• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stodge

First XI
http://charltonathletic.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=905&p=2&stid=8445785

Charlton look set to sign Southend United striker Freddy Eastwood in the summer for £3 million. Alan Pardew is keen to bring the 23-year-old to The Valley in the summer and bolster the Addicks frontline.

Eastwood has found the net 16 times this season with 11 of them coming in the league despite the Shrimpers relegation to League one after a dismal start to the campaign in the Championship.

The forward has also just been called up to the Wales senior side for the first time thanks to a Welsh-born grandfather.

At West Ham as a youngster he was infamously considered "not good enough" by the then manager Glenn Roeder and never given a chance in the first team.

He later went on to score 37 goals for Grays Athletic before joining Southend where he has continued to score on a regular basis and even netted on his debut in under 8 seconds.

It is reported that Pardew will sign Eastwood even if Charlton are relegated from the Premiership at the end of this season.

3m would be a good price - but it maybe on conditions based on amount of games/goals scored over the season.
But if it is true then I hope Charlton stay up so he can play in the Premiership.

Nothing we haven't heard before really. We knew Pardew was interested before and this renewed interest confirms that he still is. I think it's really going to be a question of whether or not Ron Martin is prepared to sell Freddy now or let his contract run for another final season. I think we'd be advised to take the money and re-invest it in a few quality players.

Hope it happens. Would love to keep Freddy, but he's too good for us and deserves his chance. Charlton are a terrific club and £3m is a fair sum (as long as we have a sell on clause). I think everyone would be a winner as Freddy would fire them back into the premier$hite.

if we get £3 mil i would love to see a couple used as our kind of parachute payment, to keep the wage bill ticking over and for us to compensate the loss in gates and tv revenue... i hope we then have a £1m as our warchest, as we will need at least 4 new faces

This seems one of the more believable stories, 3 million = great price. Probably more £1mil up front and the rest in clauses i.e. Promotion, amount of goals etc.

Is it just me or now that it seems more realistic it hits you that he is going? It's going to be raelly sad to see him go :cry:

http://charltonathletic.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=905&p=2&stid=8445785

Charlton look set to sign Southend United striker Freddy Eastwood in the summer for £3 million. Alan Pardew is keen to bring the 23-year-old to The Valley in the summer and bolster the Addicks frontline.

Eastwood has found the net 16 times this season with 11 of them coming in the league despite the Shrimpers relegation to League one after a dismal start to the campaign in the Championship.

The forward has also just been called up to the Wales senior side for the first time thanks to a Welsh-born grandfather.

At West Ham as a youngster he was infamously considered "not good enough" by the then manager Glenn Roeder and never given a chance in the first team.

He later went on to score 37 goals for Grays Athletic before joining Southend where he has continued to score on a regular basis and even netted on his debut in under 8 seconds.

It is reported that Pardew will sign Eastwood even if Charlton are relegated from the Premiership at the end of this season.

I read exactly the same thing about a year ago!

Would be more than happy witht his for him. A good price, Nice club and I think he will get a decent chance....Shame its being managed by that dullard Pardew but cant have it all.

Shame to say but its been a wasted season for Fred and for the sake of his career he has to leave.

The only problem is i get the feeling we would waste most of it anyway

Unfortunately I have to agree. If we get 3 mill I doubt if Tilly will be get anything cloe to 1 million to spend

He's never good enough for the Premiership, so I hope for his sake Charlton go down.

Sorry but thats bollocks. How can you say that when he hasnt even played there yet? In a decent team with a good strike partner, I think he could score goals at any level. As Leeboy said, hed get far better coaching than he does here, be playing with far better players. My opinion is that he is at least as good as Nugent.

hopefully the money and london lifestyle won't mean he will just **** it away

3M for a striker unproven in the Championship? Bite their hands off!

16 goals playing for a relegated team who have provided him with pretty appalling service, and i believe our highest number of assists too? add that to his goal-scoring record for the two seasons before and i don't think freddy has anything to prove at levels below the prem.

Back