• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Drugs."Small amounts of possesion should not be a crime" report states

What about companies over a certain size have compulsory drug tests? not just industry like Rail

Well it's your own personal risk. I've not been tested for ages but I won't risk it as I'd lose my job if I got caught, not to mention other factors such as age and the responsibilities I have now. From my days in railway maintenance I know plenty who do risk it though - coke being the drug of choice as it's out of your system before monday morning.

We also have random alcohol tests, and I've known a few to get sacked after coming in with a hangover.

Unfortunately it seems there is conflicting evidence in both camps on this and I'm certainly no expert. Sorry to hear about your stepdaughter mate, hope she pulls through and makes a full recovery.

Cheers mate - she's doing well but still has difficulty with some of the organisational/planning areas that are part of the residual damage to her brain chemistry.

For me getting into drugs was a progression from being seriously overweight I was 16/17 years of age and 25 stone! Rather then have the courage to fight that I slowly got involved with drugs I started on cocaine that was my first drug I took this was at a weekend mainly, I was no threat to society but a threat to myself from about 18/19 till 25 I was a regular user many people have seen me at games in a total mess and many on here have seen it, something I look back on with total embarrassment, however this was not just cocaine now a certain hunt for a drug that would not burn a hold in my wallet so much but still give me the escapism I craved was MDMA this again was an experience but like I have said I was still not a threat to society more myself.

We played Walsall away few seasons back that day I should have died, I swallowed 2 grams of MDMA before 9:30am standing on the underground train shaking then managing to get on the train out of Euston and collapsing on the seat sitting there eyes closed convulsing and a huge patch of sweat develop around my neck turning my blue polo dark blue, then like the moment from train spotting when he falls back into the coffin I came around with a huge gasp of air and stood up. Thats how close I was to killing myself.

Addictive personality's are the key and they are the people that need the help, in my head Scott must drink more he must eat more, I must do whatever more then anybody else!!!

Coke did not lead me anywhere but as I started on hard drugs it opened the door to making every other drug thought of as lower class accessible however the down side of this is if I want more of a buzz and I want more euphoria then I can only go up the scale to the likes of Meth, Heroin and Crack - In my mind I would never touch cannabis why should I that drug is beneath me! THATS the mentality that users go through.

Since 16 I have taken....
Cocaine
MDMA
Ketamin
Methadrome (plant food)
Speed
Tramadol Hydrochloride (morphine tablets then go out drinking after taking 4)
Cannabis

Writing and looking at that list makes me ashamed of what I have polluted my body with over my younger years, its not big or clever and I am in no way shape or form proud, these drugs alienated me from my friends from football lost me countless girlfriends and jobs. I am 27 now living at home again, the situation I am in I might as well be 17 and even then most 17 year old will have more foundations then me!

I never would wish any of that above on anybody here is a thought if you added up all them hours I was feeling on top of the world and feeling euphoric take that number and times it by 1000 thats how many more times I have paid for it with feeling down depressed angry and all them mix of emotions.

With the help of friends just before I turned 26 I started to battle my way out, weight loss appeared to be as good as any drug with no come down! also getting down the gym smashing out weights with adrenalin pumping thats even better!

Thats my story really if anybody wants to ask me any questions I will openly like above and if anybody wants any advice message me.

As I said before none of that above I am proud of and many would not even dare to make public they had a past like that, but if I can put off one person from my own story then its all worth it :thumbsup:

Thank God we have people as brave and honest and open, like Scott, who will tell you exactly what it was like taking these drugs, and will tell you the many more down sides than the highs, and the constant battle in their heads.
Surely anyone listening to his story can see that recreational drugs are no good and ruin lives.
Well done Scott.
And well done for turning your life around, and probably saving it.

Thank God we have people as brave and honest and open, like Scott, who will tell you exactly what it was like taking these drugs, and will tell you the many more down sides than the highs, and the constant battle in their heads.
Surely anyone listening to his story can see that recreational drugs are no good and ruin lives.
Well done Scott.

And well done for completely ignoring the other side of the debate.

Well done Scott.

Thanks, but its all true and guys you really need to understand 1 thing I was told once...

There is NEVER a chemical solution to a spiritual problem

See for me that's the crux of it. I've taken loads of E, LSD, smoked a shed load of dope, speed, a bit of coke (not for me) but I could ALWAYS leave it alone. Some weekends I'd just drink, and again not to excess by any means, and some weekends I'd stay in and watch the telly with nothing stronger than a cocoa.

Haven't touch any illegal drug in 10+ years, hardly drink these days and knocked smoking on the head in 1998 or 1999. The only addiction I have is to salt & vinegar crisps.

Let's hope you've finally escaped you demons eh?

This is half the problem MK. Someone like you can say I've taken loads of drugs and they haven't done me any harm. But you are in the smaller minority. Most go on to other drugs as the highs wear off. Most suffer longer lasting effects. You only have to read TrueBlues journey or Shrimperoo's sad story. Most get problems through drug taking, healthwise, in their personal life with family, partners and friends, and at work or not being able to work.

This is half the problem MK. Someone like you can say I've taken loads of drugs and they haven't done me any harm. But you are in the smaller minority. Most go on to other drugs as the highs wear off. Most suffer longer lasting effects. You only have to read TrueBlues journey or Shrimperoo's sad story. Most get problems through drug taking, healthwise, in their personal life with family, partners and friends, and at work or not being able to work.

Hang on, how do you know that the reverse isn't true? Most get problems? How do you know? Are you an expert?

If you want to ask an expert, I suggest you read the link that started this thread.

What expert????? I am the ****ing expert here

Been there seen it done it.

You speak for you, not for anyone else.

Tired of hitting my head against a wall on this and is one of the reasons why nothing will ever change and billions will be spent fighting a "war" that can't possibly be won.

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

"Drug harms in the UK: a multi-criteria decision analysis", by David Nutt, Leslie King and Lawrence Phillips, on behalf of the Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs. The Lancet.

Hang on, how do you know that the reverse isn't true? Most get problems? How do you know? Are you an expert?

If you want to ask an expert, I suggest you read the link that started this thread.

The expert is going on more about costs, and ways in which the government can save money. I'm sure he was highly paid for his 6 years work, and he was probably nudged a bit to come out with what the government's wanted him to say, especially when a lot of money is involved. I don't think he probably has much first hand experience of dealing with drug user friends or family. So please don't throw experts at me, they have lived in a privaledged different world.

You speak for you, not for anyone else.

Tired of hitting my head against a wall on this and is one of the reasons why nothing will ever change and billions will be spent fighting a "war" that can't possibly be won.

20101106_WOC504_0.gif

"Drug harms in the UK: a multi-criteria decision analysis", by David Nutt, Leslie King and Lawrence Phillips, on behalf of the Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs. The Lancet.

This debate isn't about alcohol. No one said that alcohol isn't bad for you. We are talking about recreational drugs. Try not to put a spin on things.

What expert????? I am the ****ing expert here

Been there seen it done it.

Scott, you are the expert in you.

Not everyone is like you. What works for you, won't necessarily work for other people.

The expert is going on more about costs, and ways in which the government can save money. I'm sure he was highly paid for his 6 years work, and he was probably nudged a bit to come out with what the government's wanted him to say, especially when a lot of money is involved. I don't think he probably has much first hand experience of dealing with drug user friends or family. So please don't throw experts at me, they have lived in a privaledged different world.

The expert actually came out with something the government didn't want him/her to say.

Neither of you two have a clue you really don't

You speak from personal experience of taking drugs and going through hell, I speak from personal experience of taking drugs and having fun. You have an addictive personality, I don't.

You speak from personal experience of taking drugs and going through hell, I speak from personal experience of taking drugs and having fun. You have an addictive personality, I don't.

Surely that should be the crux of the argument, then? What works for one person isn't guaranteed to work for the next, so seeing as there's no concrete solution then blanket legalisation perhaps isn't the answer? I know people who've smoked cannabis since they were 13/14, and manage to maintain a healthy(ish) lifestyle, yet my parents have worked in mental health for 30+ years and have come across countless people suffering from drug-induced psychoses and other mental illnesses brought on by persistent drug use.

Whereas you have a clue about our experiences of drugs?

I have had a personal experience of drugs in my immediate family that led to death, and then destruction of a very close family. Someone may as well have thrown a grenade in the room whilst we were all sitting there. So well done you and MK for getting high on drugs, and having no ill effects. Meanwhile, spare a thought for those of us that are not so lucky.

Back