• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dont blame Martin for tonight

Yep and its Tilsons failing to have spent 200k on him and not got anything from him.

Im a huge fan of Tilson but its very easy right now to blame Ron Martin, but Tilson does have to accept some of the responsibility despite the situation.

In the case of Paynter I think a lot of our "supporters" are culpable. While RM gave Tilly the cash and he spent it, all Paynter got was unremitting stick.

In the case of Paynter I think a lot of our "supporters" are culpable. While RM gave Tilly the cash and he spent it, all Paynter got was unremitting stick.

Thinking back as well, don't forget Paynter can now be seen as something of a panic buy. We hadn't really replaced Goater nor signed anybody who we felt was CCC class so the fans were very vocal in needing a big signing.

Where Tilly went wrong was to take a punt on BP after Peter Taylor's "honest" recommendation. Presumably he was a square peg bought to plug a round hole and to encorporate him like Swindon have done would have needed further major shifts from the type of player we had.

Whilst he's gone on to prove he's a fairly decent L1 striker, I find it hard to believe he'd score goals in any CCC team.

missing the point. who plays 1 man upfront at home against bottom of the league.

Ah, but TB's original point was about last night. Not the questionable decision to field 4-5-1 v Wycombe.

I do think they that T&B seemingly want to give the defence a couple of clean sheets to build confidence & that 4-5-1 is a way of achieving that.

Ah, but TB's original point was about last night. Not the questionable decision to field 4-5-1 v Wycombe.

I do think they that T&B seemingly want to give the defence a couple of clean sheets to build confidence & that 4-5-1 is a way of achieving that.

tilly said it better himself with his 1st honest comment for 24 years. BOYS DOING A MANS JOB.

Which comes full circle to Tilly and Macca bemoaning how open we were Saturday and by all accounts we were all over the shop last night too.

When the chips are down, lets stick to 442 and get the best XI (actually, anyone fit) out there and get back to basics.

tilly said it better himself with his 1st honest comment for 24 years. BOYS DOING A MANS JOB.

I take his point - at the same time, its a bit of a cop out.

Mildy, Barrett, Francis, Macca, JFC, Grant and Sankofa all have experience and I'm sure wouldnt want to be classed as 'boys'.

The only 'boys doing mens jobs' you could say are Malone, Paterson, O'Keefe and perhaps Moussa, though he has been around our 1st team long enough by now.

I am not counting Scannell as he is a not doing any sort of job.

What the **** is that supposed to mean ??

clearly its meant to mean that whenever we play bad, he claims we didn't get rub of the green, we should have won, blames the ref, even claims we played well.

rather than saying we werent the best team. we'll look at it monday work it and be better for next week. blah blah blah.

macca was honest enough with his comments after saturdays game. i'm not tilly should abuse the players but i'm sure fans would appreciate a more honest assesment.

e.g away game against brentford, we were totally shocking, had barely any chances and conceded 2 pens in the last few minutes. blatant pens aswell yet on the radio on the way home i was horrified to hear tilly blaming the ref when we were terrible and didnt turn up.

It isnt Tillys Fault look at what he's got to choose from even Fergie would struggle to make a winning team from our players. i am not knocking their effort its the quality.
we all know who are our quality players and we all know they are for sale for the right money. IMO there is two ways for this club to move forward
1 Ron stops talking about the new stadium and actually get on with it or
2 he sells (including the land for the stadium) to someone who will

we cannot afford for the stadium to keep draging on and having to sell our best players to keep the club ticking over in the meantime as soon there wontbe any decent players left to sell

Hate to say it guys, but a lot of you sound like moaning Man U fans. No success no patience. Five or six great years on the pitch, one relegation battle and off you go.

Where were you in the late 90's and beyond? At school or supporting a premiership club because your Dad was born there?

Support the players and management of the club, they need it now.

How anyone can question Tilson's ability to manage this club is ridiculous.

My faith in Tilly versus Ron can be shown in this simple table below:

Ron - 1
Tilly - 99

As soon as we get relegated, or Tilly walks (whichever happens first).....People will hopefully start snapping out of this "Ron is God" trance.

Problem is, by then the damage will be done.

Is anyone not in the least bit concerned about the fact that we:

a) Have no players
b) No-one wants to join us (even on loan by looks of it)
c) The players have lost their spines during games
d) We're on a downward spiral in League One as a result of a,b and c
e) There is no "actual" work started yet at FF
f) Ron's blogs are getting decreasingly informative yet increasingly rambling
g) Tilson is having his head turned by other clubs, even though he is one of our through and through Southend figureheads at the club.

FF Has been scheduled for the 2010-2011 season, but if there isn't even one JCB on-site, how is this going to be completed in time?

I felt numb inside last night as the realization hit me that I can't see where the next victory is coming from. When we're lucky, we lose. When we play well, we lose. When we play badly, we lose.....If I'm feeling depressed about the state of our club right now, I can't begin to imagine what it's like playing or managing them at the minute.

FF Has been scheduled for the 2010-2011 season, but if there isn't even one JCB on-site, how is this going to be completed in time?

It was maybe scheduled for 2010/11 season a while back, but the ready date changed to the start of the 2011/12 season. But with a 20 month build schedule even that date is not possible.

Lets face it work is very unlikely to start soon and if work does ever start then we are looking at the new ground being ready for the start of the 2012/13 season at the earliest.

Anyone know when planning permission runs out on the new ground? It's valid 3 years from the date of the original approval.

Found it - http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewStadiumDetail/0,,10444~1336808,00.html

So as it stands then RM has until the 17th July 2011 to start work on the new ground. Bit longer than I first thought.

Last edited:
Back