• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does Tilly surf these sites??

Bob Cratchitt

Devil's Advocate
Tilly has just made a point to praise Petts on BBC Essex, and i know there a quite a few people on here that are vocal on the opinion of Petts is not what we require on that side of the pitch. I myself have always liked Petts and felt that last season when he used to link up with Nicky, they proved quite a pairing as each would take turns to surge up the left and also cover the defensive details.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Dec. 11 2004,19:46)]It was a rhetorical question!!
Better response than the original ...

WS

tounge.gif

To be honest, I have noticed that a lot of the suggestions in the hot team related topics seem to find their way in to the team selections. Then again, it's still not happened enough to be more than just coincidence.

The amount that is said about Nicolau Vs Wilson, shows that Tilson does not take everything we say to be correct. Shame really............

I agree with the Nicolau & Pettefer link up, i remember last year we were talking about it to the extent that on the site Pettefer was asked about it. I was really disappointed that we have not seen it this year, i cant help but feel it would help, that way we would get regular and consistant crosses coming from Pettefers side of the field, with Nicky on the overlap

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 15 2004,15:35)]The amount that is said about Nicolau Vs Wilson, shows that Tilson does not take everything we say to be correct. Ā Shame really............
Not a shame to me, IMO Tilly has been near faultless during his reign and who am I to question him? Last couple of games in particular Che has played well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Dec. 15 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 15 2004,15:35)]with Nicky on the overlap
...but no-one was covering his overlaps which left us with 3 at the back, and Barrat and Prior are not the fastest defenders on the block....collossal and magnificent though they are.
Thats because when Nicky played at the start of this season he had Gower in front of him, instead of Pettefer who played that side at the end of last season. Nicolau/Gower is definately too lightweight a flank, but it worked last season with Nicolau/Pettefer on the left and with Gower on the right.

I could not agree more Beefy, also as i have said time and time again on here, but noone takes it in to account. When Nicolau left us "short" at the back, was at the start of the season, when there was no Barrett. The amount of times he is in the left back spot savin Che's behind, im affraid i cant count on one hands (each game). Also those first few games, Edwards was nt on form, sinse then he has done really well, but im sure he will be first to admit, he was poor at that point. I would really like to see Nicolau given the luxury of playin with Barrett in the side.

Also adding to what Beefy said, Pettefer is a scapy player (no disrespect intended), who tracks back well. I am the first player to praise Gower, he is sensational, but he is not going to cover a full back on the overlap. Pettefer would be happy to sit in the hole to help Nicolau out...............this is of course a team sport
biggrin.gif

Its baffled me all season why we have Gower playing on the left and Pets on the right. To me they both look far more at home when they are on the other flank.

Hurrah i have also found people who have the same point of view as me. I too am baffled why Gower and Petts swapped sides this season. Considering the Petts/Nicky combo worked wonders last year as the opposition was never sure which one was going to be the one they had to face on an attack. For people to say that Petts and Nicky left gaps could not have been watching the match or as was suggest above confusing last season for the start of this, when it was Gower and Nicky.

Go on Tilly if you read this why not explain why the two have swapped side thus limiting Nicky's chances this year??
rock.gif
cool.gif

They haven't swapped sides. Gower played on the left last season. That's his preferred position so he can cut inside.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Dec. 15 2004,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Dec. 15 2004,15:35)]with Nicky on the overlap
...but no-one was covering his overlaps which left us with 3 at the back
might as well have 3 at the back with Wilson playing!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They haven't swapped sides. Gower played on the left last season. That's his preferred position so he can cut inside.

I was lead to believe that in the middle of the park was his preferred position!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Dec. 16 2004,11:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They haven't swapped sides. Gower played on the left last season. That's his preferred position so he can cut inside.

I was lead to believe that in the middle of the park was his preferred position!?
It's everyone's preferred position

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Dec. 16 2004,11:32)]
[b said:

No, I'm sure he has stated previously he prefers playing out wide.

Barnet played him in the middle.

Back