• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eastwood

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,03:13)]Prediction: I can see Fredy playing for England at some stage in his career, if he continues with performances like that... I certainly haven't seen a player make such an instant impact for us since Stan Collymore.
Hey come on lets not get TOO carried away here, I like everyone else would be gutted if we didn't sign Fredy as he does have massive potential but to compare him to Alan Shearer and saying he'll play for England after ONE GAME is ludicrous for me.

Just came up on the official site about how he wants to stay at Southend if the chance arises.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2004,20:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,03:13)]Prediction: I can see Fredy playing for England at some stage in his career, if he continues with performances like that... I certainly haven't seen a player make such an instant impact for us since Stan Collymore.
Hey come on lets not get TOO carried away here, I like everyone else would be gutted if we didn't sign Fredy as he does have massive potential but to compare him to Alan Shearer and saying he'll play for England after ONE GAME is ludicrous for me.
Yes I think that is way way OTT!

I can think of a couple of players still playing in the 3rd division after being rated a million plus with an England future a few seasons ago. Lets put things in comparison here. Rooney scored a hat-trick against world class defenders in Europes best competition. Eastwood scored a hat-trick against 3rd division opposition. Big big difference!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 17 2004,20:17)]
[b said:
[b said:

I can think of a couple of players still playing in the 3rd division after being rated a million plus with an England future a few seasons ago. Lets put things in comparison here. Rooney scored a hat-trick against world class defenders in Europes best competition. Eastwood scored a hat-trick against 3rd division opposition. Big big difference!
I appear to be under the misconception that Fredy's hattrick yesterday was not of the highest quality... sorry!

The fact that I said "Prediction: I can see Fredy playing for England at some stage in his career!" was reference to what I thought I saw, against not only the league leaders, but also the best team defensively in the league! and for that, I am also sorry!

I think we should send him back to Grays now and let someone else have him... we don't need him or any potential sell on fee that may be forthcoming from a top club and because he clearly hasn't got the potential to get 40 goals for us per season, he's not worth the money.

CAN I GO NOW?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 17 2004,23:57)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

I appear to be under the misconception that Fredy's hattrick yesterday was not of the highest quality... sorry!

The fact that I said "Prediction: I can see Fredy playing for England at some stage in his career!" was reference to what I thought I saw, against not only the league leaders, but also the best team defensively in the league! and for that, I am also sorry!

I think we should send him back to Grays now and let someone else have him... we don't need him or any potential sell on fee that may be forthcoming from a top club and because he clearly hasn't got the potential to get 40 goals for us per season, he's not worth the money.

CAN I GO NOW?
tounge.gif
Come, come now, Techy... nobody's detracting from what Fredy acheived on saturday. It 'sounded' to me like he had a great debut. His record is very impressive and, reserves included, he's scored in every game he's played for us.

I would love it if we signed him and I'm hoping we do so ASAP, before other teams start throwing a spanner in the works... but I think we shouldn't get overly carried away just yet.

This is one senior game and I see it for what it is... plenty of promise from a player who could contribute to, what we hope to be, good times ahead.

Nobody is saying 'let's ship him back to Grays'... but after one game, let's keep our heads out of the clouds.

Which is what I hope Fredy is doing right now as well.

wink.gif

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

CAN I GO NOW?  
tounge.gif
Techy many of us thought the same after Cadette's first game against Orient and by the end of the season our opinions hadn't changed....then he joined Sheff Utd and as they say the rest is history....lets just enjoy the lad while his here and if he does as well as one performance suggests...we can say we were there at the start of a great career....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 18 2004,04:51)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

CAN I GO NOW?  
tounge.gif
Come, come now, Techy... nobody's detracting from what Fredy acheived on saturday. It 'sounded' to me like he had a great debut. His record is very impressive and, reserves included, he's scored in every game he's played for us.

I would love it if we signed him and I'm hoping we do so ASAP, before other teams start throwing a spanner in the works... but I think we shouldn't get overly carried away just yet.

This is one senior game and I see it for what it is... plenty of promise from a player who could contribute to, what we hope to be, good times ahead.

Nobody is saying 'let's ship him back to Grays'... but after one game, let's keep our heads out of the clouds.

Which is what I hope Fredy is doing right now as well.

wink.gif
Blimey, did I over-react yesterday or what!
laugh.gif

Seriously... how many scouts take one look at a player and decide "he's our man!" and let's face it, you only need one performance to be convinced that a player "is the best thing since sliced bread!", now whilst I will agree that he set a standard on Saturday that he can't possibly meet "week in, week out!", he has a special ability that is a rarity outside of the top 2 leagues.

Fredy Eastwood Appreciation Society: Current Members 1

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 18 2004,09:43)]Fredy Eastwood Appreciation Society: Current Members 1
I will gladly sign up to FEAS when he does the same with The Mighty Shrimpers.

wink.gif

I loved the way he took his goals (and to be lucky is nearly as important as being skilled for a poacher) but what I really liked was his "Instinct" for the game, his ability to be in the right place all the time not just in front of goal and the way he could find his colleagues even under pressure. Can't teach instinct, and Fredy has it.

cool.gif
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 16 2004,23:15)]I think we have one of the best defence and midfields in the division but really do need that cutting edge upfront and hopefully Fredy can do it for us.....
We haven't, we've shipped in more goals than nearly everyone else in this division. In fact, only Bury and Kidderminster have let in more.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 18 2004,12:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 16 2004,23:15)]I think we have one of the best defence and midfields in the division but really do need that cutting edge upfront and hopefully Fredy can do it for us.....
We haven't, we've shipped in more goals than nearly everyone else in this division. In fact, only Bury and Kidderminster have let in more.
Interesting that this is the case - as we have only been beaten heavily once this season....

I am sure that this is something the Dynamic Duo will be looking at - and am sure that the chopping and changing of goalkeepers hasn't helped.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 18 2004,11:17)]
[b said:
My wording regarding defence was a tad inappropriate, but I have a philosophy that the best form of defence is to attack and we witnessed the results of that on Saturday.

Teams that play attacking football, will tend to ship a few goals and remember four of those we conceded came in one game, where we were quite simply outclassed. It is odd that we are above Darlo' though... maybe they caught us on a bad day! 7 wins out of the last 9 games [all competitions] tells the whole story!.

Fredy Eastwood Appreciation Society: Current Members 20000 and climbing...
laugh.gif

Back