• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dorian Dervite

why left back got herd and barrett can cover? We need a striker

This chap seems to be doing ok...

0,,10444~6833912,00.jpg

why left back got herd and barrett can cover? We need a striker

Why would we want a new left back? Whats Herd got to do to win over some on here. Prefere him to Mulgrew or Harding any day.

It's not a case of "winning over some on here." Tilly has said (and Adam B. reiterated it in his inteview on Radio Essex after the game) that Herd isn't ready for a full season yet and needs bringing on gently. This is what happened with the Moose, and that seems to have worked out OK. How about we trust the management on this one for a change?

Just been told by someone who is normally quite knowledgeable about these things that both Mulgrew and Dervite were rumoured to be there Friday.

That really does just sum up that ammont of rubbish that is put on here, ive herd it all now

To be fair, a friend of mine heard something very similar when he was playing crazy golf with Steve Parmenter.

mr brush said back at the meet the blues day dervitte was going to either ajax or his old team lille!

well that clearly wasnt a lie was it.

"Lie" is a very pejorative term. A statement could be made in good faith but turn out to be wrong. It would be a mistake not a lie (unless said by Geoff King).

Sacre Bleu! All this talk of Lille makes me wonder if one of the French clubs will come after us in the courts. We've probably had more dealings with them than Chelski!

Sacre Bleu! All this talk of Lille makes me wonder if one of the French clubs will come after us in the courts. We've probably had more dealings with them than Chelski!

the difference being whereas Chelsea/Man Utd can offer a detatched house and 175 grand, we can only offer a Millets tent and a 2 for 1 Big Mac meal voucher

Why would we want a new left back? Whats Herd got to do to win over some on here. Prefere him to Mulgrew or Harding any day.
We need a bit more depth, Herd is a good player but is too young at the moment and being back up is fine for now. Mulgrew and Harding were both top quality players and are out of our league.

Can I bring the thread back to a more reasonable level............something us oldies have a habit of doing. IF................and I repeat, IF the talk of Dorian Dervite returning to Roots Hall had some substance, would we really want to sign him now, on an emergency loan? I could well understand the logic of signing him before the window closed, so securing him for the rest of the season at best, or for three months at worst. In that way would would have been able, perhaps, to extend his loan period.
IIRC under an 'emergency loan' it would only be possible to keep him for a maximum period of 93 days(?). There is no guarantee that we will be able to extend M'Voto's loan, although one would certainly hope that it would be possible. Thus, IF we managed to get both of them in the side now, we could hit big problems come January, having to find and settle in a completely new central-defensive pair.

Back