• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't try to live a dream ...

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
Now is NOT the time to start criticising Tilson, his management staff and his players. The next week is going to be the most important seven days in our club's history for many a year and we don't need to be divided and beaten. The home defeat to Yeovil Town is a disappointment BUT it hasn't ended our season just yet. We're still in with a shout of automatic promotion and, in any case, we're still involved in promotion anyway, thanks to the play-off system.

What the lads need is encouragement and support. We're all ****ed off at this badly-timed current run of very poor form but we now have to be focused. Forget who should be dropped, who should be playing, who should return from some Conference club. Now we need to be positive and believe that the team can do it up at Blundell Park next Saturday. And hope that the positive spirit encompasses the players because, believe me, I bet they are a LOT more ****ed off than anyone at the moment.

So, come on. No bickering, no slanging matches, no "I wanna yellow card" antics. Let's really give those lads a push ...

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!

WS
Jávea

BANG!!! and then the bubble burst........come on bury !!! thats my hope.

Well said.

Obviously at the final whistle I was extremely disappointed that we failed to get at least a point from a game that we didn't deserve to lose. However, I reminded myself that next week if we achieve a better result than Swansea, at Grimsby (just seen our record there
sad.gif
 or even ) then we will be up in the automatics. I have a good feeling about that game - I was there at Peterborough and at Bury when we achieved our successive promotions, and am now looking for a hattrick of promotions at Grimsby.
If you can make it I urge you all to go to Grimsby next week as I believe we WILL be promoted - as Mike said, now is not the time to start criticising - we must be Southend UNITED - we have to fully support the club as it has been too long since we had something to really cheer about.
Third in the league with one game to go - who would have predicted that at the start of the season?

There will also not be the same expectation as if the game were at Roots Hall. All fans will be in one area... noisy, excited... and last year we laid the Carlisle ghost to rest - perhaps we can set about the Grimsby one now.

Obviously everyone's understandably a bit deflated after yesterday's game. But i think we should reserve our disappointment until the very last game of the season, whenever that may be. Admittedly we might not be in the strongest position going into the deciding match of the season, but by no means is everything lost.

I guess what Tilly will have to try and do is draw a line after everything that's gone on recently and start completely afresh on Monday and play Grimsby like it's a cup final and our lives depend on it. If the team gives 100% and we don't make the automatics, then we don't make the automatics, but we can still be extremely proud of all at the club. And even if we do finish 4th, we've obviously still got the play-offs.

Paraphrasing Nigel Worthington slightly, at the end of the day, this isn't pressure, it's a challenge. Pressure is being down at the bottom of the league, fighting for league survival, your contract and possibly your livelihood. The team have got a great chance to really achieve something here. I just hope they make the most of it.

Personally, if the team give the proverbial 110% and show real fight and determination, then i'll take any result.

I do like having large crowds at the Hall ( it was a great atmosphere yesterday) but with only the more dedicated of fans travelling to away matches, hopefully the players can relax slightly (?) Also, the fans hopefully won't get on their back if we're not 2-0 after 15 mins. I'm confident:)

Of course I'll give the players 100% encouragement during the game, but on a messageboard I reserve the right to be as critical (as opposed to abusive) as I like.

For us to go and win at Grimsby we need to have the right XI players out on the pitch. Our team selection has been wrong for the past two matches and not even the positive atmosphere from the fans has been able to change that, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonesy tap-in @ May 01 2005,09:50)]I guess what Tilly will have to try and do is ... play Grimsby like it's a cup final
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

0-2

down.gif

I thought the support was excellent yesterday. Certainly in my area in the Greens there was no getting on players backs at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 01 2005,08:13)]Now is NOT the time to start criticising Tilson, his management staff and his players..............Forget who should be dropped, who should be playing.
What then is the point of this board if not to discuss things like this?  Or should we do it in the ground?  If it's all going to be lovey dovey happy stuff we may as well all log off now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 01 2005,08:13)]I bet they are a LOT more ****ed off than anyone at the moment.
Just as well there was no money on that as you'd a much poorer man.  I can guarantee they're not as ****ed off as me.  Just trust me on that one!  Things must look mighty different from the Costa.  
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 01 2005,18:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 01 2005,08:13)]Now is NOT the time to start criticising Tilson, his management staff and his players..............Forget who should be dropped, who should be playing.
What then is the point of this board if not to discuss things like this?  Or should we do it in the ground?  If it's all going to be lovey dovey happy stuff we may as well all log off now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 01 2005,08:13)]I bet they are a LOT more ****ed off than anyone at the moment.
Just as well there was no money on that as you'd a much poorer man.  I can guarantee they're not as ****ed off as me.  Just trust me on that one!  Things must look mighty different from the Costa.  
mad.gif
This week this board would be best used for rallying support and planning for one last UNITED push for promotion, when the total, uncritical and passionate support of all the fans who can possibly make the trip is vital and could well make the difference for the team. They need lifting right now, not criticising. Autopsies are for dead bodies, and we ain't dead yet by a long way.

And no, I don't "trust you on that one". I cannot imagine, however ****ed off you are, that you have any right to claim to be more ****ed off than Tilly and the team.

The real nightmare would be seeing your side bottom of the league and going into administration and not knowing if you even have a team to support next season. Which is what is happening to Cambridge United fans right now.

If we dont go up this season it will be a huge disappointment but at least the club is in a far healthier position both on and off the field than it was a few years ago.
The club has a far higher fan base than it had a few years ago as well. Whatever happens in the next few weeks the longterm future of the club looks good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 01 2005,08:13)]Now is NOT the time to start criticising Tilson, his management staff and his players. The next week is going to be the most important seven days in our club's history for many a year and we don't need to be divided and beaten. The home defeat to Yeovil Town is a disappointment BUT it hasn't ended our season just yet. We're still in with a shout of automatic promotion and, in any case, we're still involved in promotion anyway, thanks to the play-off system.

What the lads need is encouragement and support. We're all ****ed off at this badly-timed current run of very poor form but we now have to be focused. Forget who should be dropped, who should be playing, who should return from some Conference club. Now we need to be positive and believe that the team can do it up at Blundell Park next Saturday. And hope that the positive spirit encompasses the players because, believe me, I bet they are a LOT more ****ed off than anyone at the moment.

So, come on. No bickering, no slanging matches, no "I wanna yellow card" antics. Let's really give those lads a push ...

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!

WS
Jávea
Agree 100% Mike.

Spent this evening watching the last 2 promotion vids - I'll never forget that day at Peterborough when Crowny's goals took us up despite my young age at the time. Unfortunately I had to listen to Bury on the radio the following year. Whatever happens if we can win by a single-goal margin Swansea will need to score 3 at Bury, and personally I'm confident of nicking a couple at Blundell Park regardless of our recent record there. Grimsby have nothing to play for, their fans don't want Scunny promoted and most important of all the players know they still have a golden opportunity to end this season on a fabulously successful note and I for one am sure they won't let themselves or us faithful supporters down on Saturday.

So come on people - LETS GET BEHIND THE BLUES!  
smile.gif

P.S. Fabulous atmosphere yesterday, lets make it even better in Cleethorpes.

We're in the automatic promotion places going into the final game of the season. Yesterday was bitterly disappointing, but lets have some sense of perspective.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Gower's Black Boots @ May 01 2005,19:46)]
[b said:
Fine. I thought I'd just try and rally the troops. But clearly that's the wrong thing to do in your eyes. We must all sit in front of our PC screens and slate Tilson, his management team and his players, then swap abusive posts and generally build up an anti-feeling between us all ready for the most important game of the season. Typical really ...

WS

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Gower's Black Boots @ May 01 2005,19:46)]
[b said:
mad.gif
Ah! The loyal fans b******s returneth! God, I missed it so ...

WS

rock.gif

I don't buy into the argument that Grimsby's players or management wouldn't give anything less than 100%, nor would I wish them to do so.

I'd still cast everyone's minds back to October where promotion another LDV final and even the suggestion we'd be in the play-offs were a pipe dream. Progress has been made this season. It would be fantastic to put the icing on the cake but not the end of the world if we didn't.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 02 2005,07:17)]I don't buy into the argument that Grimsby's players or management wouldn't give anything less than 100%, nor would I wish them to do so.
Agreed, but that is where an early goal will make all the difference. It's the last game of the season and they have nothing to play for. If they go a goal down their they won't bust a gut to come back at us because it won't make any difference to them.

Back