• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Doncaster away - myth and reality....

James Coppinger scored 6 goals last season and 3 of them were in that match. When you talk about match-winners who only turn up for a couple of games a season, they don't get much more explicit than him.

Still, take away their 5 goals and we were about as dangerous as a shuttlecock.

James Coppinger scored 6 goals last season and 3 of them were in that match. When you talk about match-winners who only turn up for a couple of games a season, they don't get much more explicit than him.

Still, take away their 5 goals and we were about as dangerous as a shuttlecock.

It certainly would of been a tasty game if Walker's effort that hit the bar had indeed gone in.Everything went wrong it seems straight after that.

And that referee....:censored:

All credit to Donny played well, got the luck & took their chances. We on the other hand seemed shell shocked (and understable) and when it goes that way, it's hard to get back into the game.

Personally, result aside, one of the best nights support I have ever been involved in and was so proud to be a Shrimper and of all other Supporters on the night.

I hope we can do the same again, would be awesome to do it at home regularly and show everyone why we are the best supporters in the world

Cant wait for the season to start.
Mog

From an objective viewpoint, I remember a lot of beer and not much about the game.

Hope this helps.

Curry was good though wasn't it? I think I had a vegetable dopiaza.

Curry is always good, so I am going to take a stab at it being good that time too. I do, however, have some clarity with regards to you being a vegetable-eating hippy, and Slipper finding his korma too hot to handle.

It was such a strange game. Donny scored five and had two or three really good goals in there and yet other than that did Flavs have a save to make? I can only recall him making one proper save over the 180 minutes (which possibly goes some way towards explaining why he didn't get his two year contract...).

We were robbed. The First goal was never a penalty, Barret was shoved for the 2nd, The Third goal (apart from a bad deflection) was a direct result of an almighty **** up by the ref when he gave a goal kick instead of a corner, the 4th was never a free kick and I can't remeber much about the 5th but I am sure there was something wrong with it as well.
Just after Walkers chance , Barrett was held back in the box with a far more blatent foul than Clarkes yet nothing was given. It was a complete Yorkshire fit up to ensure an all Yorkshire wembley play off final.

Any chance of borrowing your rose tinted glasses ?

1) Definite penalty - 99 out of 100 ref's would have given that
2) Push ? What push ? Not only was Darryl in no-mans land Barrett had the tactical "genius" of Rio Ferdinand but lacked Rio's other qualities of rescuing poor situations with great defending.
No point debating the 3rd. 4th and 5th as the game was as good as over as a contest.

We were trounced - end of .

Lets move on and think about the new season - with a substantially different squad that hopefully will go one better this time .

What's the point of this thread now? Surely it would have been better to have it 6 weeks ago not now. Pre Season is just starting time to look forward not back.

of course no-one wants to talk about it ...... but ......

The widely accepted myth now seems to be "we didin't turn up" and "one or two players let us down" but is this really how it was ?

For me it was not quite like that and it was a bit more complicated - I don't even really buy the "Donny were fab" thing either -

So do you buy the myth or have your own reality ?

Hindsight = exact science.

We probably lost it in the home leg, by not taking an advantage & lessons may have been learnt.

Can always learn something from defeat and sure we will be fitter for the exeprience, if we end up in a similar two legged position in the coming seasons.

They had an exceptional night and we lost the plot.

Back