• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

Betting there is legal reasons
You mean its being held up in BBC or ITV legal departments before it can be aired.

I sense another Batgirl type cancellation where the documentary is made in full, with snippets released (already seen 3 released via Facebook) but then just cancelled and disappeared into thin air

I’m not criticising anything being done. Personally hats off the doc makers. It does show that estimates are exactly that, and sometimes a fair wind does not follow. I would never support Ron, but delivery can sometimes be tougher than it would appear

I find it ironic the ones that mock it appear to be the most desperate to see it!

Mate. This has been sold as a documentary to shine a light on Southend and be the fans voice.

The same fans at their wits end after the last 3 or 4 years.

This quote says:

The documentary is not a RM bashing job. RM is not the focus of the documentary. The focus is the fans, the community and what the club means to people.

In the documentary, we cover the fact RM is the chairman, has kept the club alive, has invested money, has supported managers and done many positive things fans have supported. We also cover the fact we’ve had embargo’s, winding up orders, protests etc.

We've all read posts on here (that are still up, I've just checked) that state:

The documentary is being funded by a sports media company. A cursory search on the Web means it's easy to work out who they are, yet cant see anything from them announcing it.

The Carl interview will be shared over the weekend (several weeks ago now)

Radio and TV spots coming out next week (several weeks ago)

The documentary is uploading now and will be shared very soon (weeks ago)

The documentary will be premiered at the Blue boar soon (has it been?)

Days not weeks or months (literally weeks ago)

I'm not knocking the ambition or desire to do it. But several other people who aren't even fans of the club have uploaded shortform content about Southend United in recent weeks (without announcing things several times and not delivering)

I know you are in the doc Scott, so you wil defend it. I'll leave you with the following

Days. Not weeks or months.

Sounds like someone we know doesn't it?

1677266150389.png

Mate. This has been sold as a documentary to shine a light on Southend and be the fans voice.

The same fans at their wits end after the last 3 or 4 years.

This quote says:

We've all read posts on here (that are still up, I've just checked) that state:

The documentary is being funded by a sports media company. A cursory search on the Web means it's easy to work out who they are, yet cant see anything from them announcing it.

The Carl interview will be shared over the weekend (several weeks ago now)

Radio and TV spots coming out next week (several weeks ago)

The documentary is uploading now and will be shared very soon (weeks ago)

The documentary will be premiered at the Blue boar soon (has it been?)

Days not weeks or months (literally weeks ago)

I'm not knocking the ambition or desire to do it. But several other people who aren't even fans of the club have uploaded shortform content about Southend United in recent weeks (without announcing things several times and not delivering)

I know you are in the doc Scott, so you wil defend it. I'll leave you with the following

Days. Not weeks or months.

Sounds like someone we know doesn't it?

View attachment 25082
Be honest with you, I’m not defending the documentary at all, my point was alluding to why so much grandeur and importance has been given to it by some.

Without wishing to knock @CRATE (who personally I have known for what must be 20 odd years because of SUFC for clarity) it’s just a video documentary with a few interviews with fans that were asked some questions on camera at its very core.

From what I know nothing on there at this point is anything new that has not already been debated or been in the news.
As you said that’s not to knock any ambition or the efforts in recent times from @CRATE who himself has gone above and beyond at his own expense to support fan movement and ask questions of the club.

Having said that some of the comments on here sound like those of film investors who are waiting for release to make a return.

I have no idea what the delay has been, could be anything, I just fail to see why anybody gives a such a **** when it’s coming out, setbacks happen and that’s down to Crate to explain, but each to their own mate.

Last edited:
I do not think your assessment of Stan Collymore is fair or balanced. None of us are perfect.

What is beyond dispute is that Stan has made a very significant contribution to improved performances on the pitch by Southend during the last 12 months. He played a key role in forcing the Chairman to end Phil Brown's disastrous second spell as manager; helped to bring in a highly respected CEO, Tom Lawrence, to the club; recognised the strategic importance of setting up a sound organisational structure - something the club lacked - and this generated the currently very successful management team of Kevin Maher, Darren Currie and Mark Bentley. In addition, and not unrelated, Stan recognised that the club had a poor record in player recruitment and worked hard to eliminate this long-term problem. Amongst other things, John Still has joined the club and the scouting network has significantly expanded. This change has already generated impressive results. The fact that Southend received four bids for players in January is testament to this. And Stan's role in player recruitment cannot be underestimated. Harry Cardwell is just one example of a player at Chorley whose potential was recognised and who is now doing great things for Southend.

As a supporter of a club that has been on the slide for many years it is easy to be critical, but such criticism must be balanced by a candid recognition of the things that have significantly improved since Stan got involved in the Football Department of the club. One thing is clear. Southend would be in a much worse situation if Stan had not intervened as Southend staggered to one defeat after another during Phil Brown's second spell as manager.
Just for clarity Ron Martin brought Tom Lawrence to the club, Stan had his own pick of which Ron did not want, Stan then fell into line and backed Tom on closer inspection

Just for clarity Ron Martin brought Tom Lawrence to the club, Stan had his own pick of which Ron did not want, Stan then fell into line and backed Tom on closer inspection

I have heard something incredibly similar. TL was never a stranger to Ron.

Whoever brought him here, let’s just be glad he’s here. Without him, we’d be ****ed

Scott, thanks for bringing this to my attention mate. We're tied in a legal knot, which we thought we was out of. But sadly are not. The first 43 minutes has been uploaded and hosted on one of the biggest content publishers in the UK (Lad Bible Group) and can be released, as soon as we know I am not going to be sued.

To confirm, we've done more interviews with ex players, ex club employees in the past couple of weeks. We also have a film crew going to the court on the day. I would of liked it out a lot quicker. But I also don't want to be sued.

Over 300 working hours, have gone into where we are up to with it currently. Sadly, it become a much bigger job than I expected. The small clips released will continue to come, I have about 30 of them, which you're welcome to watch and clip together parts of the documentary.

But with the adjournment at court there has been a lot more to cover.

So who has threating you or your film company? (I know you can not answer that)

Have you had to cut loads of stuff out that is relevant that they have objected to and cut it from the finished edited film?

So the “club” asked to see it beforehand - saw it, and decided it contained plenty of libellous “opinions”. Game over.

I won’t pretend I’ve read all 30 pages of this thread but surely if it’s just a documentary stating what’s happening to the club and there is nothing fictional in there then they can’t sue you for lying about anything. Obviously if you are accusing RM of any sort of fraud or something similar then that’s a different matter.

I have heard something incredibly similar. TL was never a stranger to Ron.

Whoever brought him here, let’s just be glad he’s here. Without him, we’d be ****ed
Was Jez Moxey Stan’s pick?

Scott, thanks for bringing this to my attention mate. We're tied in a legal knot, which we thought we was out of. But sadly are not. The first 43 minutes has been uploaded and hosted on one of the biggest content publishers in the UK (Lad Bible Group) and can be released, as soon as we know I am not going to be sued.

To confirm, we've done more interviews with ex players, ex club employees in the past couple of weeks. We also have a film crew going to the court on the day. I would of liked it out a lot quicker. But I also don't want to be sued.

Over 300 working hours, have gone into where we are up to with it currently. Sadly, it become a much bigger job than I expected. The small clips released will continue to come, I have about 30 of them, which you're welcome to watch and clip together parts of the documentary.

But with the adjournment at court there has been a lot more to cover.

Sadest part of this is that one individual feels like he is bigger than the club. The club being the thousands of people who live and breathe Southend United and put money in this clubs pocket!

Thanks, TrueBlue. My understanding - which might be incorrect - is that Stan strongly recommended and played a key part in setting up a meeting between TL and RM, but TL had already independently expressed an interest in taking on the CEO position at Southend.

I won’t pretend I’ve read all 30 pages of this thread but surely if it’s just a documentary stating what’s happening to the club and there is nothing fictional in there then they can’t sue you for lying about anything. Obviously if you are accusing RM of any sort of fraud or something similar then that’s a different matter.
We would be suing RM for the murder of our club and destroyed our mental health too!! On 1st of march!

Back