• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

zzzzz

More unsubstantiated Freddy rumours.
tounge.gif

So, who's the latest club to be linked to Eastwood? £2 million? that just rises every time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (On the Boardwalk @ Nov. 10 2005,11:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Nov. 10 2005,11:03)]it seems there's an Eastwood rumour on a weekly basis, he said the other day he just wants to play for Southend.

And now this....i find it hard to believe though that someone would pay £2million for someone who has played just over 50 league games in his career, yeah he has the potential but don't seem right to me.
Hope you are right. This came from the horses mouth so to speak so not just a rumour from a guy in the pub. He wants to sign Zamora

It has p%&sed me off just thinking about it but I agree that £2 million is a lot. I thought they were after Benni McCarthy
So lets cut to the chase and you stop playing silly buggers and name your source. I have heard more rumours about Southend players than you have had hot dinners. Come out with it or f%&k off, pure and simple.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 10 2005,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marky_Gower @ Nov. 10 2005,11:03)]it seems there's an Eastwood rumour on a weekly basis, he said the other day he just wants to play for Southend.

And now this....i find it hard to believe though that someone would pay £2million for someone who has played just over 50 league games in his career, yeah he has the potential but don't seem right to me.
Forest paid £2million for Stan on the basis of just 33 games.
Forest paid £3.57m for stan

I have no interest in Southend getting two, three, four or more million for Freddie - in the past that kind of dosh has been all too easily p%&sed away by the Club on lawyers fees, too high wages for naff players and down drains that none of us on this site know where they led.

Unless Freddy is unhappy here, keep him whatever the fee. If he goes prematurely (certainly before end of season) then it will affect our performances big time.

Dreaming of piles of dosh is a waste of time. Talent is what keeps the club progressing, the fans coming in, etc.

Up the Blues

About four games ago he wasn't in the team. It's funny how one hat trick causes all this speculation. Apparently Alex Ferguson is putting a 15 million pound bid for Ade Akinbiyi!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Nov. 11 2005,09:24)]About four games ago he wasn't in the team.  It's funny how one hat trick causes all this speculation.  Apparently Alex Ferguson is putting a 15 million pound bid for Ade Akinbiyi!!
Spot on - and an entirely predictable situation.

I'm sure I wasn't alone in my schizophrenia as Eastwood 'tapped-in' his 35 yarder. Part of me rejoiced at the wonder of young Freddy and another 3 points while the other thought "bugger - now every scout and his dog is going to be at the next 10 matches as rumours abound of Freddy being sold."

It's a shame we can't just sit back and enjoy having such a cracking player.
C'est la vie my friends - the price of success.

Back