• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

I’m just worried that super Kev and team have finally had enough after tonight’s further news about owed money which will keep us in an embargo … I reckon Kev is close
He will probably see it out until the end of the season. After he be gone in my opinion.

I don't think so. He's old school and he really loves this club. He came in knowing what he was letting himself in for. He knew there would be periods of non payment of staff, and embargos.
I doubt he thought it would be this bad though.... he may love the club but I'm sure he would love opportunity to manage a club with resources behind them. At Southend he literally got his hands tied behind his back. He sounded pretty dejected last night.

I really think it depends on the situation with the stadium come the summer, if it starts and there is a clear view of funds being brought in and we become a bit more sustainable, then I'm sure he will stay. However, either way I think there will be sit down talks, Kev is ambitious, but he can be ambitious elsewhere too.

Mate. This has been sold as a documentary to shine a light on Southend and be the fans voice.

The same fans at their wits end after the last 3 or 4 years.

This quote says:

We've all read posts on here (that are still up, I've just checked) that state:

The documentary is being funded by a sports media company. A cursory search on the Web means it's easy to work out who they are, yet cant see anything from them announcing it.

The Carl interview will be shared over the weekend (several weeks ago now)

Radio and TV spots coming out next week (several weeks ago)

The documentary is uploading now and will be shared very soon (weeks ago)

The documentary will be premiered at the Blue boar soon (has it been?)

Days not weeks or months (literally weeks ago)

I'm not knocking the ambition or desire to do it. But several other people who aren't even fans of the club have uploaded shortform content about Southend United in recent weeks (without announcing things several times and not delivering)

I know you are in the doc Scott, so you wil defend it. I'll leave you with the following

Days. Not weeks or months.

Sounds like someone we know doesn't it?

View attachment 25082
Yeah it’s all very odd

I doubt he thought it would be this bad though.... he may love the club but I'm sure he would love opportunity to manage a club with resources behind them. At Southend he literally got his hands tied behind his back. He sounded pretty dejected last night.
before coming in as manager he was in regular contact with people who had been at the club for quite a while and was very aware of the ongoing repetitive problems. I doubt he is surprised by it. But, working under such restrictive, destructive conditions day after day would wear anyone down. From the poor quality of the training ground and football pitch and stadium to the non payment of wages , loss of a key player.
You know when it's a good day....there's hot water for a shower! I
For years the club has relied on the goodwill of its employees and the fact they are fans and go above and beyond in their work for the club. When you insult that ethic by not paying your wages, you get what's deserved. The old kit guy used to do loads of extra work and favours for the club and players so the players voluntarily boosted his money with extra each week out of their own pockets. Obviously we lost him along with all he did. With the recent treatment of everyone all those types of goodwill arrangements get lost and people do bare minimums and the mood changes.
We are still blessed with staff who have seen southend through good and bad. It's about time they were respected more and paid properly for the goodwill theyve show the club. We've lost too many already.

before coming in as manager he was in regular contact with people who had been at the club for quite a while and was very aware of the ongoing repetitive problems. I doubt he is surprised by it. But, working under such restrictive, destructive conditions day after day would wear anyone down. From the poor quality of the training ground and football pitch and stadium to the non payment of wages , loss of a key player.
You know when it's a good day....there's hot water for a shower! I
For years the club has relied on the goodwill of its employees and the fact they are fans and go above and beyond in their work for the club. When you insult that ethic by not paying your wages, you get what's deserved. The old kit guy used to do loads of extra work and favours for the club and players so the players voluntarily boosted his money with extra each week out of their own pockets. Obviously we lost him along with all he did. With the recent treatment of everyone all those types of goodwill arrangements get lost and people do bare minimums and the mood changes.
We are still blessed with staff who have seen southend through good and bad. It's about time they were respected more and paid properly for the goodwill theyve show the club. We've lost too many already.
Very well said

In The Know "For years the club has relied on the goodwill of its employees and the fact they are fans and go above and beyond in their work for the club. When you insult that ethic by not paying your wages, you get what's deserved. The old kit guy used to do loads of extra work and favours for the club and players so the players voluntarily boosted his money with extra each week out of their own pockets"

That is such a wonderful thing to read about.....When did it happen and for how long?

No. It's not dead in the water. We've got a 40 minute + EP done. But it's a ever changing matter.

We've been fully updating and filming content (including protests), updates as and when they've been happening, interviewed people who made approaches to numerous people in the club in the past 12 months.

We've got over 28 hours of filming (we have done) and nearly 3 hours supplied to us by a third party agency.

We're still in a legal argument (due to a recorded phone call) which is hopefully coming to an end in the next week or so.

No. It's not dead in the water. We've got a 40 minute + EP done. But it's a ever changing matter.

We've been fully updating and filming content (including protests), updates as and when they've been happening, interviewed people who made approaches to numerous people in the club in the past 12 months.

We've got over 28 hours of filming (we have done) and nearly 3 hours supplied to us by a third party agency.

We're still in a legal argument (due to a recorded phone call) which is hopefully coming to an end in the next week or so.
Can't you get an actor to voice the phone call like UK news channels had to do with Gerry Adams?

Last edited:
Back