• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Driverless cars - a moral conundrum

Wheels on fire

• Total voters
If a crash into a wall at 30mph is going to kill you, we need to be looking at making the car crumple zones and safety features more effective than the person/computer driving it.

As for the driverless cars, I don't get it. Why don't we get computers to cook food for us, select birthday presents for the family, read to the kids, etc?

Live life folks!

All that will probably happen aswell, imagine how much of our lives will be controlled by computers in say 50 years time? It's happening man and we are just shrugging our shoulders and going OK fair enough.

If a crash into a wall at 30mph is going to kill you, we need to be looking at making the car crumple zones and safety features more effective than the person/computer driving it.

As for the driverless cars, I don't get it. Why don't we get computers to cook food for us, select birthday presents for the family, read to the kids, etc?

Live life folks!

No one tell SBH about Microwave ovens. Sssssh.

Live life folks!

We have woman to do that sort of thing, whilst we are watching football.

A friend of mine has a new top of the range Rangie and that prevents you wandering too far astray from the center of the the lane and will also brake for you at the start of a pre determined distance from the car in front (quite unnerving, even as a passenger) and also accelerate for you up to a given MPH once a given distance from the car in front has been achieved. Driving up to Hunstanton a few weeks ago and he virtually had to do naff all on the A12 up to Ipswich, especially in stop start traffic. Once past Ipswich and on the B roads it didn't work so well :smile:

On a personal point. Me, I absolutely love the feedback you get from a well set up car and I thank God I won't be around when all the pleasure has been taken away from the experience of driving.

Microwave ovens and Koi carp - the list is getting longer :winking:

Hmm... pretty clear the more usual and far wider context I intended by 'cooking'. I can see how some of you might benefit by leaving computers to take care of banter for you though. xx

:dim:

On a personal point. Me, I absolutely love the feedback you get from a well set up car and I thank God I won't be around when all the pleasure has been taken away from the experience of driving.
This although I'm not planning on not being around for a while yet (mainly as I'm not subjected to OBL's "cooking"...) :winking:

Live life folks!

Where can I get computers to select birthday presents?

Cars are dangerous. More dangerous than terrorists, more dangerous than planes. And the reason they are dangerous is driver error.

I don't want to encourage people to drive - it's selfish - but otherwise driverless cars would be a good idea.

Back