• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does Anyone on Here Happen to Work for Network Rail?

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
If you do, can you tell me what this is? I see them on the side of the railway line, but have no idea what they are. The picture isn't very clear, but they're made of wood and painted yellow. The one in the picture has the number 15 on it, but they go up in quarters, so you have 14, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and then 15 etc etc.

What are they counting?

IMAG0048.jpg

If you do, can you tell me what this is? I see them on the side of the railway line, but have no idea what they are. The picture isn't very clear, but they're made of wood and painted yellow. The one in the picture has the number 15 on it, but they go up in quarters, so you have 14, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and then 15 etc etc.

What are they counting?View attachment 3354

The number of people who take blurry images whilst travelling on a train ?

Ah ha, I'm off today, so doing something useful :smile:

Mileposts matey. 15 miles from London I'd imagine.

Which is what I suspected. It does, however, beg the question, who cares?

Plenty of people who work on the railway. You need to be sure of a location for assets, isolations, possessions, breakdowns....you can't just say I want to work on a bit of line near London, you give the miles & yards from at too.

Plenty of people who work on the railway. You need to be sure of a location for assets, isolations, possessions, breakdowns....you can't just say I want to work on a bit of line near London, you give the miles & yards from at too.

Fair enough...

Back