• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't Be Silly... Give It To Tilly

General Easterly

Dear All,

Time for one of my infrequent posts.

Having bought this evenings Echo, I see that they have launched a campaign to get Tilly the job long term based on the comments by our former Ex-england manager, the great Peter Taylor. He suggest a 5 year contract.

The Echo have also (helpfully) printed a Poster for everyone to take to and display at tonights game.

On the basis that the Echo generally prints cr*p, how many people are even going to buy the paper, let alone pull out and take the poster.

Waste of time if you ask me... still, if it helps to get Tilly the job I'm all for it.

UP THE BLUES!!!

(Tilly for England!)

Still not forgave the echo for the slurring of our fans after our LDV final with regards to the hoolie piece.

If we win tonight it would be a very brave board to dither on the issue. I might buy a copy and see if I can get a player to wave the poster, though I probably won';t ask Jupp
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 20 2004,12:55)]Still not forgave the echo for the slurring of our fans after our LDV final with regards to the hoolie piece.

If we win tonight it would be a very brave board to dither on the issue. I might buy a copy and see if I can get a player to wave the poster, though I probably won';t ask Jupp  
wink.gif
I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Do you remember the "red card" campaign against Vic Jobson? Andy Ansah took one and paraded it around the pitch. That was pretty much the last time he played for us. However, much I hated Vic at the time, you can't blame him for wanting to get rid of an employee who wanted to get rid of him!

Mind you, if there is a player that you don't like then you may want to pass it to them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (General Easterly @ April 20 2004,12:50)]Dear All,

Having bought this evenings Echo, I see that they have launched a campaign to get Tilly the job long term based on the comments by our former Ex-england manager, the great Peter Taylor. He suggest a 5 year contract.

The Echo have also (helpfully) printed a Poster for everyone to take to and display at tonights game.

On the basis that the Echo generally prints cr*p, how many people are even going to buy the paper, let alone pull out and take the poster.

Waste of time if you ask me... still, if it helps to get Tilly the job I'm all for it.

UP THE BLUES!!!

(Tilly for England!)
Sod Tilson.

I don't buy the Echo to have their opinions rammed down my throat.

I buy the Echo to find out if any lawnmowers/mountain bikes have been stolen from sheds, the hilarious antics of Horace and Doris and to see what's on the mind of Steve from the Echo gang.

Is the Echo Gang still going then? Blimey, I thought they'd changed their name to the CS Crew.

I buy it for the incredibly informative and in no way inaccurately opinionated letters. I also enjoy the Daily Mail for the exact same purpose, alhough they're probably a bit too left of centre for my liking.

I thought the recent article about a local man who held the world record for cashew nuts in a size 9 slipper was particularly informative, along with the dog who could bark the national anthem backwards whilst drinking a bowl of water.

Well worth 32p.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,14:08)]I thought the recent article about a local man who held the world record for cashew nuts in a size 9 slipper was particularly informative, along with the dog who could bark the national anthem backwards whilst drinking a bowl of water.

Well worth 32p.
My dog may not be able to bark the national anthem or leap through a burning hoop but it can hold it's own in a fight with a badger.

BTW, out of interest were these Pirelli style carpet slippers? I have recently gone back to these after a few years of wearing novelty 'monster feet' slippers. A nasty fall on the stairs caused by the novelty slippers told me it was time to change back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 20 2004,14:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,14:08)]I thought the recent article about a local man who held the world record for cashew nuts in a size 9 slipper was particularly informative, along with the dog who could bark the national anthem backwards whilst drinking a bowl of water.

Well worth 32p.
My dog may not be able to bark the national anthem or leap through a burning hoop but it can hold it's own in a fight with a badger.

BTW, out of interest were these Pirelli style carpet slippers? I have recently gone back to these after a few years of wearing novelty 'monster feet' slippers. A nasty fall on the stairs caused by the novelty slippers told me it was time to change back.
I believe they were Marks and Spencers 'extra-wide feet' range, which allowed for the extra 16 cashews over the previous record.

I prefer Totes Toasties Slipper Socks myself, much warmer that other slippers, IMO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,14:22)]
[b said:
[b said:

Well worth 32p.

I believe they were Marks and Spencers 'extra-wide feet' range, which allowed for the extra 16 cashews over the previous record.

I prefer Totes Toasties Slipper Socks myself, much warmer that other slippers, IMO.
Yeah but the rubberized tread on the bottom gets filthy plus you cant nip down the off licence in them when it's raining.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 20 2004,14:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,14:22)]
[b said:
[b said:

Well worth 32p.

Yeah but the rubberized tread on the bottom gets filthy plus you cant nip down the off licence in them when it's raining.
Just slip tescos carrier bags over the top of them, and hold there with elastic bands (tip: if you haven't got any elastic bands, ask the postman).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,14:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 20 2004,14:28)]Yeah but the rubberized tread on the bottom gets filthy plus you cant nip down the off licence in them when it's raining.
Just slip tescos carrier bags over the top of them, and hold there with elastic bands (tip: if you haven't got any elastic bands, ask the postman).
I believe that's the spark of lateral thinking that sets geniuses apart from mere mortals.  Well done!

B*gger me.  And I thought ArseMad13 talked a load of b*llocks!!  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
 Yours is quality b*llocks though guys.  
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ April 20 2004,15:51)]B*gger me.  And I thought ArseMad13 talked a load of b*llocks!!  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
 Yours is quality b*llocks though guys.  
blues.gif
You buying the lucky gherkins tonight , Hooly ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ April 20 2004,15:51)]Yours is quality b*llocks
Thanks, I did once win a 'Best B*llocks in Butlins, Bognor' competition. I've got an interestingly shaped trophy on my mantelpiece.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 20 2004,16:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 20 2004,16:03)]I've got an interestingly shaped piece.
Perhaps that's why they voted for you at Butlins, Steve...

laugh.gif

ghostface.gif
Well, I don't like to brag.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ April 20 2004,15:54)]You buying the lucky gherkins tonight , Hooly ?
Wouldn't want to spoil Skoda Man's Big Job of the Day.

But we had 3 for the last game Ken & it seemed to work towards the 3-2 victory.  Perhaps if everyone buys one tonight we could win 5302 - 1!  
biggrin.gif

But seriously.  I think you peaked prematurely by putting your gherkin in your mouth far too early last time.  If you can't hold on for longer this time, just squeeze it, or something!!  
rock.gif

Now whose talking b*llocks?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (General Easterly @ April 20 2004,12:50)]Dear All,

UP THE BLUES!!!

(Tilly for England!)
Dear General Easterly,

1) Why are your posts so infrequent? It's certainly not because you are busy replying to my emails to you, which you appear to be totally incapable of doing.

2) Your spelling, grammar and punctuation is still appalling - little better than it was when you were 5 years old. Have you lost the apostrophe on your keyboard?

3) Please do not describe the Echo as cr*p. The Sun is cr*p, the Daily Star is cr*p, the Echo is definitely sh*t.

4) There is no point 4.

5) Do you really think that a rag as self-serving as the Echo would run a campaign like this if they didn't already know something that we don't - something that WON'T bring them into conflict with the club?

Yours sincerely,

General Easterly's Dad

Back