• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite an interesting thread and it appears there are more people than just rayleigh boy that feel this way.

Spot on & I can think of a fair few of the old regular posters who no longer bother with the constant sniping and moaning they get from those who are happy about the old has-been we now unfortunately have as a "manager"...

Keep at it Rayleigh Blue (& those others who still believe)...

Spot on & I can think of a fair few of the old regular posters who no longer bother with the constant sniping and moaning they get from those who are happy about the old has-been we now unfortunately have as a "manager"...

Now don't you be coming on here after a long absence and start getting behind someone who clearly DOESN'T have Southend's best interests at heart!

Has been manager - please have a word with yourself !!!! Personally think Sturrock has done a superb job so far, considering his starting point. Explain why he is a has been ??? You must have reason to say this ?? ................. oh and before you say age, think again !!

Why because you don't approve ?

Not only that, but also because I can't believe that ''Southend fans'' are and were happy that we lost on Saturday.

PS is doing a fantastic job. He isn't a has been. He is doing it.

Some people on this message board have gone made.
Tilson is a legend, Brushy is a legend, but it's over now, get over them.
If you don't like it then stop posting on here and go and post on the Lincoln forum because that's obviously where you want to be and don't bother coming to anymore home games.

Quite an interesting thread and it appears there are more people than just rayleigh boy that feel this way.

Personally I have to ask myself what and who are SUFC these days ? A manager that took another mans job before he had been dismissed bringing his son along for the ride, the loss of 95% of the entire squad from the season before, just who and what are we today ?

It's very hard to feel any affinity towards the current set up for a lot of people.

It happens in football and in life. People get other peoples jobs. 'Bringing his son along for the ride' LOL. 95% of the entire squad from the season before left because they were on too much money and they weren't getting paid their stupidly high wages because of Ron Martin, in no way is that Paul Sturrocks fault. He came in and put together a squad of players who are hungry for football, he brought in people who have seen success, who have been there and done it, and other young talent. The mixture is good. And we are higher up the league than most would have thought at the beginning of the season.

Why do you have to ask what SUFC is? This is what it is;

Southend_United_badge.gif

0,,10444~410914,00.jpg

2594880274_3158f84399.jpg

southendunited.jpg

southendunited.jpg

[video=youtube;sB26nvZjzIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB26nvZjzIk&feature=related[/video]

That's what we are, opposing fans clapping us, Southend United is history and present, it isn't one person, it's memories, it's whats happenning now.
Me listening to the radio tonight because I can't afford to go and waiting for a last minute equaliser is what Southend is.

****ing hell!

I'm Southend, you are Southend, but you are being miss guided!

Not only that, but also because I can't believe that ''Southend fans'' are and were happy that we lost on Saturday.

PS is doing a fantastic job. He isn't a has been. He is doing it.

Some people on this message board have gone made.
Tilson is a legend, Brushy is a legend, but it's over now, get over them.
If you don't like it then stop posting on here and go and post on the Lincoln forum because that's obviously where you want to be and don't bother coming to anymore home games.

It happens in football and in life. People get other peoples jobs. 'Bringing his son along for the ride' LOL. 95% of the entire squad from the season before left because they were on too much money and they weren't getting paid their stupidly high wages because of Ron Martin, in no way is that Paul Sturrocks fault. He came in and put together a squad of players who are hungry for football, he brought in people who have seen success, who have been there and done it, and other young talent. The mixture is good. And we are higher up the league than most would have thought at the beginning of the season.

Why do you have to ask what SUFC is? This is what it is;

Southend_United_badge.gif

0,,10444~410914,00.jpg

2594880274_3158f84399.jpg

southendunited.jpg

southendunited.jpg

[video=youtube;sB26nvZjzIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB26nvZjzIk&feature=related[/video]

That's what we are, opposing fans clapping us, Southend United is history and present, it isn't one person, it's memories, it's whats happenning now.
Me listening to the radio tonight because I can't afford to go and waiting for a last minute equaliser is what Southend is.

****ing hell!

I'm Southend, you are Southend, but you are being miss guided!

Great photo's you put on here. Well done Onion.

I cant believe some of the tripe that I have had to read over the past week or so......

Yes Tilly gave us some great memories but no individual is bigger than our club, I thought some people were just playing the fool and looking for bite ups' from fellow SZ memebers but they appear to genuinley mean what they say.

Tilly's overall time in charge was ok to good-ish, however we ended up in League Two and where we started. He had some truly fantastic memories along the way but he made many many mistakes too and was frustrating with lot's of his decisions. He got lucky with a few players and we got promoted from two very weak leagues (at the time).

Saturday's 3 points lost may be a deciding factor in whether we make the play off's or not...for some people to embrace that and be happy with the loss is beyond me...simply crazy.

Up the Blues

I've said in numerous posts that I'd never be happy with Southend losing, I'd have even hated a draw on Saturday. I'm glad there are others that think like me.

Chaps please see below your remaining fixtures for this season in case you don't have them.

o.gif

Tuesday, 15 March 2011
Npower League Two
Macclesfield v Lincoln City, 19:45
Saturday, 19 March 2011
Npower League Two
Stevenage v Lincoln City, 15:00
Friday, 25 March 2011
Npower League Two
Lincoln City v Rotherham, 19:45
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Npower League Two
Port Vale v Lincoln City, 19:45
Saturday, 2 April 2011
Npower League Two
Torquay v Lincoln City, 15:00
Saturday, 9 April 2011
Npower League Two
Lincoln City v Gillingham, 15:00
Saturday, 16 April 2011
Npower League Two
Crewe v Lincoln City, 15:00
Friday, 22 April 2011
Npower League Two
Bury v Lincoln City, 15:00
Monday, 25 April 2011
Npower League Two
Lincoln City v Cheltenham, 15:00
Saturday, 30 April 2011
Npower League Two
Oxford Utd v Lincoln City, 15:00
Saturday, 7 May 2011
Npower League Two
Lincoln City v Aldershot, 15:00

If only I could green you for this

I've said in numerous posts that I'd never be happy with Southend losing, I'd have even hated a draw on Saturday. I'm glad there are others that think like me.

You arent alone we all thought just like that on Saturday. Found losing very hard to take as I always do no matter who the opposition manager is and Im sure most people thought exactly the same but as in all instances of life minorities will always shout the loudest and try to bully people into their way of thinking.

If you don't like it, stop going and stop posting on here...One SUFC always.

Can i suggest to you though dwb that by continuing to comment on the (too many??) Tilly threads you are keeping them at the top of the board and in plain sight, bite your tongue fella eh and they'll soon start slipping off the front page, especially with the Lincoln game done and dusted

So anyone who doesn't agree with you has to stop posting ? I never realised you were so important and had so much authority..............

No not at all, sorry it came across that way. I meant that if you really are as unhappy about the Blues at the present time as you portray, why bother going to games or posting on here. My wording wasn't great.

I know we had a whole new team at the start of the season and it was very alien at the time, but I've been to every home game this season and I've grown to love the team we have now, they are my team again. I don't care about RM, I neither love him nor hate him. I care about those 11 players on the pitch and I really hope you get the love back for the players on the pitch too. I do find it sad to see posts like yours earlier, about the team that WERE. I do hope it's not beacuse it isn't Tilly at the helm that you don't like the team, but if it is, I really hope you can in time get to love the 11 players that play for OUR club.

Can i suggest to you though dwb that by continuing to comment on the (too many??) Tilly threads you are keeping them at the top of the board and in plain sight, bite your tongue fella eh and they'll soon start slipping off the front page, especially with the Lincoln game done and dusted

Cos I won't let the bully's win...I'm allowed my opinion and will continue to voice it......Tho I do totally understand what you are saying.

Cos I won't let the bully's win...I'm allowed my opinion and will continue to voice it......

But surely with an attitude like that and an opinion that is coming from 180 degrees away from the "oh so nasty" bullies then you've got to agree those of us who have no pride in "our" club anymore and have no wish to connect with the current management team, squad or officials are also "allowed their opinion and a platform to voice it" on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back