priceless!!!

I know his father a little bit and talked to him recently, and can tell you that Dorian has been enjoying the team (even if he thinks he hs stil to improve and... score) and also the very good support of the fans. He was asked for loan by several teams including a good french one and I heard Hoffenheim had some contacts , but he specifically asked to stay in UK for a challenge and since Clive Allen seems to like him and has good relations with the club, he arranged the deal. Whatever happen, DD is a very nice and easy guy to discuss with (he gave me a Spurs shirt) and I hope that wont change!.

Thanks, guynaisse - interesting insight. Tomorrow night would be a great time for him to open his account. :)

Back