• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

On the Boardwalk

I have it from a reliable source (ie he is a Championship manager) that Eastwood is joining the scum for £2million in January

I pray to God he is wrong though

it seems there's an Eastwood rumour on a weekly basis, he said the other day he just wants to play for Southend.

And now this....i find it hard to believe though that someone would pay £2million for someone who has played just over 50 league games in his career, yeah he has the potential but don't seem right to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (On the Boardwalk @ Nov. 10 2005,10:59)]I have it from a reliable source (ie he is a Championship manager) that Eastwood is joining the scum for £2million in January

which 'scum' would that be?

I presume the scum are w%&k Ham. If so it may be true. Pardew is a prat of the first order. For £2 million we should bite their hand off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Nov. 10 2005,11:03)]it seems there's an Eastwood rumour on a weekly basis, he said the other day he just wants to play for Southend.

And now this....i find it hard to believe though that someone would pay £2million for someone who has played just over 50 league games in his career, yeah he has the potential but don't seem right to me.
Hope you are right. This came from the horses mouth so to speak so not just a rumour from a guy in the pub. He wants to sign Zamora

It has p%&sed me off just thinking about it but I agree that £2 million is a lot. I thought they were after Benni McCarthy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (On the Boardwalk @ Nov. 10 2005,10:59)]I have it from a reliable source (ie he is a Championship manager) that Eastwood is joining the scum for £2million in January

Thats not a reliable source.

There will be as many rumours flying around within the game as there are on shrimperzone. A manager will not know what is going on at a rival club, all he will have heard is whispers, probably instigated by an agent anxious to do some more business.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Nov. 10 2005,11:03)]it seems there's an Eastwood rumour on a weekly basis, he said the other day he just wants to play for Southend.

There is speculation about clubs paying 8million for Theo Walcott who has barely paid 10 games so what is the difference?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (On the Boardwalk @ Nov. 10 2005,11:07)]
[b said:

Hope you are right. This came from the horses mouth so to speak so not just a rumour from a guy in the pub. He wants to sign Zamora

It has p%&sed me off just thinking about it but I agree that £2 million is a lot. I thought they were after Benni McCarthy
If this is true, then the Championship manager in question is probably either Micky Adams or Mark McGhee - with my money being on Adams (if true)...

However, my money is actually on this not happening at all (which is not necessarily to say I dont believe the original post).

[b said:

Forest paid £2million for Stan on the basis of just 33 games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 10 2005,11:19)]true, then the Championship manager in question is probably either Micky Adams or Mark McGhee - with my money being on Adams (if true)...
I'd hardly call Coventry or Brighton "the scum".
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Nov. 10 2005,11:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 10 2005,11:19)]true, then the Championship manager in question is probably either Micky Adams or Mark McGhee - with my money being on Adams (if true)...
rock.gif
NO! The person that told me isn't the manager buying the player! The person is a manager of a Championship side (neither McGee or Adams) and has links with Southend

The club allegedly buying him is West Ham, hence the scum and Zamora references

[b said:
Quote[/b] (On the Boardwalk @ Nov. 10 2005,11:38)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
NO! The person that told me isn't the manager buying the player! The person is a manager of a Championship side (neither McGee or Adams) and has links with Southend

The club allegedly buying him is West Ham, hence the scum and Zamora references
Peter Taylor then...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 10 2005,11:20)]Forest paid £2million for Stan on the basis of just 33 games.
1. Collymore was a different class, Eastwood's good but he's no stan.
2. Collymore had played in the top flight before southend at palace and scored at Anfield. Whilst playing alongside Ian Wright.
3. The foriegn influx had only just began and buying players from lower leagues was 'common'.

There's so many reason why Eastwood and Collymore shouldnt be compared, espcially when deciding on how much Freds actually worth.

I agree with the general notion, however, that if someone offers us £2m for Fred, we should bite their hand off. That's silly money.

I'd be sad to see him go, but £2m could (so long as not swallowed by Delancey) buy the club a bit of long term stability.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Nov. 10 2005,12:42)]I reckon this is from guy who is PLAYING Championship manager on his playstation!
Yeah, that'll be it

Twit

£2 million is a lot of money, but I'd be gutted to see him go to the pink and baby blue mob. I like to be able to wish our players well when they move on to better things, but I won't be able to do that if he goes to the scum.

I am sure someone will come in with a bid for Freddie in January but it will be a cheeky one of £500,000. I like Freddie as a player, two footed, quick and a great eye for goal but Stan and Fred have success at different levels. Stan proved himself in the old Div One while Freddi'e success has all been at the Div four level (I speak old money). One day Freddie will go but it wont be thos season.

[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif
I disagree...

Brighton are SCUM in my eyes
mad.gif

Back