• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis

I may be missing something but I didn't hear him say he wants to stay.

In any case you need to do what's best for you Elvis. As 'one of our own' I'd hold nothing against him and would like to see him push on and have a successful career.

Would love Elvis to stay and always remember him leading the celebrations after the Sunderland game but, if he gets the chance of a good move, would wish him all the very best - it is a short career and he deserves to progress.

I'd be pleased if he stayed. But I wouldn't begrudge him a move. He was put on the spot a bit by the BBC Essex reporter if this is the clip from after Saturday's game and there needed to be a degree of diplomacy in his answer. It will all come down to what we can offer and what other clubs will offer and what he thinks is right at the time.

Either way, I wish him well.

He hasn’t been great this season but I also don’t think he’s been bad like people are making out. Definitely one worth keeping IMO.

It’s unrealistic to expect us to get rid of and replace the whole squad (successfully anyway). So I’d be more than happy for Elvis to be one of the players that stays. We’d probably struggle to sign a better RB at Non-League level.

I suspect he may find himself a league club and be off anyway though.

I would not blame him if he left he could if gone last season when we were relegated to league 2 but he stayed I hope he does stay really good defender

But if he was to leave i would wish him well ,and we would already have a ready made replacement in young Rob Howard i think.

Personally, anyone, that has been involved in back to back relegations I won't care too much if they stay or leave regardless if they are "one of our own"

I can't think of one player that has given 100% every game in the last 2 years. Elvis blew hot and cold for me. Felt we looked more solid defensively with JD there.

If you sat Elvis down and asked him; "Could you have done more for the team in the last 24 months? Personally and professionally? I am sure that answer would be yes. And for that reason...I AM OUT.

Good luck to them all staying in the football league, only a short career.

Wow, Elvis appears to be coming in for a bit of flack here. I'm not saying he has had a good season, he hasn't, but neither have the rest of the team. As for Elvis remaining, yes please. He's still only 23, and if PB stays I think we will see a return to the Elvis of old. Not only that, if he improves we have a saleable commodity as well.

Back