• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does RM really put £100k a month into SUFC ?

• I believe RM does put £100k a month of his own money into keeping SUFC afloat every month

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I believe RM does put £100k into keeping SUFC afloat every month via his other companies

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • I believe £100k a month does come into the club via RM's web of companies but on paper only

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • I don't believe he puts £100k a month in end of

Votes: 56 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Does RM actually put £100k (approx) a month into SUFC ?

Be interesting to see peoples views on this

If you have ever set up a poll you would know you have to submit before you can then add the options, give me a break i'm typing as fast as I can :smile:

Can we have another poll answer?

I suggest:

"None of us really know the truth about the clubs finances as we are not privy to the information therefore we just continue to support our club in the best way we can. Therefore asking questions that hardly anyone knows the true answers to is pointless and only serves to be the catalyst of a continual and circular debate, which in-turn divides supporters when in fact we should all be united for one cause - To support and help drive success of the club we all love, the club that is Southend United".

Can we have another poll answer?

I suggest:

"None of us really know the truth about the clubs finances as we are not privy to the information therefore we just continue to support our club in the best way we can. Therefore asking questions that hardly anyone knows the true answers to is pointless and only serves to be the catalyst of a continual and circular debate, which in-turn divides supporters when in fact we should all be united for one cause - To support and help drive success of the club we all love, the club that is Southend United".

We are privy though, Ron Martin has on numerous occasions told us, plus the accounts are available.

We were losing 100k at one point, but last I remember hearing the figure was around 60k.

And no Ron doesn't normally put his own money it, it will have been his company's money, and then Sainsbury. However that still has an effect on him as those companies are his, although his personal exposure no doubt limited.

Can we have another option "I'm only throwing my toys out of the pram because his evil business empire is on the front of the shirt. If we were promoted in May I wouldn't give two ***** about how much he puts in"?

Can we have another option "I'm only throwing my toys out of the pram because his evil business empire is on the front of the shirt. If we were promoted in May I wouldn't give two ***** about how much he puts in"?
Only if I can add "i'm so deluded I can't see what the problem is with the way the club is run and would have RM's babies if it were possible"

Smoke and mirrors re Martin Dawn,et al RM.The sooner he leaves the club ,the better.We are in more debt than when Uncle Vic revoked the club.

Smoke and mirrors re Martin Dawn,et al RM.The sooner he leaves the club ,the better.We are in more debt than when Uncle Vic revoked the club.

The debt shouldn't be used as a yardstick as we are (supposedly) mid-development. When the stadium is completed and the money made from the project is realised it may paint a far different picture. Or it might be much worse with a 3 sided stadium :smile:

The stadium project was first muted by Martin Dawn in 1999. What has happened since ?

The 100k a month was from several years ago but I can easily believe that SUFC, like most football clubs, is still running at a loss.

I can also easily believe that no outside entity would lend money to SUFC.

If those easily believable scenarios are true then any shortfall would have to be met from somewhere, the most likely source being loans from Ron's other companies.

The debt shouldn't be used as a yardstick as we are (supposedly) mid-development. When the stadium is completed and the money made from the project is realised it may paint a far different picture. Or it might be much worse with a 3 sided stadium :smile:
We will only be tenants at Ronnie World, I still fail to see how if we can't keep our heads above water with our generous benefactor pumping money in constantly :whistling: how we will afford the rent on FF, even if the club will own and run all the associated spin offs like catering, club shop (though we don't at present) we would need big crowds week in week out so forgive me for being pessimistic but without a Cowling type figure all I can see is we move to a shiny new stadium and continue to struggle.

The 100k a month was from several years ago but I can easily believe that SUFC, like most football clubs, is still running at a loss.

I can also easily believe that no outside entity would lend money to SUFC.

If those easily believable scenarios are true then any shortfall would have to be met from somewhere, the most likely source being loans from Ron's other companies.
The companies who appear to have no cash ? Yet to see one that can afford to prop us up if the accounts filed are anything to go by. If I were RM and was really injecting all these funds into SUFC and knowing the level of mistrust and in a lot of cases hatred towards me I would at least be making a statement outlining how I was managing to do this.

I wonder if the people who say it's none of our business will change their tune if it all comes crashing down which seems the most likely scenario at the moment.

The stadium project was first muted by Martin Dawn in 1999. What has happened since ?

To be fair these things always take time and plans weren't submitted until long after then and not agreed until 2008 which is the year we should be counting from, which is still plenty!

We will only be tenants at Ronnie World, I still fail to see how if we can't keep our heads above water with our generous benefactor pumping money in constantly :whistling: how we will afford the rent on FF, even if the club will own and run all the associated spin offs like catering, club shop (though we don't at present) we would need big crowds week in week out so forgive me for being pessimistic but without a Cowling type figure all I can see is we move to a shiny new stadium and continue to struggle.

We struggle at Roots Hall and are only tenants there too, surely better to be somewhere where there are more income streams, however they may or may not benefit us.

I have severe doubts as to whether we will ever have a new stadium.

Yeah thats the problem...

Even if we get surprised andit does get started to actually get completed seems even more unlikely.

Sainsbury have kept us afloat for the last few seasons, simple as that.

Ron is unlikely to have put any of his own money in, as I sincerely doubt he is in a position to do that. Not to the tune of £60k+ per month anyway.

The problem is, are Sainsbury going to continue putting money in which is basically advanced payments on the purchase of Roots Hall?.....especially when jack **** is happening on the FF front.

Surely there will come a time when Sainsbury think hang on a minute, we have pumped in £5m+ up front here and have nothing to show for it. So what happens when they withdraw their funding? (Thats if they haven't already) is Ron going to find the required wonga to keep us above water?

And what happens if Sainsbury pull out? (which has already been rumoured) how is Ron/SUFC going to pay that huge advancement back and what happens to Roots Hall?

Why is the Section 106 agreement still not signed?

Why have Prospects/Pizza places/Flats etc not been purchased?

All valid questions in my eyes, that deserve honest answers.

This is why an AGM needs to be held and questions like these need to be answered by Ron himself. Not questions about players, kits, favourite films and food etc directed to Brown or Kavanagh.

Ron is unlikely to have put any of his own money in, as I sincerely doubt he is in a position to do that. Not to the tune of £60k+ per month anyway.

The problem is, are Sainsbury going to continue putting money in which is basically advanced payments on the purchase of Roots Hall?.....especially when jack **** is happening on the FF front.

Surely there will come a time when Sainsbury think hang on a minute, we have pumped in £5m+ up front here and have nothing to show for it. So what happens when they withdraw their funding? (Thats if they haven't already) is Ron going to find the required wonga to keep us above water?

And what happens if Sainsbury pull out? (which has already been rumoured) how is Ron/SUFC going to pay that huge advancement back and what happens to Roots Hall?

This is why an AGM needs to be held and questions like these need to be answered by Ron himself. Not questions about players, kits, favourite films and food etc directed to Brown or Kavanagh.
It is possible that Sainsbury's could just write off the £5M and call it quits.

I have long held a theory that Roots Hall will become a residential building project, I believe it was the only reason RM took over the club in the first place and that FF is smoke and mirrors. If he can find a way of building at RH without having to re-home the club he will do it imho.

I honestly think we will either go to the wall or end up ground sharing.

It is possible that Sainsbury's could just write off the £5M and call it quits.

I have long held a theory that Roots Hall will become a residential building project, I believe it was the only reason RM took over the club in the first place and that FF is smoke and mirrors. If he can find a way of building at RH without having to re-home the club he will do it imho.

I honestly think we will either go to the wall or end up ground sharing.

If that was his plan that's what he would have done rather than paying off the 2 million tax debt to keep SUFC going and borrowing all of the money he has.

Sorry, but Im not happy with Ron Martin and what he has done, but that scenario really makes no sense.

He had the clubs interests at heart when he entered into this, he obviously wanted to make money first and foremost, but the scale of the stadium far exceeds what he could have proposed to get us off of Roots Hall. He wouldnt get planning permission to try to build on Roots Hall without moving us.

Why is the Section 106 agreement still not signed?

Why have Prospects/Pizza places/Flats etc not been purchased?

The best post seen on this topic for a long time!

Back