• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Barry Corr would have been our 20 plus goal man sooner rather than later if he makes the 20 a season by the end of this season if he had the help of Piggot earlier .Because it seemes the help of him has kick start his season in the goal scoring charts .Since Piggots arrival he has baged allmost a goal a game .

Piggot gets through an incredible amount of work and in my playing days loved playing all side players like him. Doesn't shine but does so much work so players Corr don't !! A great foil in my opinion

If you had asked me at the beginning of the season I would have said that the experience and record of Barnard alongside Corr would be a good combination - not some youngster learning his trade.

It's a funny old game.:winking:

We should have been playing 2 up top all season, I don't think many would argue with that. Corr is only prolific when he has a partner alongside.

I think it's important to point out the work Jake Cassidy was doing when he was in the side too, he may not have scored but I do believe he was a big reason that Pigott was scoring goals. He certainly played his part. Corr and Pigott are rightly our first choice but it deserved a mention IMHO.

In 2010/11 he netted 21 goals for us from 47 appearances in all competitions. Sadly I don't think he is able to play that many games in a season any more.

Pigott was scoring because Cassidy was doing the 'donkey work', now Pigott is doing the 'donkey work' to allow Corr to blossom.
I said it on another thread, Corr blossomed when Blair Sturrock did all the donkey work and allowed Corr to get into the box. It's funny because you look at Corr and automatically assume he is just a big number nine type but all his career he has always scored goals as a fox in the box type of player, when does he ever score outside the box. When he played at the beginning of the season up top on his own he was always OUTSIDE the box, the extra striker allows him to get in the box and do what he does best.

Whether it is as simple as saying if he played at the beginning of the season in a two he would be in the 20's i don't know. When I have heard Brown talk as a pundit he always says you can only play in the style your players are capable of. Maybe he didn't feel the strikers we had at the beginning of the season were good enough to play up top with Corr, Pigott came in and changed that.

Last edited:
In 2010/11 he netted 21 goals for us from 47 appearances in all competitions. Sadly I don't think he is able to play that many games in a season any more.

If Corr is not able to play that many games any more, with another game on Monday, why was it Pigott who was taken off with us 2-0 and cruising and not BBBC?

If Corr is not able to play that many games any more, with another game on Monday, why was it Pigott who was taken off with us 2-0 and cruising and not BBBC?
I agree he should have done but PB has now taken Pigott off in the last 2 home games. Maybe the Tinkerman thinks Cassidy is a more like-for-like replacement.

Pigott was scoring because Cassidy was doing the 'donkey work', now Pigott is doing the 'donkey work' to allow Corr to blossom.
I said it on another thread, Corr blossomed when Blair Sturrock did all the donkey work and allowed Corr to get into the box. It's funny because you look at Corr and automatically assume he is just a big number nine type but all his career he has always scored goals as a FOX IN THE BOX TYPE OF PLAYER, when does he ever score outside the box. When he played at the beginning of the season up top on his own he was always OUTSIDE the box, the extra striker allows him to get in the box and do what he does best.

Whether it is as simple as saying if he played at the beginning of the season in a two he would be in the 20's i don't know. When I have heard Brown talk as a pundit he always says you can only play in the style your players are capable of. Maybe he didn't feel the strikers we had at the beginning of the season was good enough to play up top with Corr, Pigott came in and changed that.
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::'(:'(:'(:'(:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

Is it actually possible to get in two strikers who can both score goals in the same team. Reminds me of the old donut Roy days, all this I set them up but don't score them twaddle.

Back