• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood.....the saga continues

norwich nolegs on tour

Latest rumour from Carrow Rd is that Geoff King is not interested in a straight cash transfer,but might be interested in player plus cash deal i.e Paul Mc.veigh plus cash,but his wage demands might be the sticking point.

No I'm sorry that can't be right IMO, surely the club would prefer a straight cash deal to an exchange? Doesn't make sense for Blues to rebuff a straight cash offer and insist on a swap - surely they'd be open to either a straight cash deal or either?!
rock.gif

I'm pretty sure Paul McVeigh was told he was being released by Norwich a while ago, so in that case you're talking b******s.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 17 2005,19:10)]I'm pretty sure Paul McVeigh was told he was being released by Norwich a while ago, so in that case you're talking b******s.
wink.gif
Can't agree more, Nolegs!!!!!!!!!!!
Utter B****cks.
Perhaps there are less gullible supporters on this forum than the "Pink Un"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ June 17 2005,18:52)]No I'm sorry that can't be right IMO, surely the club would prefer a straight cash deal to an exchange? Doesn't make sense for Blues to rebuff a straight cash offer and insist on a swap - surely they'd be open to either a straight cash deal or either?!
rock.gif
A swap deal makes financial sense given that Grays are on a cut of any fee.

Assuming for illustration purposes Grays are on a 50% cut and the straight cash price for Freddy is £500k, we'd only see £250k.  Supposing we then use all of the £250k to sign a replacement we'd then end up with:

- no Freddy  
sad.gif

- a replacement striker valued at £250k; and
- no cash from the deal

However, in a swap deal the player we get in exchange will eat in to Grays share of the fee, effectively subsidising the fee for the player received.  For example, taking the above scenario we'd end up with:

- no Freddy;
- a replacment striker valued at £250k; and
- £125k in the bank (£250k net transfer fee less Grays' 50% share).

Grays get a tiny cut, if any, from a sell on. It's no where near anything like 50%.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 17 2005,20:43)]Grays get a tiny cut, if any, from a sell on. It's no where near anything like 50%.
I was just using 50% to simplify the example. I hope it's nowhere near as much as that but there have been several posts quoting up to 60%.

A high percentage would explain our reluctance to sell.

I understand you were using it as an example, but as I said, Grays will get very little, if any from a sell on. It's not as big an issue as perhaps people think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 17 2005,20:53)]I understand you were using it as an example, but as I said, Grays will get very little, if any from a sell on. It's not as big an issue as perhaps people think.
If this is true, which I doubt , then the Grays executive who sanctioned the Fredy sale "with little, if any sell-on " as part of the deal would get the sack if he worked for me.

Freddy aint for sale end of chat as far as I'm concerned!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 17 2005,19:10)]I'm pretty sure Paul McVeigh was told he was being released by Norwich a while ago, so in that case you're talking b******s.
wink.gif
McVeigh still has 12 months left on his contract,it would be more accurate to say that he has been told that he no longer figures in Worthington's plans.Again the major sticking point seems to be whether Southend can find the dosh for wages.

There is NO WAY Uncle Ron would have sanctioned such a massive sell-on for Grays - my guess is its somewhere between 20-25%....may even be lower. Do you know the figure Andy_S?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueheaven @ June 18 2005,07:53)]Everyone is for sale - at the right price.
Obviously, but although Freddy is highly rated, no club would pay over a million for someone with half a season under his belt in the professional game, and it will take silly money into the millions for uncle ron to say yes.

Realistically I'd be surprised if Ron turned down a bid of more than £1m for Freddy, but in any case no club outside the premier league or maybe the top few championship sides would have the cash needed to prise him off us without using most or all of their budget so we shouldn't worry.

Freddy's going nowhere.

The Ashton comment was made tongue in cheek. Ashton is being looked at by a few Premier$hite Clubs again.

Also, they'd only be dropping down one division, following Norwichs' relegation.

Back