• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Dreadful sporting events

Yeah I can't believe he had the cheek to have an opinion about something. He's a sportsperson, he should shut the **** up, he's not a regular person with an interest in whether or not their country of birth gains independence...

He plays for a combined Union Davis Cup team, he's no doubt been pictured with a Union Jack. It was opportunistic and very poor PR - think it in private, keep mouth shut. It was like biting the hand that's fed you.

All racquet sports. Dull.
Swimming/watersports. Even duller
Darts/snooker/billiards. Not real sports.
Kabbadi. Cool. But dull.
Baseball. Rounders in disguise.
Motorsports. Long. And dull.
Athletics. Unless it's the Olympics.
Rugby/Aussie Football. Not interested, thanks.

The irony is that I could watch cricket all day and not be bored. Must be the constant flow of beer.

Oh and Wimbledon. I don't despise tennis, just Wimbledon. It's the 2 weeks of the year when 80% of the country know EVERYTHING about tennis, despite never watching it for the remaining 50 weeks of the year.

And the fans. They applaud everything, Murray vs Djokovic? Murray's getting a pasting, clap him. ********s, sledge him. Put him off.

Bloody sheep.

With you on this, despise wimbledon, not a fan of tennis in general and think my most hated sportsman ever was "tiger" Tim Henman

You've definitely got to play golf to watch it unless you like admiring the scenery perhaps?

If you liked scenery you'd choose nicer scenery than a golf course which is only ever a blemish on the landscape.

You can't even see what's going on (ie if you are at the tee you can't see where the ball lands, or if you're near the hole you can't see the stupidly dressed **** playing the shot), although as it's golf that's probably a blessing.

If you liked scenery you'd choose nicer scenery than a golf course which is only ever a blemish on the landscape.

You can't even see what's going on (ie if you are at the tee you can't see where the ball lands, or if you're near the hole you can't see the stupidly dressed **** playing the shot), although as it's golf that's probably a blessing.

Golfs number one fan?

Have to say a polo shirt and trousers is a very very stupid choice of clothing.

Playing golf isn't about the game, it's social filtering and a place for alpha males doing high level business deals.

NFL and Rugby for me, love all other sports.

Women's weightlifting, seriously its like watching the 3am crowd hanging around the kebab shops near Pizza Hut.
Fish O mania, now I fish and fish a lot but it really isn't a televised sport and nor should it.
F1 once they have done then first lap it isn't worth watching, as the chances of a decent crash are about nil percente
Anything to do with horses,
Darts and golf they are social events, if your rich you play golf if your not you play darts.

Although I obviously like football there are very other sports that I have any interest in.

Ive tried watching Rugby and just leaves me cold.

I have got into NFL a bit over the last few years and do watch a few games, but even that there is still the passion missing where its hard to really buy into it if you dont really care who wins.

Thats the problem with me and all other sports, if I dont care I cant stay interested.

So for me wouldnt be interested in Rugby, and obviously the likes of Golf which is barely a sport, let alone a spectator sport :smile:

I'm going to mention darts, even though it's patently not a sport. Everything about darts is tedious and outdated, from the fact these "athletes" are merely almost all obese borderline alcoholics who've retreated to the pub for refuge from their failing marriage to the audience of "banter" enthusiasts, Soccer AM audience members and obese borderline alcoholics who've retreated to the pub for refuge from their failing marriage, but haven't got the hand eye coordination to have a stab at the sport themselves. Watching SSN last Christmas there was some typically over-excited Jim White Junior reporting from the venue stating that "Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the darts". No, it would. Believe me, it would. And what's with all of this "the Darts" stuff? It's almost as if everyone knows the odd cult surrounding this past time is an absolute sham, and they're overcompensating for it.

That, and equestrian events. There's something very Victorian about watching the upper classes get very excited about animals prancing about as if they're on a bed of hot coals.

You sound like fun?!!! The atmosphere is awesome which is the whole point.

Back