• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Electric heating systems

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Guys, a bit of help and advice required. I have Economy 7 and night storage heaters which are about 20 years old. They're bulky, discoloured, rubbish during the afternoon and frankly, bloody awful. I know there are electric radiators out there but can't find a great deal of information about installation and costs.

Knowing what a wonderful cross section of expertise we have on the Zone, I'm seeking any information that might help.

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered switching from economy seven to watneys party seven and just wearing a coat in the house?

Electric radiators will cost the earth to heat. I would look at the cost of installing a gas combi boiler Kay which despite the initial outlay will save you money in the long run, plus make your home more sellable in the future.

No gas Paul, and connection was quoted a few years back at £15k so not viable. I've tried looking locally for installation advice but have had no luck. If I knew I was going to stay here then I'd be looking at solar panel heating but for a couple of years that's just not worth it.

No gas Paul, and connection was quoted a few years back at £15k so not viable. I've tried looking locally for installation advice but have had no luck. If I knew I was going to stay here then I'd be looking at solar panel heating but for a couple of years that's just not worth it.

No gas?

Where do you live, Wakering?

No gas?

Where do you live, Wakering?
No, Benfleet. The houses where I live were originally oil fired central heating, between 22 and 25 years ago, the other three houses nearby were all connected to gas. The people that lived here opted for storage heaters. We've been told just to connect would cost £15k, let alone all the pipe work and rads!

:smile: ... you know i love ya really Kay :cheers:
There's not many would get away with that with both me and Kev! :winking:

No. Gas. :stunned:
The 4 houses where I live were built in the early 70s, on their own before the rest of the road. My neighbours have had theirs from new and remember a field being opposite and over where the A130 is, their kids used to go and stand on a gate there and watch the animals in the field! Oil or electric was the only option for the area back then. It's unfortunate that my predecessors here didn't opt for gas when the other 3 houses did back in the late 80s so they could have all been connected back then. My connection now would not be to where either of my neighbours' supply is, but about 50m up the road!

Suggest you look into the cost of having a gas fired CH/DHW water system fitted via L.P.G. Will probably cost circa £4000 to have it supplied and fitted, but would be well worth it in the long run. As MK said, it will add more than it cost in value to your home. At the end of the day, it all depends on whether you own your own home and how long you intend to stay there.

Suggest you look into the cost of having a gas fired CH/DHW water system fitted via L.P.G. Will probably cost circa £4000 to have it supplied and fitted, but would be well worth it in the long run. As MK said, it will add more than it cost in value to your home. At the end of the day, it all depends on whether you own your own home and how long you intend to stay there.

I don't think that gas is supplied to the property Yar, so she'd need to factor that in as well

Back