• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Isn't it something like 9 goals from open play in the Championship? Less than Gower?

Gower has 8 league goals so Fred is still our top scorer even if you only count league goals from open play.

I think some people won't realise just how good a player Eastwood is until he's left. When he hits 20 next season to shoot Charlton to the Premiership, becomes Wales' David Healy and meanwhile we're plodding along with Matt Harrold as our biggest goal threat, we'll see who is rating him at £250k then....

Last edited:
Gower has 8 league goals so Fred is still our top scorer even if you only count league goals from open play.

I think some people won't realise just how good a player Eastwood is until he's left. When he hits 20 next season to shoot Charlton to the Premiership, becomes Wales' David Healy and meanwhile we're plodding along with Matt Harrold as our biggest goal threat, we'll see who is rating him at £250k then....

Is this before or after Barrington Belgrave makes a dramatic return to the professional football scene, powering in 30 goals in our promotion cakewalk next season ?

If he goes to Charlton I'll happily take a (friendly*) wager that he won't get 20 LEAGUE goals next season.

* ORM is unemployed :hilarious:

As has been said, valuing Eastwood at the moment is a nightmare and probably why nobody took a punt on him in January.

We know how good he has been - but his form is shocking. But the goal return this year, in a higher league, playing for a poor team is still pretty impressive.

So yea, £3m may seem a lot, but it is based on potential. That is why I think we may see the £3m (or at least Charltons offer) over appearances/goals rather than a lump sum.

If anybody wants to pip Charlton, then I think a bidding war may ensue, where we may get more as an upfront initial payment.

If he is going to go though, I do hope it is to Charlton more than anybody else - this would be a great stepping stone for Freddy and he will have a great chance to prove himself.

Take the money and run.

He's done his job here and I can't thank him enough but he wants to move on and so should we. We should take the cash, thank him for his services and move on in the world...

As has been said, valuing Eastwood at the moment is a nightmare and probably why nobody took a punt on him in January.

We know how good he has been - but his form is shocking. But the goal return this year, in a higher league, playing for a poor team .

I dont see how that statement is arrived at.

Is Freddy missing lots of chances, has his touch left him, is he giving the ball away constantly ?

Im sure someone will say he was lazy or not trying, but he looked to be trying just as hard as he always has to me.

People seem to judge him solely on his goals, but I really dont see how he could have done much better over the last 6 games without doing it himself.

Pards has been interested for a while so i believe there may be something in this. In my circles i've heard figures of more than 3m mentioned and know that another premiership team is interested if their manager is still there next season.

Pards has been interested for a while so i believe there may be something in this. In my circles i've heard figures of more than 3m mentioned and know that another premiership team is interested if their manager is still there next season.

Yep Pearce at Man City.

I dont see how that statement is arrived at.

Is Freddy missing lots of chances, has his touch left him, is he giving the ball away constantly ?

Im sure someone will say he was lazy or not trying, but he looked to be trying just as hard as he always has to me.

People seem to judge him solely on his goals, but I really dont see how he could have done much better over the last 6 games without doing it himself.

Agree, I really believe 16 goals in all competitions this season is a good return given he's played in a relegated side and considering the calibre of strike partners he's had - Bradders is poor up front but the likes of Foran and Harrold are dreadful.....the Goat (and Wayne Gray actually) should have been replaced properly, infact even better SHOULD have been brought in given we stepped up a level and a HUGE one at that. If I was Eastwood this season I'd have been frustrated beyond belief!!!!

Last edited:
infact even better SHOULD have been brought in given we stepped up a level and a HUGE one at that.

Yeah but AD, on our modest resources/facilities, how were we going to pay for better than the Goat/Wayne Gray? OK, we tried Ricketts, but that gamble didn't pay off, that & Gutts throwing his toys out of the pram mainly contributed to the winless run & then we threw stupid money around in both of the windows with money wasted on Foran & Harrold.

If/when we get back to the Championship and if Ron/Tilly & Brush are still at the helm, I feel we'll all be better prepared!

Maybe we need to take a step back to go 2 forward, consolidate in L1 for a season build up the squad to the strong required standard (choke - a la Col U) and then go for it!

Fred needs someone alongside him who is willing to spend most of the game trying to play to Eastwood's strengths but who also offers a goal threat himself. That's why Goater was so good in that role. Bradders managed half of it in that he willingly sacrificed his own game to play for Freddy but even as a fan of his I'd have to admit that he offered next to nothing as a goal threat.

Well it would be a good club for him to go to, real chance of promotion to the premiership with him as there main player, doubt Bent will hang around.

3 million would do a lot for a relativly small club like us trying to make the step up to championship football for a long period.

I laugh when I saw a topic in newspaper last month about Man City ready to bid 5 million for Freddy, if that true, I would die happy knowing half of our debts would be cleared & Tilson get 5 new players in to make us stronger.

Back